Coffee vs. Cake: Aom's POV

INVADER (Funny love story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

COFFEE vs. CAKE: Aom's POV

 

My stiffened muscles began to relax, my rapid heart started to go back to its normal beating as my shivered bones began to feel the normal temperature once I slumped myself on my chair.  

 

I’m seizing this quiet moment, despite the fact that it won't last that long. But at least I had the chance of stabilizing my breathing from my almost heart failure inside the elevator. 

 

I wasn't fascinated how fate wasn't favorable to me recently. Neither impressed at myself of how flustered I was whenever Tina's near me. Being trapped by her in a jostled elevator was never in my wish list. 

 

It's hard to admit but her gawking totally melted my stoutheartedness. And I hated myself for being a stupid nervous freak. Now taking a mental note that maybe, just maybe, a voluminous intake of caffeine next time would perhaps boost more guts in me.  

 

Why was this even happening to me? Was I being intimidated by her irresistible handsome face? It sure would be a lot easier to deal with her if she's not so good looking, or she has a horrible breath, or with an extreme body odor that would knock any living creature down—any unattractive thing about her, that would help me not to get distracted. Yet, finding one flaw from her wasn't even easy either.  On a straight girl's perspective, everything about Tina seemed beautiful naturally. Really. So not fair.  I shook my head in despair.

 

Few minutes had passed, still enjoying the silence inside this grand executive office of my boss. Alone. No provocative cranky-like-granny Tina. No nosy annoying Fern. Just me. I did hope it would stay that way, but I doubted it. Anytime soon they'd show their faces up, and again… my focus would get interrupted—for the umpteenth time.

 

I didn't have any choice, since they were the people I'd be closely working with—unfortunately. So that meant, I would have to deal with those two doofus with highly concentrated patience, which I had no idea where to dig one. And hoping this limited patience of mine won't drain too soon, coz I had a huge hint it was going to happen anytime now if they won't leave me alone. 

 

But for them leaving me alone, I guaranteed that was far from happening as long as I exist in this company. Not that I was the only employee here that they could bombard with nonsense questions and unnecessary stares. As a matter of fact, so many Tina fanatic swooning girls in this tall building were a better prospect than me. 

 

I cringed at the thought of the elevator scene that rewound in my mind. I just couldn't get it out of my head. Shivering some heat inside my body, again. I'd probably reconsider taking the stairs next time, than endangering myself of being cornered by Tina's charm... and scent... and... wait, what the hell was I even talking about?? Have I started talking nice things about my Nny-Nny, I meant my boss? I scoffed at myself after realizing how stupid I was. I thought I was losing my mind.

 

Going back, where was I? Oh yeah. The stairs. 42nd floor stair climbing wouldn't be that bad as my morning exercise, would it? I'd just take it as an everyday company fire drill activity which would only have one participant and that would be voluntarily—me. Darn. The only problem would be, I might doze myself at work for all the exhaustion I'd get in that activity. Nny-Nny won't be pleased seeing someone sleeping like a lost bum inside her office. Okay. Wrong plan. Forget that. I didn't want to get fired as an accused insensitive bum inside her office. 

 

I felt like a headache was about to hit me as I've been putting too much pressure in my brain now, figuring out the brilliant ways to avoid being trapped by her in the elevator next time. I gained enough enemies, I guess, from her mad fangirls since I joined this company. Adding more enemies in each time Tina would publicly pin me against any random wall was never my desire. And neither was my death wish of being murdered by one of her jealous admirers. Who knows someone might be thinking about it already.

 

As my mind wandered, suddenly, an idea popped in my head like a bulb that lit brightly in a vast darkness of my troubled mind. What if, just what if, I'd leave the elevator immediately once I see her squeezing inside? And I would slither myself out right before the door closes. I won't mind taking the next one. Forget the crap of being late. That should be fine, shouldn't it? 

 

After a few seconds pondering about it, I realized it might have caused intrigues around the office why an executive assistant immediately avoiding an executive boss when we’re freaking working together on the same freaking room. Pointless. The more they'd potentially think I was hiding something if I'd run away like a nut head freak every time I see her.   

 

The hell! Why was I even thinking about this as the most complicated problem when I've had other things to worry? I sighed deeply. 

 

Oh goodness... only if I didn't need this job, it would have been easier to leave this place. And I'd probably see myself rejoicing as I run around the busy streets of Bangkok like a crazy girl freed from a prison cell full of lunatics inside. 

 

But sadly, I needed this job. And I’ve got to keep working hard for my parents' sake. They're the most important to me. Ma & Pa did their part as my parents when I was still in school, even up until now, with all the love and support, all the care and encouragement. They were always there when I needed them, for good and bad times. And it's my turn to take care of them. I couldn't afford to fail them. Not that they’re obligating me to take care of them, but it had always been my wish to do so. They're not getting any younger. And gaining stress & worries in their lives were the least in my mind. I wish things would be easier for all of us.

 

So yeah, for my parents' sake. I should have to think about them first before anything else. That meant, I'd have to set aside my own peace and freedom. Freedom from working with the annoying people whom, apparently, I'd be seeing every forsaken day. Not to mention the off hours that my grueling boss demanded on my first day.  I was just desperate that time and left no choice but to agree with her stupid rules.  Rules that weren't even in the contract. Such a wily boss! 

 

As I was waiting for my computer to fully boot up, I jolted out of my seat after hearing a loud voice that broke the serenity of the room. I held my chest just in case my heart jumps out of my lungs. I didn't know why I turned jittery nowadays. Sooner or later I'd probably follow my grandmother in her grave by dying from a nervous system breakdown. And it was all because of my boss—Tina. 

 

“H-Here… have some break—fast, maybe you’re—hungry." Nny-Nny urged, panting in between her talk as though she just came from a marathon or something. 

 

She came closer towards me. My eyes were locked on her for quick seconds while my hands were still holding my chest. She put the coffee she was carefully holding on my table, matching with a little brown sleeve bag. There was some buttery texture that was absorbed by the brown bag, looked like a pastry was warmly secured inside. 

 

I creased my forehead as my brows met in between, flummoxed by my boss' unexpected gesture.  Did she go out of the building just to get these—for me?  

 

I stared at the coffee and pastry on my table. Something caught my attention, the coffee sleeve, with something written on it —Princess and a tiny heart in red ink drawn next to it. I didn’t know why, but I found it cute. I pressed my lips together, preventing myself from smiling. I was pretty sure my heart jiggled inside.  Why did it even do that?

 

However, something doubtful sprung in my mind which made my eyebrows crinkle together again. But that was so quick? Did she ask somebody to buy these?  I asked myself. Fern? I had no idea why the thought of her name made me scoff internally. No way that Fern would do it especially if it's for me.  Hmmm... but on the second thought, Fern might probably considered it. That's the easiest way to ditch me away from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter