Reactions and Threats

Myth

    Yoona had updated everyone whenever she had the change on training preparations, and the girls had each responded differently.

 

    Tiffany, as Yoona predicted, was excited. She explained that while she grew up in a family of half-breeds, her parents had never taught them too much about their heritage. The most training she had ever received in fact was either self taught, or her oldest brother spoke to her about. Leo,that’s his name, had taught Tiffany minor casting spells that he had picked up from their grandfather. None of them were really meant for battle they were just the basics, like drawing the trane symbols or casting magic runes on the objects in her room. Anything that included summoning or other was a foreign concept for her.

 

    Taeyeon was strangely uninterested in the whole ordeal. While she did seem a bit more...alive than earlier, she wasn’t too fond of the idea of being around the other half-breeds that they had yet to meet. Taeyeon didn’t want too many people finding out about Jessica’s Yuki-Onna heritage, believing that she may be perceived as a threat by, as she phrased it, “outsiders.” Yoona explained that hopefully wouldn’t be the case, but was only met with a shrug and a small hum.

 

    Jessica, to everyone's surprise, was taking the information in rather well and without much protest. In fact, the blonde seemed to want to whatever was in store for her over with. The quicker she was able to have a handle on her powers, the easier it would be to defend herself and help stop whoever is attacking unaware half-breeds such as herself, right?

 

    The next few days would pass by rather quickly.

 


The faded stonewalls stretched as far as her eyes could see. She was walking aimlessly in an unforgivable labyrinth, tracing the walls with her fingertips. The symbols etched into her arms glowed a faded gold, and she grimaced. Sunny could still feel Taeyeon’s lingering presence. The power that coursed through her once best friend's body had turned violent when Sunny had revealed herself, and it wrenched her heart. She had hoped and prayed that Taeyeon would never had to witness what she had became.

 

                 Fate had other plans for her, she guessed.

 

                 Speaking of fate----

 

“I thought I made it clear that I wasn’t to be bothered.” Sunny spoke out.

 

                 There was a long pause before she heard a stray chuckle.

 

“Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.”

 

                 Stonewalls crumbled away as Sunny opened her eyes. Her shoulders were stiff from meditating for so long, and the bright light that poured into the room made her eyes burn. Her eyes adjusted, and she looked towards the man standing in the doorway.

 

“What do you want, Key?”

 

                 Key was a tall, skinny male with black hair and dark brown eyes. He wore a black button up shirt with black slacks and dress shoes that clashed with his relatively pale skin, but suited him nonetheless. On each hand he had a silver ring on his index finger.

 

                 With one arm leaning on the doorframe and his hand on his waist, he gave a concerned frown.

 

“You’ve been moody lately, more so than usual. What’s up?” He asked.

 

“Please,” Sunny scoffed, “like you really care about that.”

 

                 His frown was replaced with a smile as he brings his hand his chest.

 

“Oh, how you wound me! Can’t I show some kind of concern for a friend?” Key asked.

 

                 When he received no answer he continued.

 

“If you must know…” His voice suddenly low.

 

“I do believe that letting your prey go so easily is considered treason.” He remarked.

 

                 Sunny held back a snarl as she stood from the chair she sat in.

 

“Watch your mouth.” Sunny snapped.

 

“It’s true.” Key claimed, “You let an unworthy off the hook.”

 

                 Sunny’s glared hardened as Key approached, unfazed.

 

“What I did was send them a messenger.” Sunny replied.

 

“Tch. Is that what you told everyone? You should know better.” He stated.

 

                 She knew he was just pushing her buttons. She knew that Key wasn’t any real threat, at least so long as she was his higher-up. Key wasn’t an idiot.

 

“The Yuki-Onna is better off with them for now. The more power she gains the easier she’ll be for us to manipulate, and you of all people should know that.” Sunny said.

 

                 Key laughs.

 

“But the forest brat you let live isn’t, right?”

 

                 Sunny felt her blood run cold.

 

“I knew it.” He clicked his tongue, “You thought you could reason with her didn’t you?”

 

                 Traitor. Taeyeon’s voice was still fresh in her mind.

 

                 Maybe, maybe if she would have found the girl earlier then Taeyeon would have taken this a lot easier. Taeyeon would be much more willing to fight by her side, to keep her grounded.

 

“You showed mercy for a chance at finding someone who could possibly make you feel human again.”

 

                 Sunny hadn’t blink when a rune, a magic circle with a broken star in the middle, had appeared between them. Nor did she acknowledge how Key still tried to intimidate her by making his eyes flash red. Her breathing became shallow as the rune glowed an almost blinding white. She could feel him shrink back as she raised two fingers, prepared to activate the spell at any moment.

 

“You won’t find me showing mercy for anyone who dare to step out of line.” Sunny said.

 

“You don’t have the guts.” He stated.

 

                 Static had begun to flick off the rune as she pointed directly as his chest.

 

                 Her own eyes turned into a fierce gray.

 

Try me.” She snapped.

 

                 When she began to recite the spell, Key backed down almost immediately. He pratically shrunk in the doorway.

 

                 Sunny’s hand fell back to her side, but the rune did not disappear as she walked towards him. Instead it repostioned itself under his feet. She stops next to him, her eyes still glowing.

 

“If you ever threaten me again, then you’ll be the next person I stick an arrow in. Am I clear?” She asked.

 

“...Yes Ma’am.” He replied robotically.

 

                 With that the rune dissipated, and Key scrambled away.

 

                 Sunny never liked having to make a show of her powers like that. She never liked having to make everyone in about a mile radius of her feel the threatening aura that course through her veins. It was inevitable of course Sunny understood that. In a place where fate has deemed her as the redeemer of worlds, the future of her kind, she had no choice.

 

                 Everyone who resists will be put down.

 

                 Sunny grinned, an odd smugness suddenly taking over.

 

                 Taeyeon was a special case, Sunny believed.  She just needed a bit more time to come to her senses. A little prodding and a little trickery would be all that it would take.

 

“Everything will fall into place.” Sunny repeated to herself, before disappearing into the corridor.


Merry Christmas! (or Happy Christmas Eve since it's still like 9:25 PM where I am) I present to you my lovely readers a chapter that dives further into the background of our 'Revolutionists' and Sunny! With this chapter, I've more or less set the stage for what our 'Revolutionists' think about the other Half Breeds and where Sunny herself fits in terms of power-dynamic, as well as show how Sunny feels...lets say "entilted" to persuade Taeyeon into joining her before "its too late."

It was a bit difficult in writing this chapter, mostly because I felt like it would end up being too short, and I was trying to find and describe the right character that would try challenge Sunny( It is important to note that this will not be the last time we see Key). But after reading it over a few times and editing it, I realize that it was perfect the way it was.

It is obvious that Sunny will not be giving up on Taeyeon so easily, so expect a little bit more of her assertive and manipulative side for a little while.

Anyway, enough with the needlessly complicated explainations, and onto the usual! We are offically at 27 upvotes, 206 subscribers, and 8327 views! I am extremely greatful to have you guys still supporting me and being patience with the slow chapter updates, and wish you all a very, very Merry Christmas!

Thank you to the following who upvoted:

aishern

aservorova

yerbua001

Until next time! (Which hopefully will be very soon)

Peace out my Ghouls and my Ghosts!

GHOSTKEEPER