# 2

Cheshire

Summary: When HakYeon suggested that he should adopt a catboy, he didn't think he meant it.

 

“You know what you need, TaekWoon?” HakYeon said out of the blue one afternoon as he stretched on the couch, scrolling through something on his phone, he didn’t wait for an answer anyways, “You need a pet.”

 

“I already have you,” he simply replied and since he had his back to his friend, he missed the dramatic offended look from the other.

 

“As I was saying, you should adopt a cat,” the red haired nodded to himself, imagining the right animal for his friend, “like I have Bin, you want to see a picture of him?! He’s just so cute!” he turned his phone to where TaekWoon was, expecting him to at least turn around and see the photo.

 

“HakYeon, I see at least 20 pictures of him every time we meet,” suddenly he frowned, realizing something before he faced HakYeon, “you want me to adopt a catboy?” he was used to the whole idea of the experiments that became a trendy to have as a pet that appeared once people understood how to mix humans with animals (which quickly went down because of lawsuits, anti and pro groups of how they got the subjects for those tests, clandestine labs, possible overpopulation, just a lot of bad things) since HakYeon bought HongBin from his previous abusive owner.

 

“Well, yeah, I think it'd be great if Binnie had a friend.”

 

TaekWoon rolled his eyes, “You do you realize that HongBin is also a human and can actually go out and make friends, right?” HakYeon huffed and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

 

“Of course I know, he’s my kitty,” he said as a matter of fact, “but I also know that he has a hard time dealing with other humans outside of us, so I believe it’d be nice if he had someone like him.”

 

“So you want me to adopt a cat-human,” HakYeon nodded with a smile, “no,” his whole face dropped.

 

“Why not? You’d be helping one of the many that had been tossed like objects once people realized they weren’t just ual toys or whatever the media said they were supposed to be,” HakYeon was very stubborn but TaekWoon hated to admit he had a point, “besides, you’re always alone when I’m not around.”

 

“I like quiet,” he sounded a bit curt but that was just how he was, “and I’m not very good at giving attention, much less taking care of something that will depend on me.”

 

“You said it yourself, TaekWoon, he or she will also be human so they can take care of themselves, the only difference is that they…they make you feel loved like any normal dog or cat would.”

 

“Please, don’t cry.” HakYeon deadpanned and the tips of his lips twitched upwards, “Are  there like…any rules or special things I should have or do if I decided to adopt one?”

 

“We’ll see about that at the shelter!”


“…I never actually accepted, HakYeon.”

~

That didn’t stop HakYeon from dragging him to a shelter the day after, HongBin was following them close behind.

 

“Do I really need to go?” he complained as he stopped just outside the gates of the place, “Please, hyung, don’t make me go in there.”

 

HakYeon’s eyes softened at the sight of his ears slowly falling down, “It’s ok, Binnie.” he took his hand and intertwined their fingers before he pushed TaekWoon inside, “Go take a look while I talk to the manager.”

 

TaekWoon was still very reluctant but he was already there and he always had a soft spot for animals when he was young, he walked to cells which had at least five of the boys and girls, some looked excited to see him and others just ignored his existence. With pursed lips, he silently scanned the last one that only had one little boy, not older than 17, curled in himself. He had brown hair, his bangs almost covered his feline eyes, his skin was snow white but what actually caught his eyes were the two cat ears that were very tense on top of his head, like he was waiting for something to happen.

 

He was about to pass his hand between the bars, like anyone would to try and reach him, see if he had any interest in him when the manager pulled it away, “Don’t.”

 

“Why?” HakYeon was actually surprised at his harsh tone, he was surprised himself so he cleared his throat before fixing it, “Is there something wrong with him?”

 

“Well, besides the fact that he has some serious trust issues in humans because of his past experiences, he can either be this silent or lash out,” the boy stared darkly at the guy for a split second but TaekWoon noticed.

 

“What’s his name?” he knew he could intimidate people with his glances, so he took advantage of that, “And you said experiences, what happened to him?”

 

“SangHyuk,” the man finally spoke after a few seconds, “he was trained for years to be a pleasure kitten, which is like the highest thing in the lowest place, so every person that found that out after they adopted him tried to abuse him in any way you can think of.”

 

“I want him.”

 

HakYeon widened his eyes, completely shocked at TaekWoon’s demand for a whole minute before a big smile curved his lips, HongBin was stretching his neck from behind his owner trying to get a good look of the other catboy but flinched when some of the ones in the cell at their side started hissing at him. He could feel their bitterness burning holes on his back.

 

SangHyuk didn’t make a sound during the whole ride back to HakYeon’s apartment, hardly ever blinked or showed any kind of emotion. HongBin tried to lean a bit close to him, just to inspect him, his curiousness getting the best of him when a flash of bare fangs startled him so he just pressed himself against the door and ran into the apartment building the moment HakYeon opened the door.

 

“Woah, what’s with him?” he asked to himself while staring at the closed door through which the catboy had just disappeared as he paced to TaekWoon’s side of the car, “Hey, if you need anything, just call, ok?” his friend nodded and with a last sympathetic look to SangHyuk, he followed HongBin’s steps.

 

The ride to TaekWoon’s home was in dead silence.  He checked on the boy from time to time through the rear-view mirror to see if he was breathing at least, SangHyuk caught him several times until they finally reached the building complex where he lived, he parked the car and slowly got off, more or less expecting the boy to at least ask him something but nothing came from his lips.

 

“Come, it’s on the third floor,” that was the only thing he said as they entered and walked up the stairs, he was starting to question his decision when he opened the door to let SangHyuk in but the moment he realized how stressed he actually was, he stopped all indecisive thoughts. SangHyuk’s hands were trembling from holding everything in; he had all the signs of hypervigilance. TaekWoon knew he had a long way to go with his new companion.


Note: I better explain this before anyone gets confused, this has a storyline...I mean you can read them separately but they would make more sense together,  I won't keep an order as in writing the before, now and after events because I write the part of the time I feel like writing, sorry. For example, I didn't plan to post how TaekWoon adopted SangHyuk so soon but since I went to a shelter today, I just had to do it, ok? 
Uh, any gramma mistakes, or mistakes in general, are my fault 'cause I wrote this like...right now when I should be sleeping.
Ows, thanks for all the suscribers <3
PS: If any reader is planning on having a new pet, please, adopt one instead of buying them, there are a lot of cats and dogs that are dying to give someone all their love and attention even after they were abused. //SorrynotsorryforthisbutsrslyIwasverytouchedbythiperience//