Gave Up

INVADER (Funny love story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
GAVE UP

 

"Y-you h-heard what?" Aom stuttered.

 

"Every single thing." Fern fixed her eyes at her goosey co-worker. 

 

"Oh." Aom's eyes widened even more. Something made her flinched inside. It flashed back in her mind what Tina had instructed before, to act as professional as possible when someone other than them was around. 

 

And unfortunately, too soon that a little while ago had failed her agreement with her boss. Or perhaps several times before did she fail, who knew, but this one was the worst, so far… because it already involved a threat… such as a kiss. 

 

Tsk. Tsk. Very unprofessional as it may’ve sounded. Heck you don’t threaten people at work with a certain… Kiss. It could be grounds for harassment, couldn’t it? But to whom was she going to complain when the culprit herself was the hella stunning CEO of this huge known company, someone who had a high influence in this business. Someone with an inborn charm would make the whole company doubt, especially the drooling girls at work, that Tina could do such a shameful thing. These fan girls had been dreaming to be victimized by Tina, considering there were also young and good looking men in that building. Nonetheless, Tina’s dashing debonair charm still stood out from all of them. The girls had done all crazy flirty strategies just to catch Tina’s attention. But no one succeeded. Not even a single one. Not even the pretty executive assistant Fern.    

 

Although Aom had to admit that Tina wasn’t harassing her physically, they were all merely harmless joking and petty bickering, not to mention the heart pounding teasing. And the teasing part was the thing that Aom hated the most, because Tina's heart thrills toward her lingered on her mind like a disturbed mental patient. And perhaps another reason was the main goal of annoying her, which was effective. Brilliantly effective. Bravo Tina, Bravo! 

 

However, Aom knew from the start that Tina was a hardcore teaser, before she even knew that she was going to be her pain-in-the- boss. Regardless, Tina was still considered a harmless creature, despite of her being somewhat annoying, sometimes. Uh...scratch that. Most of the time.  Wasn’t it torturing enough to concentrate at her work.  Dammit! Jerk teaser Nny-Nny is putting me into troubles.   

 

If her semi-psychotic boss didn't creepily gaze her eyes on her, she could have avoided that most awkward scene, most especially hearing the scariest threat for the first time. And another scary part for her, was hearing that threat from a freaking same gender of all human being. Ohgawd, help her.

 

If any female who would tell her that, goose bumps may had already swarmed disgustingly under her skin. The person might have earned a hard slap from Aom by then. But how come Tina managed to induce a strange ineluctable effect inside her, it’s absurdly weird as never before she felt that way, and yet, as strange as it may've sound, she sort of liked it. Damn. She hated the feeling of liking it. She may have had denied it, but deep inside her, Tina was capable of sending shivers into her spine and weird flutters in her tummy.

 

Kiss you. Dammit! Dammit! It was flashing back in Aom's mind again like how a last song syndrome unceasingly buzzed into someone's brain. Tina's voice kept chanting in her distracted thoughts. 

 

Aom shook off, to the best of her ability, all these disturbing, both playful and somewhat annoying, thoughts before she might have ended up declaring herself as a complete lunatic, then started walking towards the ladies restroom. Mentally noting to stop by the pantry to hydrate herself with lots and lots of water, due to the heat that rushed through her system. 

 

Fern casually tailgated her steps. Aom side glanced at her co-executive assistant, wondering where she was heading to, and why was she following her closely.

 

"Uhm... Ms. Fern, anything I can help you with?" Aom asked warily as the core of her eyes instinctively moving from side to side, which was a sign of her nervousness or uneasiness.  

 

Fern did not reply, but instead yanked her wrist to talk somewhere else with privacy. Aom was baffled at where she was dragged into. Totally clueless about Fern's abrupt action. What the heck did I do this time? Damn, what's into these weird people today? Aom muttered in her cluttered mind.  

 

“I swear these past few days were the first time of seeing young master acting extremely weird. I tried to ask you this before, and I am going to ask you once more, answer me this time, Aom.” Fern looked at Aom in a stern eye-to-eye contact, with a demanding tone.

 

Aom stared back as she waited for the question. She bit her lower lip and hoped it had nothing to do with Tina. Her brain had too much of Ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter