THREE

Our Love Story

 THREE

         

 

Taehyun was smiling all day and it’s getting creepy. He suddenly got nicer. He smiles at random students which is really odd because Nam Taehyun never smile to anyone unless you’re Jinwoo. He feels likes he’s in the cloud nine every time he enters their first class and saw the boy who makes his heart beats so fast. He is contented with this, only looking at the guy, smiling at him every time their eyes meet. He doesn’t know what this feeling is. He never had a crush before so he doesn’t know what to call his feeling for the other guy. He wants to ask his Jinwoo hyung but he knows better. He knows the second he told the latter he will tell it to his boyfriend and the boyfriend will tell it to the whole school because telling your secrets to Hanbin and his friends is like walking in the middle of the street. He knows that their so called friends will until he embarrassed his self in front of Seungyoon and that’s the last he wants.

 

          He always steals glances to the guy every first period. He doesn’t want his hyung to notice him liking a guy. He doesn’t share classes with Seungyoon so he makes sure he looks enough to the other guy so the image will last all day long inside his head. He wants to be closer but it seems that it will be impossible. Despite seeing him every afternoon at the usual club meeting about that he’s not interested, they doesn’t even talk for at least a minute. It seems that Coach Youngbae knows what running on his mind because he keeps on ordering him around, asking for things that’s not even his business. So he was really surprise that Friday during their lunch break to see Seungyoon and his best friend Mino at the rooftop where they always eat lunch, laughing at something his Jinwoo hyung says. He meets his hyung eyes and throws a questioning look at him.

 

          “Taehyun-ah” Jinwoo calls him and patted the space next to him. Taehyun slowly walks towards the group and sit beside Jinwoo facing Seungyoon. Seungyoon smiles at him, those smiles that makes his eyes disappear.

 

          “Hi!” Seungyoon greets him. He returns with a simple smile and get his lunch to Jinwoo. He wants to ask why they are here but it might sounds like he doesn’t want them there which are totally the opposite. He eats in silent only listening to them talking something about dance.

 

          “You share the same dance class?” he asks his hyung who hums his answer while chewing his food.

 

          “Yeah and unfortunately Mino here is my partner. I feel sorry for him.” Jinwoo laughs and hit Mino. Taehyun notice the way Mino stiffen at the sudden contact but he just ignores it.

 

          “I do feel sorry for you. It takes him time to memorize dance step.” Seunghoon says beside Jinwoo and feeds his boyfriend.

          “I will be testing my patience then.” Mino looks at Jinwoo. Taehyun notice the way the former looks at his hyung. The looks he always saw to Seunghoon every time he looks at Jinwoo.

 

          Taehyun just ignores it and put all his attention to his lunch and to the guy in front of him. Seungyoon got some pink plump lips and he thinks of how those lips would feel against his own. He thinks of what those big hands will feel around his body. He loves to run his hands to that white skin that makes him drool. He lifts his gaze into Seungyoon eyes and found the latter looking at him. They look at each other and it could be a romantic time but the ketchup in Seungyoon lips caught his eyes instead and he can’t help but leans forward and wipe the red thing in the other lips with his thumb. He his thumb after sitting back and look at Seungyoon eyes. He smiles at Seungyoon and he swears he saw Seungyoon smirks before he turn away.

 

They spend the rest of their lunch talking about random thing and stealing glances to each other. Listening to Seunghoon and Jinwoo bickers about something that the two of them only knows.

 

 

          Mino doesn’t believe in love at first sight that’s why he laughs at Seungyoon when he tells him that he fall in love with that boy named Nam Taehyun. How can you fall in love to someone you barely knew? You don’t even know if he’s a nice guy or if he’s a jerk pretending to be a good one. Seungyoon tells him that he really needs to fall in love so he can make fun of him. What he doesn’t know is than Mino actually fell in love with brown hair, deer eyes, white skin and pink lips.

          He doesn’t know how to fall in love so the first time he saw the boy he just dismissed the rapid beating of his heart. It’s the first day of their school when he saw the said boy. They are at the auditorium for something their teacher made them attend because they’re a new student. While the Principal is talking his gaze wanders across the room and stops at the boy standing at the left side of the stage. He stares at the boy for the whole thing, watching him laugh at something the boy with weird eyebrows tells him. The way his shoulder shakes when he try to control his laughter. He just watches the boy the entire time not caring what’s happening around him. He only tore his attention when he feel someone tugging his shirt and turns to his side. Seungyoon pouting and telling him that they should hurry up because they’re going to be late.

 

          What he didn’t expect is to see the same boy at his first class. The boy seems busy reading something at his friend notebook. He looks really serious yet cute. Frowned eyebrows and lips pouting while reading and writing down. His eyes travel at the guy behind the cute boy, his hand playing at the latter’s hair and it doesn’t really look like it’s just a friendly action. He pushes the thought back in his mind, remembering that the other guy was holding the other hand just a while ago.

 

          He learns the boy name that day and finds out that he is part of the Music Club and Swimming Club. He wants to watch Seungyoon perform but he knows that he will be fine so he just went to their school swimming pool. The pool is full of students who want to try out and those who just want to watch. He just stands there at the side waiting for the try out to start. It seems that you have to at least defeat one of their members so you can join the club. He looks around trying to catch that boy who manages to catch his attention throughout their first class. He finally saw the boy but quickly turns away; the boy was only wearing his swimming trunks and sitting at the opposite side of the pool. He looks so hot and Mino found his head turning back again to the sight. The boy suddenly stands up and walks in the starting line. Mino follows his every movement with his mouth slightly parted. Suddenly the whistle blows and the boy jump into the water gracefully. He disappears for a while and appears again, swimming his ways to the other end of the pool.

 

          It turns out that only one student is faster than him and it’s just a mere second faster. The boy got out of the pool and shakes his head and Mino jaws drop on the floor because of the sight. He looks around to make sure that no one is watching him mouth open as he watch the other dry his hair. Mino learns that the boy named Kim Jinwoo is one of their best swimmers. He didn’t swim after that but remains in his swimming trunks and a towel covering his top. Mino eyes him from top to toe and he smiles when he notice how small the boy compare to him. Jinwoo must feel that someone is staring at him because he suddenly turns his head in Mino way and Mino curse inside his head –he just got caught staring and he awkwardly looks away. He feels the intense stare of the other so he muster up his courage and slowly looks back. He met the other eyes and he melts when he saw the bright smile directed to him.

 

 

The next day he saw Jinwoo at the Library, reading a book. He wants to grab a book and sit beside him and maybe start a conversation to know more about him. He changes his mind because he’s not really up to books. He just stay there for 10 good minutes staring then the boy looks up and meet his eyes and smile at him again. He quickly turns around and walks his way out of the library with sweaty palms and a racing heart.

 

Wednesday, he went to the library again and saw the same boys at the same spot with the same book as yesterday. He walks his way at one of the bookshelves without tearing his eyes at the boy. He looks for a book for their English assignment and when he looks back the boy isn’t there and he feels a tap in his shoulder. He turns his head to his left and saw Jinwoo smiling at him.

 

“Hi, I’m Jinwoo and you’re Song Mino right?” Jinwoo offers his hand and Mino shyly shakes it. He’s trembling he don’t know why, maybe because they are so close.

 

“Yes” Mino retreat his hands and grabs the book he’s looking for.

“So you’re doing our English assignment?” Jinwoo point at the book in his hands and Mino nods. ”Great, we can do it together.” Jinwoo holds his wrist and drags him to his table.

 

When they settle down Jinwoo closes the books he’s reading and gets his notebook. He looks at Mino smiling and gets the book from Mino. They start reading the book and answering the entire question. After everything is done Jinwoo starts the conversation asking Mino a lot of random things. Mino just asks him the same question because his mind is not functioning well.

 

Mino learns that Jinwoo isn’t just good looking, he also got the brain and he feels like he fell deeper. He also learns that talking to Jinwoo is like talking to a kid who laughs at all his jokes even though it’s not that funny. He learns that Seungyoon crush is actually Jinwoo best friend and that they’ve been friends since they are young. Jinwoo is also the same age as him so he can talk to him informally. Jinwoo is such a happy person, the way he smile and brighten up your gloomy day.

That day Mino walks back into their room with a smile plaster in his face. He tells Seungyoon everything and he can tell that he is happy for him. They promised that they will help each other to make their crush fall in love with them.

 

          Thursday, Seungyoon convince Mino to join him to his club activity. Mino doesn’t want to go but when Seungyoon said that Jinwoo is there he immediately drags the former. They arrive there and Mino quickly scans the room for that cute boy. He saw him immediately standing beside Seungyoon crush. He holds Seungyoon hands and drags him beside Jinwoo. Before they even arrive there their coach suddenly calls Taehyun asking for something and the latter follows looking back at his hyung, pouting.

 

          “He’s actually pretty cute.” Mino looks at Seungyoon and winks at him.

 

 

          “Shut up.” Seungyoon says and walks away. He settles himself at the group of student who also play guitar.

 

          He is now left with Jinwoo and he doesn’t know what to say because his brain seriously stops working every time he is with this boy. Jinwoo sits and he follows, resting his head to his hand with his elbow on the desk.

 

          “Do you sing?” Jinwoo ask him after a minute of awkward silence.

 

          “No but I rap.” He smiles at Jinwoo who looks at him.

 

          “I want to hear it.” Jinwoo bounce at his seat, looking so excited.

 

          “I don’t want.” Mino playfully answers and he doesn’t regret it because the pout Jinwoo give him is so cute he wants to kiss it.

 

          “Fine. I won’t sing for you then.” Jinwoo stand and walks towards a group of student. Mino looks at him with a playful pout and Jinwoo glares at him but laugh immediately. Mino feels like he is falling deeper to those smiles, to those eyes, to those lips, to that laughter.

 

 

          Friday, Mino walks to his dance class. His eyes easily spotted Jinwoo who’s talking to that boy. The boy he’s always with. Sometimes Mino thinks their relationship is too close, they hug, hold hands but then he remembers that Jinwoo also does that to Taehyun. Maybe, just maybe they are just friends.

 

          “Mino!” Jinwoo calls him too loud that all their classmates look at him. He lowers his head and walks slowly towards Jinwoo.

 

          “Hey” He greets and gives a small nod at the guy next to Jinwoo.

          “Seunghoon this is Mino the guy I’m talking about.” Jinwoo looks at Seunghoon and the latter looks at Mino. Seunghoon offers his hands to Mino which Mino hesitantly shakes.

 

          “Hi Mino I’m Seunghoon, Jinwoo boyfriend.” Mino can feel the grip in his hand and he looks at Seunghoon eyes and he can see that the guy is not that fond of him. He just offers a small smile and takes his hand away. He looks at Jinwoo who’s smiling at them oblivious of the battle happening in front of him.

         

Mino walks over to Seungyoon and holds the latter’s hand. Seungyoon feel his friend hand shaking and when he looks at Mino he can see the pain in his eyes. He tightens his hold to the other hand and his thumbs draw circle patterns at the back of Mino palm.

 

          “Okay class you know how my class work.” Everyone was startled by the sudden loud voice of their dance instructor and they quickly fix themselves.

 

“Come take a number”. All the students line up and take a number. It looks like they are used to this but the two new student is dumbfounded. They look at each other tilting their head to the side. Jinwoo goes to the side of them and takes Mino number.

 

“We’re partners.” He says while flashing his number in front of Mino.

 

“Partners?” Mino asks eyebrows rising.

 

“In dance. That’s how he teaches his class. He will partner us up then we will make our own routine but we can always ask for his advice.” Jinwoo explains looking at their instructor.

 

Mino doesn’t know what to feel. He should be happy that he got partnered with Jinwoo but after learning that the latter has a boyfriend, he doesn’t feel know what to feel anymore. But being partners in dance means he can be with Jinwoo. He now has a reason to stay close to him. He wants Jinwoo but he knows he can’t but there’s a sparks of hope and maybe he got a chance.