#13

Cheshire

Summary: SangHyuk remembers it all too well.

Months passed from the incident and thanks to some deceiving from HakYeon's part on what happened to his owner's cheek and the way no one seemed to believe he could hurt a fly, it was soon forgotten. For everyone except him.

 

SangHyuk would lay awake on the piano while TaekWoon was at work, he had made up his mind to tell the older everything he needed to know (finally, after all they had to endure) about him and his past, he just wanted to find the right way to explain it.

 

SangHyuk stared intently at TaekWoon as he walked inside the apartment, he furrow his brows when his kitten didn't welcome him right away, "Is there something wrong, SangHyuk?" the boy shook his head, stretching before he went to take his hand and pull him towards the couch.

 

"I...I want to tell you everything," TaekWoon looked utterly confused; he rolled his eyes, "about my past."

 

"You know you don't have to," he shrugged, "I understand."

 

"That's the problem, how can you understand when you don't know anything?" SangHyuk didn't mean to sound harsh but he was pretty sure he saw a flash of hurt in his master's eyes, "I mean...I want you to know," he softly admitted, ears falling down.

 

"I'm listening," a warm hand kneaded his ears, gently brushing his bangs away from his eyes.

 

"I...I was born like this," he pointed to his feline traits, "I never felt the need to hide it, I thought I should be proud of it."

 

SangHyuk's hands were shaking, all of him was, he never told that to anyone out of fear, but his owner's hands around him made everything less, "I grew up with both good and bad people until I was left in the...hotel," he felt TaekWoon nodding, silently pressing him closer, protecting him from his own memories, "I was trained there..."

 

"SangHyuk..." he knew the other would try to stop him but he had made up his mind, so he tilted his head back to find his eyes, letting him see his resolution.

 

"Nothing happened to me, I was a lost cause," he could see SungJae's crying face in the back of his mind, could hear his sobs from that awful day, "but...I had a master, owner, before you who did try to do something to me when I trusted him," he didn't realize there were tears on his face until TaekWoon carefully wiped them away.

 

"He sent me back, a...I managed to escape and get taken to the shelter where you found me," he sniffed as he stared gratefully at his hyung, "I was scared of you at first, I thought you would be like them or worse, I was expecting you to use me..." he noticed TaekWoon's pursed lips and let out a breathy laugh.

 

"But you didn't, you were always so kind to me," SangHyuk bit his quivering lower lip, "and I behaved horribly towards you more than once and yet you found a way to forgive me, tell me it was ok, that I didn't do anything wrong. As if I'm worth all these problems."

 

"Because you are worth it, SangHyuk," the catboy found himself with his face againts his master's neck as he was held tightly, like the older was afraid he would run away, again, "I can understand why you don't believe it but it'd be nice if you tried to. You're not just a pet for me...you...you are..."

 

SangHyuk's ears perked up at that, anxiety bubbling in his chest for the next words, "I am...?" he whispered.

 

"You're more than that." He controlled his ears when he felt the need to drop them, a pang of disappointment hit him for no reason. What was he expecting anyways?

 

"I see," he gently pushed away from his hyung, giving him a sweet smile, "thanks for everything, TaekWoon hyung." He leaned in close and pressed his lips to the other's cheek before he stood up, heading to the kitchen to make them dinner.

 

A few hours later, SangHyuk was curled in a half asleep ball as he waited for his owner to finish the new composition he was making in order to sleep together when he felt soft fingers caressing his cheek, "Come on, it's late," he nodded but he was suddenly lifted, tail hanging from side to side as he instinctly wrapped his arms around TaekWoon's neck.

 

He was laid on the bed, soon cuddling to something warm, his mind weaving between consciousness with the feeling of a kiss lingering on the corner of his lips.


Note: Well, we're progressing with SangHyuk and TaekWoon's relationship, finally. I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep this story, well, whatever this is because I have in mind to also do a spin-off with HakYeon and HongBin's relationship but I'm still not sure. Don't mind that much! I hope you like this! And I've been taking prompts in Tumblr for whoever wants with certain pairings, don't know if you're interested, I'm just gonna leave this here.

Thanks for your lovely comments! <3

PS: Oh, yeah, Le.Sin. Set, baby. Btw, what you think of the new summary?