FIFTEEN

Our Love Story

FIFTEEN

 

Jinwoo was running everywhere inside their apartment. He was five minutes late for his meeting and he can’t find his shoes. He doesn’t remember where he put it and he have to blame Jiho for that. If only he didn’t get drunk the other night he will be peacefully making his well-practice speech for his proposal tod

“Looking for this?” Jiho enter his room with his shoes he’s looking for hours in his hands.

 

Jinwoo just snatch his shoes and quickly wear it and in a matter of minutes he is holding the knob of their front door. He was about to open it when Jiho blocks the door.

 

“Why are you leaving? I told you my friend will move today.”

 

“I had a meeting Jiho, move.” He pushes Jiho that stumble slightly but grabs his waist. “I’ll welcome him later, okay?” He pushes him away again and walks towards his car.

 

Jiho opens his car door for him and close it carefully. He starts his car and ready to leave when Jiho knocks on his window.

 

“What?” He asked with his eyebrows furrowed while lowering the window. Jiho motion him to come closer and he did. He almost regrets it when he feels Jiho’s plump lips touching his thin one. Jiho was grinning when he slowly pull back while he was glaring at him. It’s not that it’s their first kiss. They actually kiss a lot of times and almost go to third base but thanks that they are both sane enough not to take their friendship into another level.

 

“You’re late.” Jiho reminds him and he almost hit the gas and let his car fly.

 


 

Jiho was about to enter their house when he hears a car horn. He turns around and saw Mino with a teasing grin plaster on his face. He walks towards the car.

 

“I see that.” Mino greeted him with his teasing voice and wiggling eyebrows.

 

“You see what?” He knows what he is talking about but kissing Jinwoo just becomes a habit to him and Jinwoo doesn’t say no so he thinks it is okay.

 

“You were kissing your roommate. That was sweet.” Mino said handing him a box. They walk inside with Mino trailing behind him.

 

“That’s pretty normal actually.” There is something in the way he mutters it that doesn’t escapes Mino’s ears.

 

“Normal?”

 

Jiho doesn’t say anything and Mino doesn’t push the topic. They just quietly move Mino’s thing from the car to his room. Jiho told him that his roommate that he calls ‘jin-hyung’ doesn’t like noise at night. That he needs to be quite if he wants to get closer to his hyung.

 

Once they are done Jiho made a snack and they both rest in the living room, comfortably sitting at the large sofa with a movie playing on the flat screen.

 

“Are you dating Jin-hyung?” Mino asked breaking the comfortable silence between them and Jiho eyes him.

 

“No.”

 

“Then why is it normal for you to kiss him”

 

“We do that a lot of times already that’s why it’s normal”

 

“You mean he just let you kiss him?”

 

“No, it was just a promise we made when we were in college.”

 

Mino nods in understanding and they get back in watching the movie.

 

It was just a promise he proposed to Jinwoo when he notice the latter was being too cold and alone. No one dares to approach Jinwoo back in college. He’s one of the top students and a bit colder. Jiho was one of the few students who befriended him. It was not an easy task to make Jinwoo open up. Jinwoo locked himself and tossed the key too far away and Jiho was the only one who found it.

 

Jinwoo was a bit annoyed by his everyday nagging but eventually give up in playing the role of hard to get. He first saw Jinwoo smiles when he danced at him comically. But those smiles fade away too quickly and when he asked why Jinwoo said because it reminds him of someone who will dance like that whenever he is mad. Jiho was quite taken aback at that but he insisted to dance convincing Jinwoo to replace the memory of that someone to him.

 

He learned Jinwoo’s past when they had a party and they got drunk. It was late and he was looking for Jinwoo who got drag by someone he doesn’t know. He then saw Jinwoo crying at the pool while looking at the star. He approached him and asked why and that’s when Jinwoo let everything out. The next day Jinwoo doesn’t remember anything and he let it be.

 

They kiss the first time during their 3rd year in college. Jiho passed all his subject and they are too excited about it that he kiss Jinwoo while hugging him and jumping around. Jinwoo froze up but then smile after a minute and they continue celebrating.

 

He then started kissing Jinwoo whenever the older is sad or mad or frustrated. Jinwoo doesn’t say no and seemed to calm down whenever he feels that someone is there for him. He then promised Jinwoo that he will kiss all the sorrow away and so far it always works.

 


 

 Jinwoo day was almost a mess but thanks to his reliable partner that the meeting was a success. They are able to get the contract signed that day. He doesn’t get scolded that much but he still received a glare from his boss. He spent the rest of his day thinking of how to deal with Jiho’s friend. He received a message from Jiho that his friend already moves. It’s not that he is against it but it’s just that he never met this friend of Jiho that he forgot to ask the name. He will know it later so no worried he thinks.

 

He is now at Taehyun and Seungyoon’s studio eating dinner. Taehyun cutely asked him to visit and buy food for dinner. Taehyun is still the same as he was in high school, always asking him for his opinion about his songs.

 

“So you had an Asian Tour?” He asked as they listen to the newly composed song of the two.

 

“Yes hyung. Do you want to join us?” Tahyun answers as he eats.

 

“And be your chaperone? No way!”

 

“What’s wrong with that?”

 

“I’m not up for watching you being the sweetest couple in the world.”

 

“You’re just jealous.”

 

“Jealous of what?”

 

“Cause you doesn’t have someone-”

 

“Taehyun.” Seungyoon stern voice cuts Taehyun.

 

“I have Jiho and I’m fine.” Jinwoo said shocking the two younger.

 

“So you’re dating Jiho hyung?” Taehyun asked voice full of curiosity.

 

“No.”

 

“Then?”

 

“I’m happy.”

 

“You’ll be happier if Mino hyung is the one beside you.” Taehyun said and Jinwoo doesn’t respond.

 

It’s true. He will be happier if Mino is the one beside him, if Mino is the one kissing him, the one preparing his meal and the one who hold him when he is on his weakest. Everything will be better with Mino.

 

Jinwoo went back home later and when he arrived Jiho is lock on his room, blasting a music probably his new composition that he will sell to Entertainment Company. He doesn’t really get Jiho when it comes to music. He composed a lot of song but doesn’t want to work in a company. He just sells his song and takes credit using his nickname Zico.

 

He went straight to the kitchen and almost screams when he saw an unfamiliar silhouette standing at the counter, back facing him and then he remembers Jiho’s friend.

 

“Ahhmmm ---” He trails, hands scratching his nape. He is still awkward with strangers, not to mention stranger living with him.

 

“Welcome I think?” He continues when the guy doesn’t move an inch.

 


 

Mino can’t fall asleep. He doesn’t even bother unpacking all his things since he will not live here for a long time. He can’t fall asleep because something is bothering him. When he was roaming around this afternoon he saw a photo of Jiho and a man that left a big scar in his heart but he still longing to see. Jiho was with Jinwoo with almost all the photos and by the look of it Jin-hyung is Kim Jinwoo. The man he loves all this time.

 

He get up to drink water and maybe to really see if Jin-hyung is really his Jinwoo. He was just done drinking when he feels someone presence inside the house. He can feel that someone is eyeing him from behind and his body just won’t listen to him and just turn around and greet whoever that someone.

 

He was about to turn around when Jin-hyung talks the first time but when the latter utters a word and he hears the voice, everything stop. That voice was too familiar and heavenly for his ears to forget. That voice is the one he’s been longing all this time to call his name. The owner of that voice is the he loves with all his heart. The man who forgets him and move on with his life without even showing even the slightest concern or care for his heart.

 

He breathes deeply before he turns his body around ready to face Jinwoo.

 


 

Jinwoo was studying the back of this stranger. He looks familiar like someone he knew but it will be impossible. He was about to call again, maybe the guy doesn’t hear him because of how loud Jiho’s music when the guy turn around and finally face him.

 

“Mino” He mutters, jaw drops and eyes widens.

 

“Jinwoo” Mino calls him and his tears almost fall, he waits for 5 years to hear that voice say his name again. He wait too long to see that face again. He wait too long to hug and kiss him again so he close the distance between them, eyes lock on Mino’s longing one.

 

He hug Mino so tight while his tears are flowing down his cheeks but Mino doesn’t hug him back instead Mino pushed him and went back straight to his room.