Colors of Monsters, Silence, and Gold

Myth

Yoona matched Sooyoung’s pace, walking quietly. It’s been awhile since she stepped foot in HQ, and certainly it has changed. There was a new air to the place, a thriving community filled with unfamiliar faces and new structures and buildings that weren’t around before. It makes her wonder what was left of the world she knew before. She shakes her head and continues to walk. Sooyoung presses her thumb to a scanner.

 

Click

 

    The pressured doors slid open and the two girls step inside the transport. Sooyoung punches in a set of numbers and the door closes.

 

“You know, I was briefed very quickly about this, and the gist I got was that the blonde girl you came here with is highly dangerous.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Jessica wouldn’t be able to hurt a fly, at least, not without the proper training.” Yoona said dully.

 

“So you’re going to try to convince the Commander to let you keep one of the most lethal Half-Breed’s know to man in one of the most important beacons for our kind?” Sooyoung asked. Yoona frowned.

 

“Hey, Hey don’t give me that look, it’s an honest question. “ She claimed. There was a long pause.

 

“Okay, is this how it’s gonna be? Silence?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“There isn’t much to discuss when lives are at stake, Sooyoung.” Yoona replied. As the doors slid open again, Sooyoung cleared .

 

“Yes well, we shouldn’t keep the Commander waiting then.” Yoona nodded and followed the girl yet again. The sight of Sooyoung made many of the workers and guards straighten up, moving out the way and giving Yoona side-glances while they passed.

 

“Lieutenant.” The Half-Breed male they approached spoke confidently, “It is great to see you.” He turned his gaze to Yoona only for his eyes to go wide in shock. He blinks before smiling brightly.

 

“No way, Im Yoona? I didn’t think I’d get to meet you in my lifetime!” The male said. Yoona felt her shoulders tense up a little before giving him her best smile.

 

“I didn’t know I was popular for anyth---”

 

“You were the youngest Half-Breed Trainee to jump from low-level scout to platoon captain in a matter of months, then you managed to snag a high position right after! Your legendary among the recruits!” He added.

 

“My uncle had trained me long before, it’s nothing.” Yoona replied. The boy opens again to speak.

 

“Is the Commander ready to meet us?” Sooyoung asked giving him a stern glare. The boy’s confident composure cracked as he seemed to shrink under the latter’s gaze.

 

“Y-Yes Ma’am, right this way.” He stuttered before turning around. A click of another scanner, and the door slides open.

 

    Inside was a large conference room.  The walls were covered in holographic screens and the room filled with scrambling officials. As the girls entered, Yoona noted the hectic buzz of conversation all around her. A handful of officials and officers of all types moved around and spoke quickly exchanging information as more updates flooded the thousands of computer monitors.

 

“Commander Leeteuk?” Sooyoung called out.

 

A male with black shaggy hair raised his head at the girls.  Yoona tensed up when his eyes landed on them, the evident anger lingered in his gaze. But it softens as he stands up straight.

 

He wore gray combat pants, with a high-collared officer jacket, the buttons undone, showing the black t-shirt tucked in underneath with a pair of boots. He sported the common Half-Breed symbol, a spiraled sun with three dashed markings around it, on the back of his jacket and a stitching of his rank on his left shoulder.

 

“Sooyoung and Yoona, I’m sorry that you two had to show up when we’ve been having a bit of a….problem.” Leeteuk spoke calmly.

 

“What’s going on?” Yoona asked. He pauses, before turning to one of the monitors.

 

“It would be better to show you. Pull up footage from Medical Section 220.” Leeteuk announced. More rushing around before a single monitor was expanded. Yoona felt her blood run cold. Sooyoung’s body went ridged.

 

“Medical Section 220, now containing 7 Half-Breeds, two of them ours and the rest civilians heavily injured after an attempted kidnapping by unknown enemy in broad daylight.”

 

    The girls stared in alarm. Those who were stated as HQ officials looked as if they had just been dragged off the battlefield screaming; bruises and scars littered on multiple parts of their bodies. The civilizations weren’t that much better some still wearing bloodies bandages from earlier treatment. Doctors and Healers bounced back and forward between patients, quickly, trying to stabilize their conditions.

 

“A quarter are in critical condition, and likeliness of a swift steady recovery is at about 35%, any recovery at all is an even 45%.”

 

“Any odds of keeping them alive are good ones. If we found them any later they’d be dead” Leeteuk spoke solemnly, running a hand through his hair with another sigh.

 

“Who could have done such a thing?” Sooyoung asked.

 

Yoona swallowed hard when she finally noticed it. On one of the females, unconscious and battered, was a symbol she had seen days before arriving. A black star with even darker wings appeared to be etched permanently into skin.

 

“Something wrong?” Leeteuk asked.

 


 

The wide underground system was something you could only imagine, much less create, but between Half-Breeds, Myths, and magical beings this was certainly a step up for Jessica. Not only was the city highly advance with a vast amount of people, but everywhere the blonde looked was someone using their powers without even batting an eye.  A sight beyond comprehension was all around her and she still didn’t know how she’d fit in.

 

After all, unlike those around her, Jessica was considered human till a few weeks ago.

 

Tiffany, was also thrilled at everything that was around her. Never in her lifetime has she seen so many Half-Breeds gathered together in one place, happy and content with their lives while of course preparing for the day that peace could be threatened. Both her parents were Half-Breeds, and she had Half-Breeds for siblings, but that was about it. Until she met Taeyeon and a couple close family friends she thought she and her family were the only ones with such abilities.

 

Speaking of which; Tiffany glanced out the corner of her eye at the dark haired girl beside her. Taeyeon had yet to speak to anyone since she had woken up. The far-away look and thin-lipped expression was unusual in Tiffany’s eyes. As they walked, Taeyeon’s emotionless face set her on edge. What could the girl be thinking so hard about? And why wasn’t she talking to her about it?

   

“This place is amazing.” Jessica’s voice snapped her back to reality.

 

“First time here?” The officer with the shorter hair asked. Tiffany remembered her name was Amber. Giving her brightest smile, she speaks.

 

“For all of us. It’s a lot to take in.” Tiffany replied.

 

    They all stepped into a metal elevator, after one of the officers punched in a code, they were sent zooming upwards. The jolt from when the box stopped was enough to make Jessica buckle slightly before standing up straight. Metal doors slide open and they walked down an open hall with wide glass windows, letting in what ‘natural’ light they could.

 

“And here we are. You’re staying in Room 45.” Amber said handing a key card to Tiffany.

 

“Enjoy your stay!” The other guard,Victoria, said as she and Amber disappeared from view. Tiffany swipes the card, and the door opens with a soft click.

 

    The room was fairly large, much larger than any of the apartments back in the city. There were the common necessities, a kitchen, couch, tables, and etc. The windows gave a large overview of the city.

 

“Did I say anything in my sleep?” Taeyeon suddenly asked. Jessica plopped down on the couch tiredly before shaking her head.

 

“You were so still that we thought you were dead.” The blonde claimed. Taeyeon took a second to process this before nodding quietly.

 

“You feeling alright?” Jessica asked. Taeyeon didn’t hesitate to answer.

 

“I’m fine. We need to start discussing your prior training.” Taeyeon stated.

 

    Tiffany blinked.The harden look in the girl’s eyes was unsettling enough, it was almost as if Taeyeon was stuck in alert-mode. Concern and worry spreads across her face while Jessica replied.

 

“Come on, Taeyeon, we just got here. Unlike you, we haven’t even gotten a chance to rest since the Train Incident. And besides….” Jessica yawned.

 

“You can’t blame me for not knowing how to use my powers yet.” Jessica claimed.

 

“All the more reason to be talking about this--”

 

“Look,” Tiffany interrupted, “We won’t know anything till Yoona gets back. Meaning no ‘Training Sessions’ or anything till we get the go from whoever’s in charge.”

 

    Jessica leans her head back onto the couch, while Taeyeon folds her arms, her face unreadable. Taeyeon shakes her head a slight frown appearing on her face.

 

“We can’t keep putting this off forever.” Taeyeon stated. And with that, the older girl walked away, not even glancing back at Tiffany.

“Taeyeon…You’re such a horrible liar.”
 


HOLY CRUD I UPDATED! FREAKING FINALLY!!!!!!!!! Once again I would like to apoligize for the EXTREMELY LATE update, my Debate coach dumped a surprised 5-7 Page paper on our team a couple of weeks ago and the rough draft was due at midnight yesterday, plus my laptop battery died on me.

Anyway! Here we are with a new chapter, with our main characters all still in a frenzy! It appears that our Revolutionists have marked their claim and they mean buisness, with both Half-Breeds and Humans alike. Now Taeyeon is more stressed then usual, Tiffany is worried, and Jessica just wants to sleep!

Now, we stand at 22 upvotes, 189 subscribers, and a total of 6866 views! I hope that you've enjoyed the story so far and hope you'd stick with me to the end! Also thanks to the people who've upvoted between the last few chapters:

Shibuya98

redeb21

jsy184

Hopefully I'll be able to update more quickly, until next time!

Peace out my Ghouls and my Ghosts!

GHOSTKEEPER