Pretending isn't like a promise

Myth

After another round of question and answer, Jessica had enough for today. Apparently everything started when one human fell in love with one beast and it wasn’t allowed, and etc. To be honest, the blonde had stopped paying attention mid-way through as she racked her brain for memories of Tiffany. She swore on her life that she never even knew a Tiffany, but the images that would blind her every 10…12 minutes made her think other.

            Thinking she needed a break, Tiffany had told her that she and Taeyeon would come back first thing in the morning to finish explaining. For the time being, if anything would come up Jessica was to call one of them immediately. Once the two girls disappeared down the hallway, Jessica let out a sigh of relief. Maybe she could finally get some well-deserved sleep. Not even bothering to change, Jessica lands face first in her bed giving up on trying to make sense of it all.

 Rolling over a few times, Jessica groaned with irritation.

“The one time I WANT to sleep is the one time I can’t.” Jessica mumbled into her pillow. She stares up at the ceiling for a moment before sitting up.

“Maybe I should walk around till I feel tired.” Her eyes landed on the door that leads to the outside world.

“But then again…Taeyeon warned me not to go anywhere without them…” She thought.

Yet, something told her to leave, something wanted her to face whatever could be out there, wanting her dead. Preferable, Jessica didn’t want to die, but knowing resistance may be more trouble then its worth, the blonde stands up and heads straight for the door. Gripping the doorknob for a moment, she twisted it and opened the door quickly. Her eyes widen at the sight of unmanned forest. The trees were as tall as the eyes can see, white snow flakes decorated there leaves somehow leaving the bare earth under them un touched. 

“What the heck!?” Jessica turned around quickly and found that her room had disappeared into nothing, replaced by forest trees and bushes.

“It has to be another hallucinations, come Jessica wake up!” The blonde said as she blinked a few times. Jessica jumps at the sound of a twig snapping behind her. She twists around quickly and was surprised to see a much smaller figure hiding in the brush.

“W-Whose out there?” Jessica cursed herself for stuttering. The figure slowly made its way towards her, giving the appearance of a small girl no more then 7 or 8 years old. The girl’s dark hair was already past her shoulders and she had a curious glint in her eyes. Her...blue eyes.

“Hello lady, what are you doing here?” The child asked with a squeaky voice.

“I would want to ask you the same thing.” Jessica said.

“Mommy said that the forest was were my grandparents met each other. I came to see if I could meet my future lover too!” The girl smiles brightly at the thought. Jessica stared at the girl in upmost confusion.

“Um…that’s a pretty big dream you know. You can’t go wandering around without an adult with you, you’ll probably get hurt.” Jessica said. The young girl smile didn’t falter as she latched a tiny hand on Jessica’s pants leg.

“Then you can come with me!” The girl said.

“Hold on w-wait a second!” Jessica was amazed at the small girl’s strength as she pulled her along.

“I don’t even know your name!” Jessica blurted out. The small one stops and looks up at her.

“My name is Sooyeon!” Jessica eyes widen in alarm.

“Soo…yeon?” She asked.

“Yeah! Pretty right? That’s what daddy said, ‘ A pretty name for a pretty girl!’” Sooyeon giggled.

“That’s the name mom gave me…the name everyone used to call me. No…No I must be over thinking things. There’s no way right?” Jessica thought.

“What about your name? Is it pretty like you?” Sooyeon asked curiously.

“Just…call me Sica, okay?” Jessica said.

“Okay! Now lets go Sica!”  Sooyeon said continuing to drag the older girl along. As the moved deeper into the forest, the thicker the snow on the trees became. The ground still lay untouched from the white frost.

“What on earth is with this place?” Jessica thought. Sooyeon froze dead in her tracks soon after.

“Sooyeon? What’s wrong?” Jessica asked. The small girl trembled for a moment before backing up behind Jessica. Following the girls gaze she saw a tall, almost transparent creature lurking amongst the trees. Her natural instinct caused her to pick up the same girl and run the opposite direction.

“Put me down!” Sooyeon said trying to wiggle free.

“Not until were far away as possible form whatever that thing was!” Jessica gasped for air as she ran.  Sooyeon squealed and moved the entire distance, Jessica kept looking back to see if the creature had followed them. When she saw nothing behind her, she slowed down a little bit before coming to a complete stop.

“God, that was impossible.” Jessica panted. Sooyeon stared at the blonde in confusion once she was put down.

“Why did you run, Sica?” Sooyeon asked.

“Cause I didn’t want whatever that thing was to catch us.” Jessica said. Sooyeon pouted and folded her arms.

“I could have taken it! Nothing’s a match for me!” Sooyeon claimed.

“I don’t know if you checked, but you’re a little small to take anything head-on. What could you have possibly done?” Jessica asked. Suddenly a wide grin spreads across the young girls face.

“I could have frozen it! Just like I did to the trees.” Sooyeon said.

“Wait…you did that?” Jessica’s gaze went back up to the trees. The branches looked like they would snap under the weight of the ice.

“Well…Mommy and Daddy said I couldn’t freeze stuff at home, they said it wasn’t normal…So I have to pretend that I can't do it. But I don't like having to hide it. ” Sooyeon said. Jessica looked back at the smaller one and back away when she noticed how her blue eyes glowed. Anger seemed to flare behind them,

“If it means that I have to stay hidden…then I don’t want to be normal!” Sooyeon shouted. The wind began to roar as a shudder went through the blonde. The sudden cold was unbearable, as ice seemed to sprout around Sooyeon’s feet. 

"Sooyeon!" Jessica shouted over the wind. The young girl didn't seem to hear her.

"I don't want to hide who I am anymore!" Sooyeon screeched. Jessica forces herself to push towards the girl who seem to get farther and farther away. She wanted to help the girl. She wanted to protect that girl. That small innocent girl too kind for this world. Jessica was so close yet so far.

"Soo--!" Jessica is thrown backwards by another gust of wind. Her feet skidded across ground for god-knows how long before stopping. Jessica lands on her side as the wind howled, she gasped from the unbelievable pain she felt. Not just for herself. The pain was never just her own, was it?

"Hey are you okay?" An unfamiliar voice hit her ears. From where she was lying at this point, Jessica could see another small figure approach Sooyeon. The figure seemed unfazed by the girls fury.

"Everyone won't stop it. They won't stop making me play pretend." Sooyeon wailed. Jessica could see tears flicking in the breeze. 

"You don't have to play pretend with me." The figure said. Sooyeon turned and faced them, with an expression hard to read. Jessica squinted and saw that it was another girl, roughly around the same age as Sooyeon. Her hair was much shorter, stopping just above her shoulders and her smile was all too familiar.

"Can I always be there for you Jessi?" 

And with that Jessica falls and collides with the floor, with an audbile thud. The blonde groans as she sat up. She blinks a few times before registering the fact she was in her room, the blankets and pillows from her bed were thrown about around her. She was alone.

"What the...no...it couldn't have been. It felt too real." Jessica thought. After a moment or two of questioning herself she growled in frustation.

"Dang it! Why can't I just be normal!" Jessica shouted.

"Cause your not normal." A small voice answered back. Jessica paused for a moment.

"I'm...not..." Jessica looked to her phone that was on the table next to the bed. Staring at it for a moment, she picked it up and dialed a number.

"Pick up, Pick up, Pick up." Jessica mumbled.

"Hello? Jessica? Is everything okay?" Tiffany's voice met her ears. It was impossible not to compare it to the one in her dream. She answer didn't for a while, just paused in thought.

"Do I need to come over? Is someone after you again?" Tiffany asked. Jessica could feel the panic in her voice. 

"Can you promise me something?" Jessica asked cutting the girl off just like before.

"Anything." Tiffany replied. For some reason, she smiled. A pure, innocent smile.

"Can you always be there?"

____________________________________

AND THATS THE UPDATE :3

Hehe, I hope you guys liked it. I hoped it revealed a few things and started more theories and questions. Now next update, I plan to bring SunYeon into play since you know Taeyeon just popped up all out of the blue and we know nothing her at this point. 

Also I want to say one thing THANK YOU!!

104 subscribers? Holy chessus, that is a lot of readers to impress. And the views aren't nothing to sneeze at either, I mean 1991 is pretty cool especially when this is one of my first on going stories. Thank you for everyone who waited and commented, your comments are the reason I keep writting this. Seriously, you guys have no idea how seeing comments perk up an author's day. (I'm looking at you JeTiHyun, Lcoaster17, babyice, yojemchingu, kawakitanawo and everyone else)

Thank you for the two upvotes from:

araria

KalakiMae

Keep on reading! Peace out my Ghouls and Ghosts

GHOSTKEEPER