Plans, Questions, and Oaths

Myth

    Yoona was boiling on the inside for many reasons. One was because how someone would be willing to attack and bring harm to innocent people, who wanted nothing more but to find a place for themselves. The other was the decision made to address the growing threat.

 

The conversation was still fresh in her mind.

 


 

“The people at hand are not something to be taken lightly, but if we do not act soon who knows what will happen.” Yoona said.

 

“This is a very pressing matter....” Leeteuk said.

 

“Which is why I ask you to give me a unit to train and mobilize. My friend Taeyeon and I, will take full responsibility of those placed under our care. We will make sure each of them are well-rounded combat and strategic-wise.” Yoona replied.

 

“We can’t just send our people into a battle with someone we have yet to identify. If they are as dangerous as stated, then we must use caution. It will only cause confusion if we suddenly began training people for a battle they know little to nothing about.” Sooyoung said.

 

“These people know what exactly they are doing. They know the whereabouts of  Half-Breeds we have yet to even come across. Jessica Jung, a Yuki-onna Half-Breed, was specifically targeted and attacked both within one of our marked sectors and outside of it. There is no telling who else they could be after!” Yoona refuted.

 

“So what, do you and your unit plan to round up all the unaware Half-Breeds across the world? It isn’t that simple! Just training a team and playing hero won’t solve anything!” Sooyoung said.

 

“Oh and I’m sure you’d know all about that, Lieutenant.” Yoona replied harshly. Yoona knew she had struck a nerve, when the girl before her tensed and anger flashed before her eyes. She could see Sooyoung open to retaliate.

 

“Arguing isn’t going to get us anywhere.” Leeteuk interrupted. There was a slight pause.

 

“If anything I agree that we must prepare for the event that an invasion on the Underground or a raid within other sectors will happen.” Yoona brightened at the comment.

 

“But, Lieutenant Sooyoung is correct. Without more information about what exactly is going on, we won’t know what we’re really up against.” Sooyoung gave a smug smile.

 

“My decision is to allow this unit of yours, of only about 10 or so members. This does include your friends, if you see fit. However the remaining members will be picked by me and current training officers.” Leeteuk nodded.

 

“But it will be under yours and Sooyoung’s guidance to train them.”

 

“What!?”

 


 

               She hated the idea. Honestly she wanted to slam her fist into that table so hard that it would break the corner off. Yet she didn’t, nor could she even attempt to with the Commander standing right before her. It left a bad taste in knowing that starting first thing next week she would be working with Sooyoung. It certainly didn’t help the throbbing ache in her now casted wrist.

 

Yoona expects it to heal quickly, like similar injuries she has had in the past, but Leeteuk insisted on it. He had always been protective of her when she was younger, so she knew there would be no fighting it. What’s done is done, and she can’t go against it. Now all she can do is head back and inform the others.

 

Tiffany would be ecstatic, with no official training under her belt, other than the occasional argument and moment of heroism, she would want to get a better grasp with her abilities.  Jessica would be indifferent but excited, but Yoona fears that pressure will cause some kind a stress; something that would be wise to avoid seeing that the blonde’s temper could make her strain what little she understands of being a Half-Breed. Then there was Taeyeon.

 

    Yoona wasn’t going to lie, but when she found Taeyeon unconscious there was a strange air surrounding her. Course there were signs of the battle, but there were also signs that Taeyeon had gained the upper hand of her opponent soon after she managed to pin Heechul. She clearly had them cornered, maybe even immobilized at some point, but something told Yoona that either the girl was thrown off or that she willingly let them escape. The way the plants had started to die didn’t sit well with her either. They were dark and drained of life; just grazing against one had caused them to crumble.

   

    Finding Taeyeon propped against one of the surviving seats, was strange as well. It was almost like whoever she fought had shown some kind of concern, maybe even remorse. The lack of distinctive injuries on Taeyeon made it all the more questionable. From what she seen, these people don’t exactly show mercy. Taeyeon, however, had made it off only with a couple bruises and a cut on her face. Did Taeyeon tucker out quicker than she had expected? Or did her opponent intend on her staying alive? What made her so different from previous victims? Maybe it wasn't her place to ask.

 

All in all, she hoped Taeyeon will answer them honestly, without her having to push her.

 

    Yoona takes the staircase up to their room, hoping the exercise would take her mind off the dull ache in her arm and for her to consider how exactly was she going to train both Tiffany and Jessica. Tiffany appeared to be a quick learner, and Jessica was logical in thinking, but both would have trouble adjusting. Yoona already had taken notes of both their personalities and abilities during the short period they have been around each other.

 

Considering the first time they were attacked, Tiffany was a pretty good fighter, but she lacked stamina and she wasn’t as quick as she or Taeyeon was. Jessica, on the other hand, appeared to be built for such tasks yet her slight temper and lack of knowledge is going to drag her down. The type of Half-Breeds weren’t the two girls were was going to make it a lot worse. She hoped that Leeteuk would give her at least one Mage-type since Tiffany is a Summoner, and one Elemental since Jessica is a Yuki-onna.

 

She sighs once she reached the door. She had her work cut out for her.

 


 

    When Yoona walked into the room, Tiffany was the first person to speak to her.

 

“So how did things go?” Tiffany asked. Yoona paused for a second, before answering briefly.

 

“The plan is the same as we already decided. There will be many more than us, but Jessica and you will be trained either way.” Yoona replied. She takes one glance around the room before looking back at Tiffany.

 

“Where’s Taeyeon?” She asked. Tiffany’s expression drops slightly.

 

“She and Jessica may have...butted heads. I managed to stop them before they started shouting at each other.”

 

“I couldn’t get her to talk to me afterwards.” Tiffany thought sadly before Jessica snapped her back to reality.

 

“She was the one acting all high and mighty. Let her be mad for all I care.” Jessica said.

 

“She’s just stressed out Jessi, you know that,” Jessica didn’t reply, “...I’m sure she’ll be glad to speak to you, Yoona.” Tiffany said. Yoona thought about it for a moment before shaking her head.

 

“There’s something I need to discuss with the two of you first.” Tiffany and Jessica exchanged glances for a moment before Yoona continued.

 

“First things first, do you trust me?”

 


 

    Once Taeyeon knew she was completely alone, she had broke down fast. She was soon sitting on the floor with her back pressed against the bed trying to stay calm. Her entire body shook and her chest ached as she physically collapsed with her emotions. She couldn’t breathe, her eyes burning, and her face wet with tears. She bit her lip to choke back a sob.

 

    With trembling hands and knees, she pushed herself to her feet, wiping her face at the same time. She didn’t understand why she was so upset. She had cursed and swore at Sunny more than once in her dreams, but those words couldn’t leave her lips. She was tired, but couldn’t go back to sleep, her mind couldn’t handle seeing Sunny again. She was angry, but couldn’t bring herself to scream, her heart wouldn’t let her.

 

All she could do was stare into nothing and hope that it would bring nothing. It was obvious to her and to those around her that she was out of it. That she was hurting herself by overthinking the situation. Yet she couldn’t stop it. Oh, it would take a very long time till she could stop. Though, she had one thing certain.

 

“I’ll be okay.”

 

    She promised herself that.

 

“I need to stand tall.”

 

    She swore that.

 

“I won’t let this slide anymore. I can’t let it slide anymore”

 

    It was a long shot, but it made her better. Sunny could have heard her speaking loud and clear, but she didn't care. She was broken, maybe beyond normal repair, but she was making an oath.

 

“I’m never going to forgive her, but I’m gonna bring her back.”

 

    Taeyeon said to herself as she watch her brown eyes switch to a vibrant, deadly yellow in the reflection of the mirror.

 


GUESS WHOSE BACK WITH A NEW CHAPTER??? You guys have no idea how long I've been meaning to update this story, especially since school finished for the year about a week ago. It's shorter then some of the other chapters, but there is more about Yoona and Sooyoung's somewhat....hostile relationship as well as her connection to the Half-Breed Community.

Bet you haven't noticed how Yoona has been watching Tiffany's and Jessica's ablities since day one, huh? She does after all, needs to make sure she knows what she's working with. Though, she also starting to question Taeyeon's true connections to our Revolutionists, and wonders vaguely if everything she knows about the girl is what it appears to be.

Taeyeon is already prepared to do whatever it takes to bring Sunny back, but will never look at the girl the same way ever again. It's only a matter of time. All we can do is sit back and hope for the best.

Anyway, on the the other stuff! We are now at 24 upvotes, 196 subscribers, and 7279 views! I hope you've enjoyed this little update, and I'll hopefully update soon! Also thank you for the recent upvotes from the following:

affxionatesone

yuansaga

Until next time!

Peace out my Ghouls and my Ghosts!

GHOSTKEEPER