Misfortune

INVADER (Funny love story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello !

Thank you for subscribing! I hope you'll like this story. 

Enjoy reading!

---

MISFORTUNE

 

Today is my first day at work. I'm excited and also nervous, but I can do this. Well, I have to, this job is very important to me. I have to make sure things are working right. And I hope, really do hope (*with fingers crossed*) no jinx will ruin my day. Aom was talking to herself while getting ready for work.

 

She woke up early that day since she didn't want to be late. She didn't want to put a bad impression about her punctuality. She would be reporting to the CEO and that's big time. If she'd be late, she'd screw up big time as well.

 

First thing she wanted to avoid was screwing up. Who in the right mind would desire to screw up on the first day of work anyway? Unless if she discovered right away that her boss is one hell of a psycho, then she'd be one of those who wouldn't care to lose the job on the spot. She would probably do all the craziness her mind could think of just to leave that creepy place, if that would be the case. But No. Not Aom, she’s not gonna do that. She's a fighter. When it comes to her job, nothing could bring her down. Nothing and no one. She's someone with a personality full of positive attitude, well… until this day came. Unexpectedly.

 

Before she left her apartment, she put a little scent of perfume. Of course, she wanted to feel good and smell good... just a little and not too much to avoid intoxicating the nostril of the person she'd be meeting.

 

She's highly organized and neat so she wanted to plan everything in the right place. The CEO might be sensitive to perfume and she didn't want to screw that either. Only a little scent shouldn't hurt her, perhaps, just a little. It was her ritual to wear either fruity or floral scent, depending on her mood. It's part of her drill to look and feel good when leaving her cozy humble apartment.

 

She heaved a deep sigh to muster up all courage and determination she could before she finally left her home.

 

 Today is going to be an awesome day! Fighting! 

 

 

This day wasn’t an ordinary day, aside from the fact that it was her first day of work. Other than that, it was supposed to be ordinary, but it wasn’t. She had no idea that her tolerance and patience would be put into a test up to a certain extend. And for how long? Who would have known.

 

---

 

At the coffee shop close by the building where Aom would be reporting for work, a person so dashingly handsome and nicely wearing a suit matching with a semi-dark tinted Ray-Ban sunglasses, was about to leave the coffee place, with one hand busily scrolling at the mobile phone, and holding a cup of coffee on the other hand.  The person wasn't totally paying attention to the direction towards the main entrance of the coffee shop.

 

And something stupefying happened. The person accidentally bumped into Aom as she was entering the shop to grab her favorite latte to calm her nervous self.

The nicely smelled brewed coffee spilled at Aom’s brand new peach business suit that she just got for her first day at work. She hadn't even settled her credit card for purchasing that suit yet as she had planned to pay it on her first pay check. And now that incident happened. The much anticipated pay check unbelievably vanished . Her objective to relax went down the drain b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter