Unreasonable silence

INVADER (Funny love story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
UNREASONABLE SILENCE

 

Aom was lost in the midst of silence inside a moving vehicle where she couldn't even get out. If only she had a choice not to be in her boss’ car, if only she could jump off the window and walk back to the office just to escape the awkwardness, but that would be a long walk for her. Jumping off wasn't a good idea in the first place. She's neither a stunt girl nor has the skills to do acrobatic moves. Aside from that, she hates risks and trouble. Forget it. She thought.

 

“What on earth am I doing here with her? I should have never submitted earlier to this temperamental Tina just to drag me, feed me and now what?? leave me hanging in the air. I didn't even ask for this!” Aom complained in her mind.

 

The silent treatment due to Tina's dead reactions was just killing her while Tina was driving quietly back to their office as if she didn't have any passenger. They've known each other for one day... that freaking-messed-up but heart-thrilling day... but it seemed that day was long enough to know the character of her troublemaker happened to be the boss, thanks to fate. And she wasn't used to deal with the other side of Tina... the frustrating extremely quiet side of her.

 

"What a moody menopausal old lady you are Tina! If you're trying to annoy me... then you are certainly on the right track!" Aom wanted to yell this at her, but she kept it to herself since it wasn't a good idea bickering with someone who's driving. Not safe.

 
Aom started to internally review back all their conversation earlier that probably changed her boss' mood. She couldn't remember anything that she said something that was below the belt or too offensive to Tina when they were in the restaurant. Although, she admitted she could be a little harsh sometimes, yup! just a little, whenever Tina's teasing her but all her responses were more of an entertainment for Tina. In fact, Tina’s delicious smirks and chortle proved her enjoyment.

 

But now her boss was having an attitude problem... this handsome pretty face has an attitude problem? She thought. What the heck just happened? What's into Tina's oddity now? She's unreasonably silent. Frustration started to boil into Aom.

 

She glanced at Tina hoping she would glance back, but nah… both eyes were very attentive on the road. Nothing else mattered that time but the road. Well, that was reasonable enough when driving, wasn’t it? But what Aom couldn’t understand was, she felt abandoned by Tina by not talking at all, not even a single word neither a glimpse. And those pretty smiles... where have they gone? Aom was sighing hard and deep.

 

Tina could sense the heavy sigh, she couldn't deny that Aom was getting frustrated with her. But what could she do? It wasn't like she wanted to be rude to Aom or act as a jerk to her which was actually happening, thanks to young master who was thinking too much. She couldn’t just admit to Aom what was really bothering inside her. She herself wasn’t even sure if a pang of jealousy pierced her or it was the feeling of hopeless romantic penetrated into her heart after learning earlier that Aom would never be interested in her. Her and Aom… together… would never happen. Hopeless. Yeah, too early to conclude but that's what she was feeling at that moment, that's what she even heard straight from Aom's lips. Ouch.


"Was it the call?? Probably huh. Only if I have known that she didn't want me to answer it, I could have ignored Tart's call. But it was my lunch break for Pete's sake. Am I not allowed to talk to anybody I want during my break time? Oh... Do I even have a break time?? Darn you Tina, you're giving me a headache now. Why I am so worried of your silence? Why am I so bothered? Wait... Why do I even care? Stupid stupid me!" Aom was yelling herself.

 

They reached the parking lot. Tina got off the car and so did Aom. Tina was walking fast and left Aom behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter