# 8

Cheshire

Summary: TaekWoon hated HakYeon, that was a universal truth.

 

TaekWoon hated HakYeon each time WonSik stared at SangHyuk. The worst part was that SangHyuk liked to be close to WonSik (even HongBin had trouble accepting that at first because he was his best friend), maybe because he felt safe with the older but what was TaekWoon for then? Giving him food and a place to sleep? HakYeon yelped when a slap suddenly impacted the back of his head while they saw the duet practice to one of their latest songs, the eldest rubbed the sore spot with a resented side glare directed to the black haired man who wore a blank expression, not even looking at him.

 

~

 

“You know?” JaeHwan started one day as they watched the three cats goofing around the practice room, “One day, you will have to let Hyuk go.”

 

TaekWoon stared at him out the corner of his eye, scoffing, “You think I’m holding him back?” his voice sounded more offended than he intended so the singer smirked, apparently knowing something the older didn’t.

 

“You’re trying to but I don’t think he notices,” he leaned on the mirrored wall, arms crossed over his chest, “if you wanted a loyal puppy, you should’ve pick one like HongBin.”

 

“I don’t think I could stand having someone like HongBin,” the composer admitted softly, “he’s way too…calm.”

 

“Oh, you like them feisty?” JaeHwan giggled while he wiggled his eyebrows.

 

The three friends stopped when a scared-for-his-dear-life JaeHwan ran out the room screaming with a murderous TaekWoon not even hurrying after him.

 

~

 

SangHyuk and HongBin liked to fall asleep together almost anywhere, especially on TaekWoon’s couch, while their owners worked on the duet’s upcoming comeback. HakYeon lifted his gaze for a minute to check up on them before he nudged his best friend to pay attention, signaling the couch with a move of his head.

 

A small smile appeared on his lips, their kittens were snuggled up against each other’s side, SangHyuk’s head on HongBin’s shoulder while the other had his head lolled back on the back of the couch. The youngest was literally draped over his friend who was almost off the couch already, his tail in a very awkward position, both breathing deeply with relaxed ears.

 

“They look so cute,” HakYeon breathed lovingly, “WonSik would be jealous.”

The mention of the rapper made him visibly, “What’s with everyone wanting WonSik to be with SangHyuk?”

 

The corner of the elder’s twitched up, shifting his eyes towards him for a split second from the sweet sight, “Well, the boy has had THE crush on him for a long time now and they do look kind of cute together.”

 

“Still, SangHyuk’s a baby.”

 

“He’s nineteen already.”

 

“He can do whatever he wants, it’s not like I’m stopping him or something,” TaekWoon abruptly raised from his chair, nearly waking the boys up, before picking up his half-filled cup of coffee and heading to the kitchen.

 

“TaekWoon, he’s not the little boy you adopted years ago,” HakYeon said from the door, facing the other’s back while he pretended to prepare himself more coffee, “SangHyuk would never leave you

 

“I just…” he slowly turned with a hand in the back of his neck, “HongBin’s different, there’s no way he would go anywhere without you.”

 

“You’re just jealous, TaekWoon, you know that, don’t you?” he tried so hard to deny that part of him, he’d rather have HakYeon knock him out with a microphone again than accepting that, “It’s not like WonSik would lock him up somewhere only he knows.”

 

“I really dislike you, Cha HakYeon.”

 

The loud crash of a porcelain breaking suddenly woke the two sleeping cats, HongBin fell face first on the floor because of the scared push SangHyuk instinctively gave him.

 

~

 

SangHyuk’s ears tickling his neck that night made everything seem less. How he clutched a bunch of his shirt with one hand and the sheets with the other, reminded him how he was still so innocent, how his tail would swift from time to time whenever his dreams felt too real or how he would sometimes mumble incoherent things under his breath, made him realize that SangHyuk was still there. Silently, he turned to lay on his side, facing the asleep catboy, before combing his fingers through his hair, smiling to himself as he close his eyes. He still hated HakYeon for introducing SangHyuk and WonSik though.


Note: I don't like how this one turned out, I feel I rushed it...but I really wanted to give you guys an update but I've been so damn busy with school late, like so busy, I just wanna fall on my bed and sleep for days. I hope you like it, it's not what I had planned, I was more into write something fluffly and sweet but this is what came out. I'll try to write the next soon, no promises because my finals are close.

Thanks for your support and comments, they are very appreciated. <3