Fragments of a Smile

Myth

        The next morning was certainly a shock for Tiffany. She was expecting to walk over to Jessica’s place to chat once more but a call from the blonde completely froze her to the bed. It didn’t sound like Jessica was in danger but she could help but ask her over a dozen questions reguarding if she was okay or not. Then Jessica asked something that made her heart stopped.

“Can you always be there?”

"Of course!” Tiffany said cheerfully. Things where looking up for her. Finally, things were looking up.

“I’ll be over in a few don’t go anywhere okay?” Tiffany said. The blonde gave a curt “Okay” before hanging up. Without thinking twice, the girl jumps off the bed and gets ready for the day.

“Where do you think you’re going Tiff?” That was the second time Tiffany’s heart stopped. Not out of joy but slightly out of fear. She turns her head and smiles awkwardly at Taeyeon who laid on the couch. Taeyeon's eyes where stuck on the magazine in front of her but Tiffany knows that the girl was watching her.

“I’m just going out to see Jessi! I promise I’ll be back in an hour or two.” Tiffany said. In the silence, Tiffany etched closer to the door.

“You know, we still haven’t discussed this properly. I hope Jessica doesn’t mind waiting.” Taeyeon said tossing the magazine to the side and sitting up. Tiffany silently prayed to be spared as she sat next to her.

“Taetae, how long have we known each other? Since we were 17 right? You should be used to this kind of thing now.” Tiffany claimed.

“I’m used to it.” Taeyeon said. She leans forward and smacks Tiffany upside the head.

“But that doesn’t mean I’m not upset!” Taeyeon replied. Tiffany winced slightly but still kept a smile.

“I had to come find her when they gave us that report.” Tiffany replied.

“Still! Running off to find someone who’s basically the spawn of one of the most lethal things on the planet is a death wish! I mean imagine what she’ll be like once she awakens her powers. Yuki-onna’s are very moody and she could end up killing you with just a wave of her hand.” Taeyeon said.

“She isn’t like that.” Tiffany said.

“You don’t know what she’s like!” Taeyeon growled in frustration. In that instance Tiffany started laughing. Taeyeon’s glare softens as she sighed and leaned back on the couch.

“How can you laugh like that?” Taeyeon asked.

“Well, you were the one who taught me that laughter is the best medicine.” Tiffany hummed.

“Ugh…just promise me if she does anything to you then you come straight to me.” Taeyeon said. Tiffany nodded as she stood to leave. She stopped at the door.

“I can take care of myself you know. I’m a half-breed too.” Tiffany added.

“Yeah, but you’re rather clumsy. I don’t want Jessica to come to me saying you poked her eye out or something.” There was a long pause before both of them busted out laughing.

“Alright Alright, get going before Ice Queen come busting down the door looking for you.” Taeyeon waved thee girl off.

“You’re the best!” Tiffany called back as she closed the door behind her.

“What am I going to do with that girl?” Taeyeon thought as she looked back at the magazine. A memory flashed in her head.

 

“Yah! Taeyeon, what are you doing sitting around again?” A brown-haired girl asked.

“Sorry Soonkyu, I just wandering around again!” A much smaller Taeyeon said with a smile.

“Hmph! We should call you the Taeyeon the Adventurist! And don’t call me Soonkyu! My name is Sunny got that?” Sunny asked cheerfully.

 

 It fades rather quickly, but Taeyeon questions all the same.

“Huh, why am I suddenly…?” As she got up from the couch, another one flashed.

 

“Soonkyu! Look at what I can do now!” Taeyeon said. The young girl held her palms close together and a small light flickered in between them. The light grew a little and turned into a small flower.

“Woah, I guess you’re finally getting used to your powers huh?” Sunny said.

“Yep! Pretty cool right?” Taeyeon asked with a bright smile. Sunny chuckled.

“You should smile like that more often!” Sunny said.

 

“Is that all you can think about right now?” Taeyeon said. She decided she’d tackle the day by herself. How unlike her. Once dressed in something decent, she combed her hair. A soft hum made it passed her lips, slowly turning into a song.

The thing I suddenly remembered was your smile, I keep trying to erase it but it just gets clearer. Love. All of the stories we shared together; now they are in the past.” The words came naturally. Her voice was crystal clear and soft. Nothing was quite like it. Sadly, it was cut short. Taeyeon ceased in her song and pulled her hands away from her hair.

“Ah, I should head over to check on Tiffany.”  Taeyeon spoke to no one.  She didn’t move an inch. Another flash.

 

Don’t let your emotions distract you from what’s in front of you! That’s our way okay?” Sunny said to her one day.

“Right Soonkyu!” Taeyeon grinned. The latter smacked her upside the head with a small frown.

“I told you, its Sunny!”  Sunny replied.

“Awe, come on it’s a cute name! Just like yooouuuu~~~” Taeyeon claimed. Sunny’s cheeks seemed to flush a faint pink before she huffed in annoyance.

“Just promise me you’ll stay out of trouble okay?” Sunny asked seriously.

 

            A vase sitting on the counter crashed to the floor. Taeyeon stares at it blankly before cleaning it up. Tossing the broken shards into the trash, Taeyeon made a mental note to buy Tiffany a new one. Then she forgot about that note when she saw the flower on the ground. Without a word, she picks it up and holds it gently.

“Sorry Soonkyu." Taeyeon mumbled as the flower slightly wilted in her grasp. She tucks the plant away into her pocket making another mental note.

"Don't let emotions get in the way of a mission." Taeyeon thought.

___________________________________

ANNNNNNDDDDDD THATS THE UPDATE!

Sorry if its late, I haven't really got the chance to write due to writers block, research, and the dozens of kpop comebacks. (For example: SNSD's Party, which I can quote 'Killed me within 3 seconds'). Buuuuutttt I'm here now with an update, a peak into SunYeon update to be specfic! Also we get to see a bit of Taeyeon's abilites as a Half-Breed. (Can you guess what myth she's refered to?)

Also I would like to thank everyone once again for reading this story and subscribing. We are offically at 2362 views, 116 Subs, and 7 Upvotes! Yay! (Throws confetti at everyones faces) I love all of you for taking the time out of your day to read this.

Keep reading and I'll keep writing! Peace out my Ghouls and Ghosts!

GHOSTKEEPER