#12

Cheshire

Summary: SangHyuk's past was dark so he always knew that TaekWoon wasn't.

SangHyuk was born a hybrid, one of the first generations of healthy babies from subjects that had previously accepted a contract. He never met his mother though, he heard some things about her here and there whenever the scientists didn't know he was able to hear them. There was one scientist that always stared at him warmly, a young woman, but because she treated him like a human disappeared the day after she told him the one thing he would never forget.

 

"Your name is SangHyuk. Han SangHyuk," she caressed his cheek, tears pooling in her eyes, "don't let anyone tell you what you are and what you're not. You're perfect, ok? And if you ever wonder where you came from, just remember that your mother loves you."

 

He never saw her again.

 

His first solid memory was being a five years old next to several other boys and girls behind glass walls, thousands and thousands of eyes staring in awe at him, flashes and voices all over.

 

They were a success.

 

There was an old woman, not over sixty, that had enough money to buy him. He was taught to always refer to whoever owned him with respect unless asked otherwise.

 

"What's your name, baby?" she softly asked as soon as they arrived at her mansion.

 

"Sang...SangHyuk, miss," he lowered his head, ears flatted to his head afraid.

 

"Oh, what a pretty name, is it ok if I call you Hyukkie?" he looked up at her smile and nodded, she giggled like you would do when you see something cute.

 

He lived quite happily with her, she was kind and easy with him since she was lonely after her son left her to live an expensive life with the money his father left him. He was treated more like a boy than a cat, he knew of his traits but his ears were half covered by his long hair and his tail was always hidden. The only moments when he behaved like a kitten was when she was reading in the mansion's library, next to the fire, as she petted his head, soft purrs coming from him.

 

That was until she died and her son took him. He was ten then and still very much innocent to what the world was doing to others of his kind that weren't as lucky, so when the man smiled at him, he smiled back.

 

Huge mistake.

 

SangHyuk was forced to call him "master" and do everything he demanded when he said so. Instead of a room, he had a closet to sleep in, and he had to hide whenever he had someone over. He forcefully cut the boy's hair so his ears would show along with his tail, that was the time he lost it to his instincts and bit him so hard he felt his teeth hurt.

 

"You ing animal!" he pushed him to the ground, "You owe me your life and this is how you pay me?! My mother was stupid, she spent money that should be mine now in buying a goddamn catboy that's useless!" SangHyuk hissed at the words, almost launching at him again when he was grabbed by the neck.

 

"You should be where you belong."

 

That's how he ended up in a love hotel, next to two boys in similar conditions. The owner was a fat woman who seemed nice at first but if someone dared to say something that didn't please her, you were better dead. He was twelve when he met his best friend, SungJae, who was also a cat hybrid that was abandoned by his family after they were looked down upon seeing their pet. They were trained together as pleasure kittens for three years, through ups and downs, SangHyuk became stubborn, almost aggressive whenever he was approached, while SungJae was changed into the perfect companion, unable to say no or answer back a request (no matter how denigrating it was) so he was the owner's pride because he was pure, untouched and she was waiting for the right time to sell him for the highest amount. She had no hopes for SangHyuk however.

 

When SungJae announced he was bought, SangHyuk lost it again, barging into the room where the buyer was, attacking him, yelling how disgusting he was for paying to have with an underage. He was beaten up until he passed out by owner's sons, the next day he was sold to the first person that offered something for him which was a business man that had a for the catboys among other things.

 

SangHyuk had it easy at first for a sixteen year old boy, only having to do the house chores and other small stuff, he was almost grateful for the life he had then so he put in use some of what he learned back in the hotel. Another mistake in his life. The man misunderstood and tried to abuse him but again, he defended himself. In the end, he wasn't the one crying or bleeding on the bed, he smiled because he wasn't sorry at all.

 

Hours later, he was dragged back to the hotel, as he hissed and growled. SangHyuk saw the opportunity to escape thanks to SungJae who helped him out the back, he said they were even and kissed his cheek before going back. He felt terrible for leaving him there but he couldn't even save himself yet.

 

He ran and ran with no direction under a harsh storm, soaked to the bone, when a car almost ran him over. He was doomed because it was truck that caught the stray hybrids like him to take them back to shelters until someone decided to adopt them, and if they didn't, put them to sleep.

 

He didn't expect a stoic man to walk up to his cell a few months after, his hair had grown long again and it covered his eyes so that helped him be able to see him without the other knowing. The man scared him at first; he didn't have any expression at all, except his whole impression of him changed when he tried to reach him almost as afraid as he was. He could sense his intrigue. SangHyuk was surprised at how he fought to have him, like he was actually worth the problem.

 

There was another catboy, he noticed, in panic behind a man that looked like his owner, but didn't seem to have a lot of money, how was he even able to afford him? Why was he protecting his hybrid so much? A lot had changed since he was born. Soon enough, he found himself inside the man's car, his new master, along with the catboy, who was very curious about him (he didn't mean to scare the boy when he showed his fangs, it was a reflex), and his owner, that tried hard to make him feel at ease.

 

His new house was small, an apartment, it had a piano and a baywindow, simple. He turned to his new owner, expecting the worst, only to find the other as nervous as he was.

 

SangHyuk knew right then that the man, TaekWoon, wasn't as dark as he appeared to be, or wanted, he should know.

 

~

 

Now, after living for almost three years with TaekWoon, SangHyuk was sure his master was everything but dark. From his emotionless stares to his sometimes mechanic demeanor, TaekWoon was light, his touches and words were always gentle, so more often than not, he found himself wondering how he ended with such a special person. Not just him but the rest too, HongBin was the first one to break his walls with his soft  dimpled smiles, HakYeon following after with his caring selflessness, JaeHwan with his jokes and WonSik with his stubbornness. However, the one that didn’t have to do much more than just cautiously poke his ear for the first time a few days after he was adopted to shatter the glass around him, was Jung TaekWoon with his amazed face the moment he saw how his ears twitched cutely. He couldn’t help the grin that broke on his lips at TaekWoon’s excited gasp when he perked them up, tail unconsciously swaying happily.

 

It was game set once you fall for Jung TaekWoon.


Note: I don't have much to say about this one, I actually...like it. Because I somehow prefer the hurt/comfort but this is a very overall look at SangHyukkie's past. There were other things but this is the most important ones, just because we /you/ now know about all of this doesn't mean TaekWoon does so yeah, I think the next one will be about that. 
Well, whatever. <3 I hope you like it! Thanks for all your good wishes and comments! Kisses for you, sweeties!