#16

Cheshire

Summary: SangHyuk just wanted TaekWoon alone (with him).

 

TaekWoon decided that SungJae had to stay with them because the catboy was still pretty shocked and scared after everything dawned on him. SangHyuk learned that ever since the day he escaped, SungJae’s reputation was marked thanks to his actions on defending him so nobody wanted to purchase him and the owner decided to use him as a servant in the hotel (which wasn’t any better than being a pleasure kitten). With each passing day, SungJae became more and more open around the rest, just like SangHyuk did, except he still had some of the old habits from the hotel.

In all honesty, sometimes it kind of annoyed SangHyuk because he always knew that SungJae was better at everything, that was clear from the first day they were trained. It included helping in the house chores (SungJae never slept over the clean clothes) to helping TaekWoon with a composition (SangHyuk couldn’t recall any piano lessons during their training), sometimes even getting along with the other two hybrids because of his natural submissive behavior. He loved SungJae, he was his first and oldest friend, but with what happened with TaekWoon, he wanted to have a little while alone with him if not to talk about the kiss, at least kiss again. He’d be happy with just a few minutes cuddling to his owner.

 

HakYeon was the one to approach him one afternoon while they gathered in his apartment to look for possible owners for his friend. His hyung sat next to him on the couch, where he was watching his other three friends chatted among themselves as they stalked all the names on the suggested list WonSik and HakYeon made a few days earlier, and silently wrapped his arms around their youngest kitten; SangHyuk huffed but leaned on his chest, unconsciously rubbing his cheek against his shoulder.

 

“Don’t frown so much, Hyukkie,” HakYeon nuzzled his hair, which made him feel like a kid again, “you’ll get wrinkles.”

 

“I don’t care,” SangHyuk pouted angrily, crossing his arms over his chest without moving away from the warm body. He missed being snuggled.

 

HakYeon was a very special friend to him and yet he had never really opened up to him, or came to him to seek for help alone because HongBin was very protective (possessive) over his master. However, it seemed as if the older could see through him so easily, it made him wonder if he was that obvious or if maybe HakYeon was more perceptive than anyone thought, “What’s wrong, baby?” no matter how close or not they were, HakYeon always thought that SangHyuk should be babied because of their , “Are you like this because of TaekWoonie?”

 

“No,” HakYeon pulled him a bit away to stare into his eyes and arched one brow, “yes…” he laughed and spooned him close again, resting his cheek on top of his head.

 

“I figured,” SangHyuk turned a bit towards where the others were still laughing at one of WonSik silly jokes, he smiled at the way HongBin’s ears gave him away (he was sure he sensed whenever anyone approached the eldest), “and does it have anything to do with the kiss?”

 

“Yeah,” the maknae nodded, eyes falling shut as HakYeon’s fingers combed through his hair, “and SungJae…”

 

“I see,” SangHyuk caught HongBin’s eyes when he tried to steal a glance at them and only winked at him, pressing closer to HakYeon which made his best friend snort as he shook his head, going back to what they were doing, “I’ll never hear the end of this,” HakYeon rolled his eyes, “but you should talk to TaekWoon then.”

 

“I will,” SangHyuk looked up at his hyung, beaming warmly at him, “thanks, hyung.” HakYeon’s eyes smiled at him at his cuteness in return.

 

~

The next day they were in the practice room waiting for the possible adopters of SungJae. SangHyuk sensed his tension even from across the room so he went to his side and hugged him; his friend sighed and leaned his forehead on his shoulder, “You sure you want to do this? We can find another way to find an owner for you,” SungJae only shook his head, determined to go through it after all the effort they put into getting him the opportunity to choose who he wanted to be with.

 

“You ready?” JaeHwan asked and SungJae stood up with his help, doing the same with SangHyuk, “You just have to see their responses and attitudes, don’t rush yourself.”

 

“This is Jackson Wang.”

 

Too bold.

 

“Seo InGuk.”

 

Too fancy.

 

One by one, the names were discarded and SungJae was growing more and more discouraged. JaeHwan threw the list on the floor at some point, all names rejected, “What do we do now?” he looked at the others who were staring at the poor catboy. It was then that someone came rushing through the door, all eye-smiles and rambling non-stop with a high pitched voice.

 

“Oh, WonSikkie! WonSikkie, I heard you were looking for someone who wants to adopt a kitty, oh, why didn’t you call me before?! You know I love animals! I always wanted a kitty! They’re so cute! Oh my, am I late?! Did someone take the kitty already?! Oh! HakYeon, hi!” he ran to the eldest but stopped in front of him because HongBin got in the way before he could touch him, “Oh! Is this your kitten?! He’s so, so, so cute!”

 

“Ah, EunKwang hyung,” WonSik scratched the back of his head, “no but ah…how did you find out about this?”

 

“Oh! I was supposed to go eat with Jackson but he told me he was coming here to see a kitty so I guess you forgot and I came here, where is he?” everyone stared at him in silence for a whole minute.

 

“EunKwang,” HakYeon was the first to react, gently pushing his kitten from in front of him, “the kitten is him, SungJae, and it’s not that we don’t want you to adopt him but it’s complicated…”

 

“Why?” EunKwang turned to SungJae, who tilted his head when he heard the sadness in his voice because he seemed genuinely interested in him, however, he still hid behind SangHyuk.

 

“Because…we want someone that can help him, it hasn’t been easy for him,” TaekWoon piped in, for the first time in the whole day, “it’s not you, really.”

 

“Oh,” EunKwang tried to smile but only ended in a sour twitch of his lips, “I understand, I’m sorry,” he bowed and quietly left the room.

 

SungJae’s ears slowly bended down, his tail couldn’t stop moving nervously, so he bit his lip and tugged at SangHyuk’s sleeve, “Him.”

 

“What?” his friend eyed him from over his shoulder.

 

“Him,” he repeated, louder this time, making sure everyone listened, “I want him.”

 

“SungJae, you sure?” HongBin asked very reluctant, “I mean, you just saw him, he’s like…too much.”

 

“He seems nice.”

 

“He is,” HakYeon reassured him, “if that’s what you want, I can call him,” SungJae nodded vigorously, a huge grin on his face.

 

~

 

“So pretty,” EunKwang mumbled as he stared at SungJae shyly smiling at him from the couch the next day when he arrived at TaekWoon’s apartment, “did he really say he wanted me to adopt him?”

 

“Yeah,” even TaekWoon was surprised by his choice, “he’s…been through hard times so be careful, ok? Take it slow; it’s worth the wait when they finally let you in.”

 

“I’m sure,” TaekWoon noticed that same look on EunKwang’s face that HakYeon had when he saw HongBin for the first time so many years back, “SungJae-ah…let’s go home.”

 

“Yes, hyung,” SungJae pressed himself to EunKwang’s side as they left.

 

SangHyuk and TaekWoon smiled at each other.

 

~

 

SangHyuk purred as TaekWoon scratched the back of his ears, finally, he was able to have his master all for himself after so long. He giggled when the older leaned in to give him a eskimo kiss, he took the opportunity to intertwine his fingers behind TaekWoon’s neck to pull him in until their lips touched again, he was sure he felt the older smiled into the kiss as he s his arms around his middle. This was all new to them but at the same time it felt natural, the way their mouths fitted each other and how they somehow knew what the other wanted, slowly falling into place like pieces of a puzzle. SangHyuk was pretty self-conscious of his lame way of kissing but TaekWoon didn’t seem to mind it, in fact, he quite liked the eagerness from the younger, because it was completely opposite to his usual calm and collected self. Between short kisses, they pulled away, foreheads still pressed together to look into each other’s eyes.

 

“Would you have picked me if you could have chosen me?”

 

“Every time.” 


Note: Hi, guys! <3 I'm back with yet another fluffy chapter, I actually liked this one, it was fun to write /I loved how well I started and then my writing slowly went back to being so poor, lol/ and I hope you don't mind my OTP's. I actually had no idea of the pairings in BTOB, so I went with what I knew which was EunKwang and SungJae because I also found this:

 

So yeah, I found myself shipping? It's not like it matters a lot, lol, I hope you're happy that everyone's happy. Who knows how long will it last? <3

Aaaaand, thanks, darlings, for your kind comments! I love them! <3