Hallucinations and Questions

Myth

“You’d think someone in the town could make a good cup of coffee.” Jessica said as she tossed the half empty cup into a trash.

Continuing on her little walk, her mind wanders back to Tiffany. It has been over five days since she had saw the girl, and for some reason she somewhat missed her. The girl was probably, most definitely, a stalker, but a cute one at that.  But Jessica knows that someone that positive and b with happiness could be hiding something that she wouldn’t want to know. Tiffany could be some kind of mask murder or something.

The thought fades as she walked around a corner. The streets were busy as usual making hundreds of people around her uncomfortable. She didn’t really like being in a 3-foot distance of physical human contact most of the time. It just felt strange and unnatural to her.  So, she did her best to sway away from large crowds and what not, avoiding people after all was her skill.

“Ah, excuse me.” A short figure said as she bumped shoulders with the blonde. Jessica moved on without saying a word, but pausing. Something wasn’t right. She checked her pockets for a brief moment, then swore she remember having her wallet on her. Then it hit her plain as day.

“YAH!” Jessica shouted as she turned around. The short figure she bumped into was hurrying across the street with a look of ‘success’ on their face.

“YOU LITTLE THEIF! GET BACK HERE!” Ignoring the stares from those around her, Jessica dashed after the retreating figure.  She was almost certain that the person had snagged her phone, and she sure as hell wasn’t going to let her get away with it.

            After running for a good 20 minutes, Jessica could feel all her energy draining from her body. It was too hot to be running around like this and the little thief was still 10 feet away from her. Racking her brain to figure out how the catch the person she watch them turn into a dead end. Smirking thinking she had caught the person she turned the corner, to see them sitting down on a crate.

“I finally got you cornered.” Jessica said.

“More or less yeah.” The figure said. Taking a step forward, Jessica got a good look of her thief. It was a short girl with dark brown hair and a goofy grin. The girl was wearing a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt, and a purple-checkered jacket.

“Here ya go, Miss.” The girl tossed Jessica her wallet. Jessica caught it and stared at the girl in confusion. She opened the wallet and found all her credit cards and money was still there.

“I hope everything is still in order, wouldn’t want you upset now would we?” The girl said innocently. Jessica frowns as her eyes narrow at the girl.

“What was the point of taking my wallet if you didn’t take anything from it?” Jessica asked.

“I liked the rush of being chased, is that wrong?” The girl asked. Jessica stared at the girl, was she toying with her?

“That doesn’t make sense, you don’t just steal something and give it back like nothing happened! That’s stupid!” Jessica shouted. The dark-haired girl pouted.

“So I can’t keep your phone?” The girl said holding up the blonde’s phone carelessly. Jessica eyes go wide as she places a hand on her back pocket. She just had her phone!

“How in the world did you do that!?” Jessica demanded an answer. The girl thought about it for a moment before clapping her hands together, the phone disappears. Jessica had then felt something heavy in her jacket pocket. Her phone.

“Its all just a slip of hand miss, nothing too difficult. I must ask though, what is someone of your looks doing living in such a city? Crime isn’t too keen here you know.” The girl asked. The question made Jessica take a step back. This girl wasn’t going to to attack her right? No, Jessica was sure that wasn’t the case.

“You don’t belong here.” The girl said.

“And who are you to tell me that? I swear first its that pink-intruder and now its you. Are you two in some kind of gang or something?” Jessica said irritated at the girls comment.

“My name doesn’t matter since I don’t really belong here either.” The girl said before breaking out into laughter. Feeling the hair on her arms stand on edge, Jessica decided that it was about time she left and her heel.

“They won’t be so nice like I am, Miss. they’re never nice to people like us, us half-breeds.” Jessica paused and glanced back at the girl.

“Half-breed? You name like a race or something?” Jessica asked in confusion.

“Ah I wish it was that simple, or else I would be sitting at home with my family.  But things are getting complicated, people are disappearing haven’t you noticed?” The girl asked.

“What are you talking about? What on earth did this have to do with stealing my wallet!?” Jessica said. The girl chuckles.

“My my, you really are clueless aren’t you? Did your parents really erase that much of your history? Or maybe you chose to lock away things that you don’t want anyone to know.” The girl’s voice had suddenly turn dark as she hoped off the crate. Jessica felt her blood boil at the comment.

“What happened to me is none of your business, just go away!” Jessica said.

“Can’t do that yet, not as long as there is so much to be done. There is a battle, no a war coming Miss Jung. I suggest you prepare while you can.” And with that the air around them shifts. Suddenly, Jessica found it hard to breath as the girl approached her. She tried to run but her legs were stuck in place.

“It’s the only thing that keeps a half-breed alive after all.” And with that the girl had vanished mid-step. Jessica could breath again, but felt her heart stop. The girl had just vanished into nothing.

“There’s no way in h*** that just happened. No way. No how. “ Jessica said as she her heel.

As she walked she couldn’t help but feel like someone was following her, checking behind her every time she made a turn or glancing at the strangers around her. She was already self conscious enough around crowds, what just happened a few moments ago made it worse.  Maybe she should go home and take a nap; it’s probably the best thing for her. But the thought of going back alone made her uneasy.

“Get yourself together Jessica! No one scares you, you’re a Jung!” Jessica told herself sternly.

“Hey are you okay?” A concerned voice made the blonde flinch before looking to her side. It was a young boy, no older then 14 by the looks of him.

“Ah, yeah just jumpy today, no need to worry.” Jessica said quietly. The boy tilted his head.

“You look like you saw a ghost.” The boy said.

“I think I did.” Jessica thought as she sent the boy away. 

Jessica couldn’t keep her head on straight; she needed something to calm herself down, but seeing as that everything wants to confuse her that was highly impossible. In the end, Jessica decided that she would walk into a store to look for absolutely nothing. Maybe she’d find something that would get her mind off of it. She was wrong. The moment she stepped into the store she could feel a set of eyes boring a hole into her side.

Glancing up she did in fact find someone staring at her intently. A very tall male with shaggy brown hair stood behind the counter. His eyes never left hers.

“Ah, welcome! Is there anything I can help you with?” The man asked. Jessica shook her head and turned to roam the store. She could tell the man was still looking at her. Jessica’s frequent glances at the male set her on edge every time. Out of all the people here he was looking at her.

“But then again…. I’m really the only one here.” Her eyes wandered around noticing how empty the store was.  Maybe this was a bad idea.

“Ma’am do you need help?” Jessica jumped when the man had somehow snuck his way behind her. Turning around with a weak smile.

“No, I’m fine. I’ll just have to go somewhere else to find what I’m looking for.” Jessica lies as she moved passed the man. When she felt a hand grab her wrist, she had a reflex turning around and slapping the male across the face. Panic takes over.

“I am soooo sorry! I didn’t mean to do…that.” Jessica took a step back when she finds the male unfazed by her attack. His face was blank as he raised a hand up to his cheek.

“Your hand is very cold, perhaps I can warm things up.” Jessica could suddenly feel the temperature rise up immediately. The blonde’s panic turned to fear as she rushed to the exit. However as soon as she gripped the handle she flinches back, the bar was almost burning hot.

“Running won’t save you.” Her head whips around to look at the man.

“It will only make us come after you, time after time.” He said taking a step. Forward. Jessica could feel her heart pound against her chest.

“Why aren’t you fighting back? It should be easy for you to over power me.” The man said. His eyes were no longer a dark shade of brown, but a fiery color of red.

“Don’t take a step closer!” Jessica shouted. The male ignored her cry and came closer.

Jessica felt herself unable to breath again and turned towards the door. Ignoring the pain in her hands she forced the door open and rushed outside, panting. She looked back and saw the man hadn’t followed her. In fact, he wasn’t even visible through the glass door. Jessica gasps for air as she walked back towards the door. Placing her hand on it, the metal wasn’t even warm.

“I’m going crazy. I am so going crazy!” Jessica backed away and looked around. No one walked the not empty streets. Everything was so quiet, and for once Jessica didn’t want that.  With that she ran. She didn’t know where she was going, but she ran.

            Was it fear that coursed through her body? Or was it the confusion that demanded answers? Jessica didn’t care. She just wanted it to stop. She didn’t know how long she ran, but she found herself in front of her apartment building. The tall building looked inviting but she didn’t trust it. She didn’t trust how peaceful it looked.

“Jessica?” The blonde’s eyes met a pair of familiar ones. Tiffany. It didn’t even take a second before Jessica had seized the girl by the shoulders and pushed her up against a wall.

“You.” Jessica said. Tiffany stared in confusion.

“Are you okay?” Tiffany asked. Jessica gripped her shoulders.

“Don’t play dumb with me! What the heck is going on!?” Jessica said harshly.

“I don’t under---“

“Don’t give me that bull! That thief, that man, everyone! Why is everyone suddenly out to get me now that I met you!?” Jessica said. Tiffany opened but said nothing. Jessica could feel her patience dwindling by the second.

“Answer me!” Jessica demanded.

“Jessica, calm down. Please, you’re hurting yourself.” Tiffany said. Jessica hadn’t notice before, but her body felt strangely cold. Inhumanly cold. She lets go of Tiffany and looks at her hands. They were paler then before.

“What the heck am I?” Jessica asked.

"Not Human that's for sure." Jessica's head whiped around to see another girl standing behind her. 

"T-Taeyeon! I can e-explain!" Jessica heard Tiffany stuttered as Jessica turned to faced the girl.

"This dosen't concern you." Jessica said coldly.

"Actually, I think it does. Especially when I'm looking at a fellow half-breed." Taeyeon said. There it goes. That same phrase, "half-breed."

"You look human, but your not. I'm surprised that someone of your species was allowed to live. A Yuki-onna in the flesh and blood, but too bad that I have to end you." and with that Jessica felt the air shift around her again, but this time she could breath. Taeyeon's brown eyes had turned a bright yellow as she dashed straight for her.

_____________________

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNN Taeyeon is introduced in the most dramtic way possible. Tiffany's in trouble for reasons unknown and Jessica is still confused as heck, what could possibly be going on?  A Yuki-onna is a type of snow spirt by the way, Imma explain more next chapter.

Oh and thank you to the 3 people who have upvoted this story:

alpha678

ejx_sunshiner999

StayCool

I hope I continue to write in a way that you and everyone else find enjoyable *bows*

Anyway keep it cool my ghosties! 

-GHOSTKEEPER