History of a Half-Breed and Memories

Myth

    Yoona lets out a sigh of satisfaction once she finished eating. Tiffany stared in bewilderment, counting about 4 plates of food gone in a flash. Jessica was fine just eating a sandwich while Taeyeon waited patiently.

 

“Are you done?” Taeyeon asked, a hint of annoyance was in her voice.

 

“Yep! I’m ready to tell them the plan!” Yoona said happily. Tiffany and Jessica exchanged glances as Yoona cleared .

 

“Okay, once we’re sure the coast is clear we’re moving to HQ. It’s the safest place to hide Jessica and to train her up to use her abilities.” Yoona said.

 

“ You never told me what any of this has to do with me and there is no hiding until I find out.” Jessica stated. Yoona looked to Taeyeon for a moment before speaking.

 

“Well...I guess it’s better to explain it now then never.” Yoona’s happy exterior faded slightly.

 

“First off, you need to know how Half-Breeds came to be.” With Yoona narrating, a new scene came to life.

 


    A image of a small town filled with happy faces, preparing for a festival of some sort. A little girl smiled as she pranced around and weaved through people’s legs.

 

“It wasn’t suppose to end up this way, in fact Myths and  Humans lived in separately for a very long time. Not knowing that the other existed.”

 

    The little girl stopped for a moment, coming to the edge of town, staring into untamed forest. Then suddenly she falls backwards staring wide eyed. The outline of a creature leaned over her, staring just the same, before disappearing right before her.

 

“But, separation could last only so long. Myths got curious about their normal human counter parts.”

 

    Days passed, and strange occurrences began to happen. Little things began to disappear, children's toys, tools from sheds, even books or clothing turned up missing.

 

“It was all for fun, Myths became playful, making things disappear and reappear, or coming to see the humans using disguises.”

 

    Another festival came up. This one larger than the last, with lights flickering in the night, something approached the village.

 

“But, when they finally revealed themselves, things didn’t go as plan.”

 

A terrified shriek rang out, suddenly the people were ready with weapons chasing the creature back into the forest.

 

“Of course, this made Myths defensive, but that didn’t stop them. They wanted to understand the humans, to live beside them, but each time they tried they were sent away.”

 

People began to feel like something was watching them, eventual paranoia came. Then, everything went downhill.

 

“So they started taking them.”

 

    Two boys and a girl went missing only to turn up later in the year, unharmed of course, but changed. It was almost like they were stuck in daze, like they were stuck in a dream.

 

Wait, if they just started kidnapping people then why on earth would they have children with Humans?”

 

“Well, when a female or male falls in love with a Myth, anything is possible. The first half-breed was born over night.”

 

A little boy was suddenly able to lift things without touching them, he started to bring dying plants back to live whenever he passed them.  

 

“At first it started only when a Myth and Human fell in love, but then it was passed around through genetics, a Half-breed would marry a human and have either a normal child or another Half-Breed.”


 

A new race was being created, one with a Human face, but a magical soul.” Yoona finished.

 

“Humans didn’t appreciate it, they started to call us freaks or children of monsters. Then our Mythical parents half the time wanted nothing to do with us, so we’re pretty much left in the dust. As the years went by we started to learn how to contain our powers.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Okay, so what that has to do with me?” Jessica asked.

 

“That girl that attacked you, she wasn’t like the others. Most Half-Breeds don’t actually know what they are even to this day, nor do they know how to use their new found powers. But she knew what she was, what she was doing, and how to do it.” Yoona said

 

“Someone wants to start a War between the Half-breeds and the Human race, and we don’t know who or why. ” Taeyeon said.

 

“But, what we do know, is that they’re taking the most powerful and lethal Half-Breeds and turning them evil. Jessica, in this case, you are  the child of a what they considered Powerful and Lethal.” Yoona said.

 

“But why are they after me now? They could have taken me years ago!” Jessica pointed out.

 

“They tried to.” Everyone looked at Tiffany. The girl’s body had tensed up completely, she refused to look anyone in the eye.

 

“You don’t remember it, but they tried to. I was there.” Tiffany’s fist were balled up in her lap.

 

“Tiff, you don’t have to say anything--”

 

“Shut it and let me speak.” The sudden shift in tone caused Jessica to shudder. She glanced at the girl staring in confusion and concern. Tiffany’s smile had faded completely.

 

“Jessica, when you were younger you got into a lot of trouble right? You would upset your mother because she wouldn’t let you go outside ever since you had turned 5.”  Tiffany said.

 

Jessica paused, remembering briefly how her father would constantly keep her in doors. ‘It’s too cold to go out’, ‘It’s too hot outside’,’You just go over a cold!’, all were phrases she heard constantly.

 

“Your father saw that your powers were awakening, he would find little instances of frost clinging to toys you held or how you wouldn’t be bothered by the cold like everyone else. Your mother left shortly in hopes to keep them from finding you.” Tiffany spoke quietly.

 

“You didn’t know this for some time, but I was there. There were brief moments where I could see you through your house window, hands propped up under your chin and staring out the window. I didn’t know your name,but I heard it from my parents whenever they talked about your ‘Controlling’ family.” Tiffany said.

 

    A image of a girl smiling at her, appeared in Jessica’s mind once more. Staring at Tiffany, she felt her chest tighten, a pang of remorse spreads across her face.

 

“After you started to show signs that your powers had faded. He started taking you outside from time to time and we met. I remember it as clear as day.” Tiffany paused to let a stray chuckle push past her lips, “You were adorable, hiding behind him as I tried to talk with you.”

 

Another image, this one heavily blurred. A young Jessica holding tightly onto father’s hand as another girl held her hand out to her.

 

“But it didn’t last long. Something...someone knew what you were and they wanted to control you.” Tiffany said.

 

“It happened all so fast, you were cornered by someone but  I saw...I saw you run into the forest. I ran after you. Then everything became this white blur.” Tiffany said.

 

    Something clicked in Jessica’s mind. She had a dream similar to this, it’s where she met her younger self. The tall shadowy figure that chased her; was that what Tiffany was talking about? But then her younger self  didn’t show any kind of fear till she actually saw that figure.  

 

The white blur, that had to be the storm that she created. But what happened next? A splitting headache suddenly washed over the blonde causing her to flinch.

 

“I remember looking around for you, only to find you curled up in a pile of snow, your skin was pale and cold to the touch.” Tiffany’s breathing hitched for a moment causing Taeyeon to jump up onto her feet. Tiffany paused before speaking again.

 

“Your dad found us. He didn’t say a word to me, picked you up, and walked off.” Tiffany finished.

“ There's no doubt, you’re in greater danger than you think you are Jessica.” Yoona confirmed. Tiffany glanced up at the blonde who had yet to speak. Jessica stares silently at her with a blank expression.

"What happened to me after that...?" Jessica asked.

"I don't know. I never saw you after that." Jessica eyes widen.

"Why?" Jessica asked.

"I just said I don't know!" Tiffany snapped. Jessica flinched, making Tiffany pause and sigh.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell...I'm just worried that they'll try to take you again, this was too close of a call, Jessi. If anything I'm, be willing to send you to this HQ place just to keep you safe." Tiffany said.

"Tiffany..." Taeyeon tried to comfort the girl, but couldn't think of anything to say. Tiffany had gone through a lot to be with Jessica, from running off to find her, to risking her life to protect her. Taeyeon couldn't blame her, she would have done the same for a certain someone.

"You're not sending me anywhere, Tiffany." Jessica said. Taeyeon balled her fist up. The nerve of this girl, being stubborn is going to get both of them killed! Taeyeon opened to speak only to be stopped by Yoona.

"Jessica this isn't something to play with, you need to be somewhere safe--"

"You promised me did you not?" Tiffany's eyes widen.

"You promised me that you'll always be there for me. Sending me away by myself would break that." Jessica said.

"So, unless you're coming with me then I'm not going anywhere." Jessica stated. Tiffany stared for a moment before a cracking a wide smile.

"Y-Yah! What's with that look?" Jessica asked taking a step back. Taeyeon let out a sigh of relief as she watched Tiffany stand up and hug the blonde. Jessica squrimed trying to get away, but Tiffany wouldn't let go.

"You know, they're pretty cute together." Yoona hummed happily.

"Who? Jessica and Tiffany?" Taeyeon gave her a strange look.

"Who else? They're exact opposites, but they work well with each other." Yoona said. Taeyeon glanced back at the two. Tiffany smiled happily as Jessica had her arms folded and a small scrowl on her face. It was easy to tell however, how the blonde hid her own smile.

"Anyway! I just have to make a few calls and then we can all get a ride to HQ! Be sure to pack light, the trip won't take as long as you think!" Yoona's voice snapped Taeyeon back to reality as the taller girl left the room.

"Now, I want you two to understand what this means. Jessica you're going to have to learn how to use your power, and it won't be easy. Tiffany, if you're taking along then you're gonna have to train as well." Taeyeon said. Jessica nodded.

"Come wake me when its time to leave." And with that the blonde turns on her heel and walks to her room. Taeyeon and Tiffany stared at each other.

"I don't know what you see in her." Taeyeon admitted. Tiffany tilt her head in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Tiffany asked. Taeyeon shook her head.

"Never mind."


BOOM AND BOOM! NEW CHAPTER! So once again, school work has been holding me back from updating reguarly, and with my Semster Exams (Wish me luck, one of my tests is suppose to have 200 questions on it) coming up its gonna be all the more difficult.

However!

That does not mean I won't still try to update because I love writing this for you guys! You're all looking forward to seeing Sunny, I know it, she'll come around soon, but be patient with me. 

Anyway! We have moved up to 4692 views, 159 subscribers, and 15 upvotes! Awesome! Thank you to those who have recently upvoted the story:

Sunshinerex

ducksquack

I hope you're all enjoying the story so far! Until next time, My Ghouls and Ghosts!

GHOSTKEEPER