Recollection

Myth

           Tiffany made it down the hall and around the corner marveling at the size of the house. There were multiple rooms, all differing in size, there a pretty sizable dining hall, a large living room, kitchen, and etc. She shook her head. Her top priority was Jessica.  Tiffany finally found what she assumed was Jessica’s room. Before she even had the chance to knock, the door opened and Tiffany froze on the spot.

            Jessica was up and alive, but that’s not what threw her off.  Jessica’s hair was slightly disheveled, hanging loosely over her shoulders in straight ring-less curls, and she wore just a pair of black leggings and a white tank top. The sunlight coming in from the window behind her had formed a golden outline around the blonde’s exterior. Tiffany in a breath.

“Beautiful.” The single word hung in Tiffany’s mind as she glanced over the girl.

“Tiffany? Tiffany!” Jessica frowned. Tiffany blinked before she straightens her back; completely dismissing any and all thoughts about the blonde’s appearance.

“H-Hey Jessi—“

“What are you doing up?” Jessica cuts the girl off. Clearing Tiffany gives her best smile.

“I came to check on you, Yoona told me you were worried about me.” Tiffany stated confidently. Jessica folds her arms.

“Now that I see you, I’m worried you won’t let your injuries heal up properly.” Jessica replied.

“I’m fine, there nothing but--“

“And with that I sentence you back to your room so you can rest more.” Jessica turned the girl around and shoved her gently.

“What? But we need to talk about what happ—“

“No need to talk, you just have to rest.” Jessica claimed.

“No way, not after what happened!” Tiffany whipped her body around to face the blonde again. Jessica sighs.

“You’re such an idiot.” Tiffany frowned. Then Jessica gives her a warm smile.

“We both know you protected me, just like I asked you to, but right now I need you to stay alive okay?” Jessica asked. Tiffany pauses. An image of her dream flashed before her eyes. Tiffany’s hands balled up into fists for a moment before relaxing.

“No, we have to talk about this. Taeyeon is going to want to know every detail.” Tiffany replied. There was a long pause between the two of them before Jessica shrugged.

“Taeyeon’s busy outside.”


            The wind picked up, swaying the trees violently as the noises of birds chipping drifted. Animals didn’t seem bothered, as Taeyeon dashed passed them all.  The rush of outdoors was almost surreal for Taeyeon. It’s been weeks, no months since she’s been out of the city. Taeyeon smiled as she stood at the peak of a small rocky hill. Watching the golden fields and various forms of plant-life, she took a breath.

 

“God I missed this.”  She said. The stuffy walls of the city had nothing on this. Taeyeon’s eyes wandered before she spotted a small group of deer.

Moving quietly, Taeyeon stepped behind the group. Unfortunately, the most of the group saw her and darted away, except for one. A young one in fact, it stares at her in curiosity. Taeyeon closed her eyes and reopened them. Their original brown shade was now bright yellow.

“Come on, come here.” Taeyeon said softly.  The young fawn crept its way towards her. Taeyeon smiled once its nose touched her hand.

“See? I don’t bite.” She said calmly. The fawn pressed his face against her hand causing Taeyeon to hum with glee.

You’re still the nature girl from when we were kids huh?” A familiar voice made Taeyeon freeze up. Her stiffness confused the fawn as he nudged her hand again. Taeyeon turns her head and saw no one.

Always outdoors, its your life right?” Taeyeon clenched her teeth together.

“Whose there?” She shouted. Her shouts scared the young deer, and caused it to run away. Taeyeon stares after in before sighing.

That wasn’t very nice! You scared the poor thing half to death!” Taeyeon brushed a hand through her hair as her thoughts jumbled up inside of her head. Memories, rushed around each trying to grab her attention from the other. Though one stood before all. An image of her and a smiling, bubbly girl beside her flashed.

I’ll wait for you okay? We’ll meet each other and both be big and strong!” The childish voice was still fresh in Taeyeon’s mind as she remembered the retreating figure that her younger self shouted at. That emptiness that figure had left behind, burrowed in the pit of her stomach.

“I wonder if she’s still waiting…” Taeyeon thought.

“Taeyeon!” The sound of her name snapped her out of her trance as she turned around. Squinting, Taeyeon could see Tiffany waving her arms for her to come back to the house. Taeyeon shakes her head, but smiles as she head back.


 

“Is that everything that happened?” Taeyeon asked once she, Tiffany, and Jessica gathered in the living room.

“She just upped and attacked me and Jessica in broad daylight.” Tiffany said. Taeyeon turned her gaze on Jessica.

“You’ve seen her before, she was a presented threat before, and don't tell me?” Taeyeon asked the blonde. Jessica scoffs slightly.

“I wasn’t sure if she was real or not okay? It’s not my fault I had to be shot at with fiery black balls of death to get the memo.” Jessica replied.

“Yes, however, if you would have so much as mentioned this girl, I would have taken care of it before we had to flee the city.” Taeyeon said.

“Didn’t Yoona finish the job?” Jessica asked.

“Yoona merely chased her off.” Taeyeon said, “Once she gets back we can discuss moving to a more secure area.”

“Moving to a more secure area? You guys bluntly moved me out here without my permission and now your expected me to leave the city all together?” Jessica protested.

“We had to move you from the city just in case if that girl attacked you, me, or Tiffany in public. It wouldn’t be wise to suddenly start using magic and what not in the center of downtown traffic and seeing that you barely know how to use your abilities yet, you’d only draw attention to yourself.” Taeyeon explained calmly. Jessica mumbles something under her breath but doesn’t speak.

“You should feel lucky to be alive, both of you.” She said.

“But you, need to stop running head first into battle before you get more then a few cuts and bruises.” Taeyeon said narrowing her eyes at Tiffany.

“I had to do something.” Tiffany stated. 

“I know you did.” Taeyeon replied. The sound of a door open, then closing, and boisterous laughter caused the three girls to look up. Yoona walked into the room with at least two plastic bags on each arm.

"Hey guys! I brought lunch!" Yoona smiled. She paused.

"Did I uh...walk in on something important?" Yoona asked.

"Actually we were waiting on yo--"

"I'm good to eat, what did you bring?" Tiffany hopped up out of her seat and over to Yoona. Taeyeon sighs.

"Or we can talk later." Taeyeon said as she watched Jessica walk towards Yoona as well.  It dawned on her, this was going to be a long day.


*Cannon of Confetti and Streamers go off*

*Music blasting as I my megaphone*

EXTRA EXTRA, I FINALLY UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

*90 degree-bow*

I am SOOOOOO sorry that I've been so dormint lately. School is really getting on my nerves seeing that I have so much homework that I don't get the time to even consider writing. However that does not mean I haven't seen all the nice comments you guys have left for me and for that I am flattered (looking you sungmin101, JeTiHyun, Lolol1, and ETC). I didn't expect this story to get such a big reaction out of you guys!

We now have 4351 views, 13 upvotes, and 154 subscribers! You guys are way too kind! Thank you to the person who recently upvoted the story:

darkme

All of your support is whats keeping me from completely giving up on this story, AND it makes my day whenever I read your comments, so if your new or if your a current reader drop one in the section below okay?

Until next time my Ghouls and Ghosts!

GHOSTKEEPER