# 11

Cheshire

Summary: SangHyuk should start thinking twice before doing anything.

 

He didn’t stop until he somehow managed to get to the place WonSik told him, a club in downtown, he was still breathing hard when an arm circled his shoulders and his friend’s grin was in front of his face, “Hey, Hyukkie! You made on time, let’s go inside, I want you to meet my friends!”

 

“Yeah, sure,” the edges of his mouth turned upwards but that was about it, his mind was still too busy flashing the scenes that happened a few minutes before. He dug his nails into his palms in an attempt to calm himself, even when the blinding lights and deafening music didn’t help. A part of him wanted to go back, to ask for forgiveness, but the other made him laugh at the sight of a wild HakYeon along with JaeHwan on the dance floor while HongBin sat in a booth not far from them.

 

“Hyukkie!” his best friend shouted, barely audible even to his ears under the booms, “I’m so glad you’re here!” he was pulled into a tight hug all of a sudden.

 

“What’s going on with those two?” WonSik stared amused at the sight of the two elders doing all sorts of crazy moves without rhythm, HongBin only shrugged; SangHyuk noticed the unhappy expression on his features.

 

“Mmh, I don’t know, as long as JaeHwan keeps his distance from my master,” he mumbled and the youngest caught it thanks to the fact that his friend’s mouth was basically besides his ear. He side eyed HongBin, inwardly giggling at how cute he was when he was jealous but he wondered if he was even aware of those feelings.

 

A few minutes later, HakYeon went over dancing and smiled at SangHyuk when he finally noticed his presence, “Oh! Hyukkie, you came!” he practically screamed over the music, making the three hybrids cover their ears because of his high pitch.

 

“Yeah,” he was sure HakYeon couldn’t understand him so he nodded.

 

“What did TaekWoonie said?!”

 

SangHyuk froze, flashes of red and sad eyes going on before his eyes among the blinding lights, “Uh…” WonSik must’ve felt how stiff he got so suddenly since he turned to him with a confused expression, “Fine! Let’s go dance!” the maknae abruptly stood up and pulled the eldest back onto the dance floor where JaeHwan received them with open arms.

 

“What was that?” the panther asked the puzzled cat next to him, who only shrugged again and the other wondered if that was all he was going to do for the rest of the night.

 

~

 

He might or might not had sneaked a few drinks from HongBin and WonSik when the two hyungs weren't watching (because there was no way in hell he was going back home sober) so he laughed softly to himself when he pressed the code wrong twice. He tried to be as quiet as a mouse once he stepped in but the door slipped from his fingers, slamming behind his back as he closed his eyes, praying that his owner would just stay in the bedroom. A relieved sigh escaped his lips when he didn’t hear anything after a minute; he took his shoes off to make his way to the couch when someone was already occupying it.

 

“Hyung…” soberness suddenly hit him hard; his ears fell on his head just like him to the floor next to TaekWoon.

 

His master looked so peaceful but even in the darkness of the living room (barely lit up by the street lights from outside) he could see the white patch on his cheek. He rested his chin on the edge of the couch, eyes never leaving the latter’s face when he felt the tears threating to drip after a pang hit his chest out of nowhere.  SangHyuk pressed his face into the cushions, bottom lip between his teeth so hard to restrain his sobs, until cold fingers kneaded his ears.

 

“Hyung?” his head shot up to a serious but tender as always TaekWoon who only moved his hand to wipe the corner of his eyes, “Hyung, I’m so sorry…I really am—”

 

“Don’t cry, SangHyuk,” his voice wasn’t more than a faint whisper but he was able to hear it clearly, however, it only caused the opposite. SangHyuk broke into a sobbing mess, he felt so vulnerable, more than he could ever recall, and TaekWoon was the only person that could open him up like that, “SangHyuk, stop it. Stop crying,” he was lacking tact with his words but not with his body as he picked his crying kitten in his arms, letting him hide in his neck while he tried to stifle his sobs.

 

A kiss to his damp cheek seemed to do the trick. It shocked him to the point where he was just sniffing every few seconds but not chocking on his own saliva, he shuffled a bit away to look at the older boy who just exhaled, relieved, that he was no longer crying. He blinked the last tears away, which made him look utterly adorable as he spoke, “You’re not mad…?” TaekWoon quietly shook his head, “You’re not going to abandon me?” a negation again, “You’re not going to give me back?”

 

“No, SangHyuk. Never.”

 

SangHyuk couldn’t understand what made TaekWoon put up with everything he was, with everything he had done from the moment he arrived there, with everything he wasn’t too but he was thankful that he decided to adopt him years ago because he wasn’t going to give up on him either. 


Note: Hey, guys! I'm back! Finally, I made it out of my finals with good grades! Congrats to myself, lol. Now, onto this chapter(?) it's so...hurt/comfort, I don't know, the end , I know, but I really needed to get them through this. I guess I will go back to update more regularly since I'm on vacations but I'm not so sure since, well, holidays and Christmas is near, so yeah. Whatever! I really hope you enjoy this (my poor kitty Hyukkie but your TaekWoon loves you, he just doesn't know it yet, oops?)! Ohhh, look forward to another LeoHyuk oneshot I'm writing! I already have a part of it.

As always, thanks so much for your comments and love! <3 Kisses for all of you, cuties! 

PS: Did you see that interview where Hyuk said he liked girls with pretty eyes? Who's got prettier eyes than our Jung Leo, huh? Ok, that was just random, sorry! Hehehehe.