TWELVE

Our Love Story

TWELVE

 

It’s a long weekend with Thursday and Friday off because of their school annual teacher conference. Taehyun told him that he will spend this whole weekend with Seungyoon so he sleeps in Mino’s and Seungyoon’s room. Their dates become frequent and Jinwoo can tell that Mino is trying so hard to take everything slowly. He’s thankful though, at least he’s not crying every night. His studies get better and he smiles a lot this days.

 

 

Taehyun told him to just clear everything to Seunghoon but he still doesn’t know what he really feels. He’s happy with Mino but his heart aches whenever he saw Seunghoon. Whenever Seunghoon laugh without him is just too sad for him to watch and he can’t help but feel hurt.

 

 

It’s Friday afternoon, he just get back from his date. He skips his way to his room. He excitedly opens the door ready to caught Taehyun and Seungyoon in action but what he sees surprise him. His brother Sunggyu and his botfriend –Taehyun’s brother- Woohyun is sitting there at their bed with Taehyun with his head hang low across them.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” He asks as he flops besides Taehyun.

 

 

“You two what are you doing?” Sunggyu calmly spoke and Jinwoo knows that they both ed up.

 

 

He nudges Taehyun that rested his head on his shoulder.

 

 

“We understand that you want to be with your boyfriend but swapping room is stepping out of line.” Woohyun says trying so hard not to scold his brother who’s eating his boyfriend face when they enter the room.

 

 

“That’s why knock before you-”

 

 

“No more excuses young man. You didn’t even bother telling me that you have a boyfriend.” The older cuts his brother who pouts –he knows there’s no way out of this.

 

 

“Who is him by the way?” Sunggyu asks, he feel bad for Taehyun boyfriend though. Woohyun kicks him out the second they caught them.

 

 

“He’s my boyfriend.”

 

 

“I know! What I’m asking is his name?” Sunggyu raise an eyebrow to Taehyun making the younger sulks.

 

 

“Kang Seungyoon, he’s a new student here.” Jinwoo explains and the older nods.

 

 

“What about you?” Sunggyu nods at Jinwoo.

 

 

“What about me?”

 

 

“Are you really ending everything to Seunghoon?”

 

 

“I don’t know hyung.” He answers smiling sheepishly.

 

 

“You do know that you need to straighten up your mind.”

 

 

“I know.” Jinwoo gives his hyung an assuring smile.

 

 

“So Taehyun are you still a ?” Sunggyu suddenly blurted out, the younger two chokes on their saliva.

 

 

“Hyung.” Jinwoo smacks his brother’s head.

 

 

“I’m just asking.” The older two looks at Taehyun whose face is now crimson red.

 

 

“Yah!” Woohyun slaps his brother’s thigh. “Don’t tell me you already?” Woohyun eyes widens as Taehyun nods, bottom lips between his teeth. Jinwoo just laughs at the dumbfounded face of the two.

 

 

“My baby is not a baby anymore.” Woohyun cries face buried on Sunggyu’s neck.

 

 

“You’re being too emotional hyung. You two done it when you’re only 15 and I’m 17 now.” Taehyun reason and Woohyun glares at him.

 

 

“How in the world you know when we do it?”

 

 

“Because Jinwoo hyung caught you! Right hyung?” Taehyun says looking at his hyung who can’t stop laughing.

 

 

“Yah Kim Jinwoo don’t you think I’m done with you.” Jinwoo tries to calm down when he saw the threatening look on his brother eyes.

 

 

“What are you and that Mino guy?” Sunggyu asks firmly, eyes never leaving Jinwoo’s.

 

 

“We’re friends?”

 

 

“Friends? Seunghoon wouldn’t break up with you if you’re just friends with him.”

 

 

“Friends with benefit.” Taehyun voice out, earning a glare from Woohyun.

 

 

“Let them talk.” Woohyun whispers and they fell silent as they let the two brothers talk.

 

 

“It’s just two times.” Jinwoo says, hands playing in the hems of his shirt.

 

 

“Two times? Does Seunghoon know about this?” Jinwoo nods.

 

 

“He knew it from the first time.” His eyes are tearing up but crying is the last thing he wants to do right now.

 

 

“Yet you continue?”

 

 

“I tried to push him.”

 

 

“You tried?”

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“So you’re telling me that choose to fulfil your desire than to be faithful with Seunghoon?”

 

 

“It’s not that-”

 

 

“And now you’re being happy with him while Seunghoon is still crying every time he saw the two of you together?”

 

 

Jinwoo can’t say anything. Seunghoon always look happy every time he saw him. What crying?

 

 

“What crying? He’s always smiling w-”

 

 

“Just because he smiles outside doesn’t mean he doesn’t cry when he’s alone.” Sunggyu cuts him and stabs his heart.

 

 

“I really wonder how can you go on a date with the guy who’s the reason why you and Seunghoon are hurting. I don’t get it how can you even sleep with the same man who makes you cry and break your beautiful relationship with Hoon. How can you do that to Hoon?”

 

 

“I know! I know I’m the worst person ever! I know that I don’t deserve to be happy with what I just did. I don’t deserve to be loved because I’m a trash! I’m a ! I’m the worst for smiling and laughing because I hurt Seunghoon. I know I’m not allowed to go on a date, to be happy because someone is hurting because of me! Because I’m weak! Because I can’t fight myself! Because I let them play with my heart! Because I let Mino entered and ruined our relationship! I’m the worst because I feel in love with him even though I have Seunghoon. I don’t deserve anything because I’m the worst. I’m the worst! I don’t deserve to be happy.”

 

 

Jinwoo cries his heart out and Sunggyu regrets everything he says. He wraps his arms around his brother. It’s not his intention to hurt his brother, guess he went too far with his words. He actually understands his brother but he can’t help but feel mad because he really likes Seunghoon for him. Seunghoon loves him with all his heart and he knows Jinwoo loves him too. He need to know who is this Mino and find out what he has that makes his brother what he is now.

 

 

Woohyun and Taehyun silently sit there watching as Jinwoo breaks down on his brother’s arms.

 

 

"We’re not done yet. I’m meeting that Seungyoon tomorrow.” Woohyun whispers and Taehyun mentally curse.

 

 

 

 

A loud music blasting through Seunghoon earphones and he doesn’t hear when someone calls him. He feels a tap on his shoulder he turns and sees the person he hates so much. Song Mino, the one who ruined his perfectly written love story.

 

 

 

“What do you want?” he removes one of his earphone, turning his whole body so he’s face to face with Mino.

 

 

 

“Can we talk?”

 

 

 

“We’re already talking.”

 

 

 

“Can you just clear everything to him so he can be mine?” Mino asks rather shamelessly and Seunghoon laughs at him.

 

 

 

“Why would I do that?” Seunghoon raise his voice.

 

 

 

“He can’t be fully happy if he’s still holding to his feeling for you.”

 

 

 

“Happy?” Seunghoon bitterly laughs. Does Mino’s not aware of who steal the happy Jinwoo?

 

 

 

“Yes, I want him to be happy.”

 

 

 

“Then why don’t you just step aside and watch as I make him happy?”

 

 

 

“Why would I step aside if I can make him happy?” Mino snaps back.

 

 

 

“Yes of course he can because he looks so happy with you now!” Seunghoon’s patient is really being tested right now.

 

 

 

“He will be happy with me it’s just that he’s conscience is killing him so why don’t you tell him that it’s okay for him to be happy. That it’s okay for him to love me.”

 

 

 

“You’re asking for too much Mino.” Seunghoon fisted his hand before walking away.

 

 

 

“You won’t have him.” He says when he stops and looks on his shoulder and walks away.

 

 

 

 

 

Jinwoo stirs up in his sleep and when he opens his eyes it’s already morning. So he fell asleep in his brother’s hand yesterday? He picks his phone from the night stand and sees a message. He open it and his heart beats fast as he read the message.

 

 

Meet me today at 1 PM. Same place J

 

                                    Seunghoon