The Start of A War

Myth

            Jessica and Tiffany both decided to go out today, as friends. Well...at least as acquaintances by Jessica's knowledge. Sure she believed that she knew Tiffany, she wasn't sure how well. Jessica was never one to have friends; it was just out of her comfort zone. So sitting in a café with eye-smiling girl was definitely not what she planned to do.

“You okay Jessi?” Tiffany asked slightly concerned about the blonde’s silence. Jessica blinks and smiles awkwardly.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just thinking.” She replied.

“About what? You know if you have anymore questions I’ll be glad to answer them.” Tiffany said.

“Well…about this entire half-mystical being thing. Have there been actual living people?” Jessica asked. Tiffany tilted her head in confusion.

“What like living proof? All myth no human?” The girl asked. Jessica’s mind wanders back to her dream and the tall creature that attacked her.

“Yeah. Something like that.” Jessica replied. Tiffany paused for a moment before shaking her head.

“Its very uncommon to find them, most of them are either dead or hiding. Unless….” Tiffany’s voice softened midway through. Her eyes flashed a mix of nervousness and fear.

“Unless what?” Jessica asked. Tiffany cleared .

“Unless they had a pretty good reason to come. I mean, there have been fights between different types, all over territory or petty things, but nothing too big that made them suddenly appear.” Tiffany replied.

“I mean it has to be really good reason. They don’t go wandering around without thinking about it first.” Tiffany added.

As soon as the waiter walks over Jessica is lost in thought. Her dream made no sense to her other then proving the fact that she and Tiffany knew each other from long ago. Perhaps she was thinking too hard about this and needed to go with the flow. Tiffany spoke a little bit more about being a Half-Breed, how one must come into terms with their new found abilities, and about the dangers of walking around amongst others. As one you can draw unwanted attention towards yourself with a wave of a finger.

“Jessica? Are you okay?” Tiffany’s voice snapped the blonde out of her thoughts.

“Yeah I’m fi…” Jessica’s eyes trailed up to the opening door, pausing mid sentence. Her heart dropped down into her stomach. Dark brown hair, white t-shirt, purple-checkered jacket; it was her. The girl from so many days ago, the girl from her illusions, was standing right in the doorway. And was walking towards her fast with a snarl on her face.

“Jessic—“

“We have to go.” Jessica stood up suddenly.

“What? Why?” Tiffany asked. She could feel the air shifting around her again, the lack of oxygen in her lungs. The blonde didn’t speak as she grabbed Tiffany by the arm and dragged her to the back.

“Hey you can’t go back there!” One of the employees shouted. Jessica didn’t care; she just had to run away.  Forcing her way past staff, she and Tiffany went out the back exit, even as Tiffany shouted. It wasn’t until they were half way down the street that Tiffany reacted more rashly.

“Stop!” Tiffany yanked her arm back from the blonde’s iron grip. Jessica’s gaze darted around, looking to see if they were followed. Her breathing was still shallow.

“Jessica what’s going on with you? Why are you suddenly acting like this?” Tiffany asked.

“We have to keep moving or she’ll catch us.” Jessica spoke quickly.

“What? You’re making no sense!” Tiffany said.

“It would be better if you came quietly.” Jessica whipped her head around and saw the girl standing there.

“You're not real.” Jessica said.

“I’m pretty sure I am.” The girl replied. Jessica suddenly felt Tiffany’s hand gripping her arm. Jessica turned and saw the fear that stretched across Tiffany’s face.

“Look whatever you want, don’t take it out on her she has nothing to do with this.” Jessica said as she stood in front of Tiffany.

“She is just as guilty as you are. An impure-spoiled human brat.” The girl spat.

“We’re all the same right? You’re a half-breed, I’m a half-breed can we just get along?” Jessica asked. Of course, Jessica herself could not believe she could get along with a girl like this. There was something off about her, something deadly.

“Haven’t you heard? You’re in the middle of a battlefield.” A sly smirk appeared on the girls face as she raised her hand.

“Move!” Tiffany suddenly shoved Jessica to the side. A streak of black shoots out causing Tiffany to yelp in alarm as it missed her by an inch. She then seized Jessica by the arm and ran as fast as her legs could carry her, yanking Jessica to the side whenever another streak of black was fired at them. Panting, they hide in a small alley way.

"From sitting in a cafe to being chased by a random girl that shoots fire. What a day right?" Tiffany said with a strained smile.

"Yeah, yeah...good god I'm tired." Jessica breathed heavily.

"It's okay, we're going to be fine." Tiffany said peering around the corner. Shuffling through her pocket, she pulled out her phone and dialed Taeyeon's number.

"Here, when Taeyeon answers tell her where you are and whats going on." Tiffany said handing her the phone before stepping out into the open. Tiffany gives Jessica a reassuring smile before running in the direction of there attacker. The blonde knew she had to go after her, but her legs were numb.

"Get back here you idiot!" Jessica shouted. Tiffany didn't even bother to look back.

"Why does everyone suddenly want to kill us?!" She mumbled.

"You don't belong here." A dark voice behind her made her jump. Clutching the phone against her chest, Jessica turned around and her eyes widen. 

"Hello? Tiffany? Hello?" Taeyeon's voice became distant as a tall shadowy figure loomed over her. Without even a second thought, Jessica screamed and was out like a light.

____________________________________

AND FINALLY THE UPDATE IS HERE! THANK GOD!

I had to rewrite the ending cause I wanted it to be a cliff hanger :D

Taeyeon is no where in sight, Tiffany ran off to fight, and now Jessica is cornered by a "shadowy beast". What could possiblely be happening to our girls now? Mwahahaha, guess you'll have to wait and see!

Also I want to say one thing THANK YOU!! We have moved up to 3005 views, 128 subs, and 10 upvotes! Thank you to the people who have upvoted the story:

reagGe

PlayerHwang

smirk7

jessjung_dew

JeTiHyun

(If you upvoted the story recently and your name is not here tell me in the comments so I can add you to the list!)

Anyway, Keep reading and commenting and I"ll keep writing!

Peace out my Ghouls and Ghosts!

GHOSTKEEPER