#14

Cheshire

Summary: WonSik confessed to the wrong person only to find the right one was there just not in front of him.

                                                                                                                                  

“I like you, SangHyuk.”

 

The moment the words came out of WonSik’s mouth, everyone fell silent.

 

TaekWoon was having a mental breakdown. The hand that had the new song’s lyrics fisted the sheets, the noise going unnoticed along with the yelp HakYeon made when his free hand flew to grip his wrist to the point he was sure he felt something crack between his fingers.

 

WonSik’s ears were down, so low they almost disappeared among his locks, as he stared with cute expectant panther-like eyes at the other catboy who was frozen in place, holding the single red rose he offered with the three words. JaeHwan gasped and couldn’t close his mouth until HongBin pushed his jaw back in place without taking his gaze from his two friends (although he was aware of TaekWoon’s grasp on his master).

 

“SangHyuk?” all eyes turned to the deep voice that broke the silence, “Just say something…”

 

“TaekWoon,” the name escaped his lips before he could even think about it and he clasped a hand over his mouth in a second when he sensed the anger rising in the other, “I…” he turned to the rest where his owner was stoic as ever except for his worried eyes.

 

“Seriously, Hyuk?” TaekWoon’s hand let go of HakYeon because he knew that almost animalistic tone only meant one thing: WonSik’s hunter side was out thanks to his emotions taking over, “I confessed to you and all you have to say is his name?” he jeered, sending one glare at TaekWoon.

 

HongBin was quick to be in front of HakYeon, his instincts screaming for him to protect him, before he looked over at where JaeHwan was. TaekWoon was usually the only one that could control that side of WonSik but his rage was directed towards him so it would be useless, SangHyuk wanted to do the same as HongBin (his owner shook his head at him) but knew better than to annoy WonSik even more so he stayed put.

 

“WonSik, calm down…” TaekWoon tried with his neutral voice, if he sounded any different, it would backfire him in the end.

 

WonSik’s ears were as up as they could, his fangs bared just like his claws, and his glare was everything but human. He turned to TaekWoon, lowly hissing, “Why should I?”

 

“What’s the use of getting angry?”  

 

“I don’t know, you tell me, you think HakYeon fooled us when he told us that lame excuse for your injured cheek?” he growled at HongBin the moment he hissed at the mentioned of the oldest, “What did you do to SangHyuk that he had to hurt you?”

 

“I hurt him,” SangHyuk stared in shock at TaekWoon, who saw that he was about to defend him so he added, “it was my fault, he wanted to go with you all along and I didn’t let him.”

 

WonSik snarled at him, about to launch himself over TaekWoon when a  voice in the room stopped him, “WonSik, stop it,” somehow it was sweet, so sweet and almost pleading it had him blinking in surprise, he heard it every day so while everyone looked at SangHyuk that was just as stunned, he turned to his partner.

 

“JaeHwan…”

 

The singer was in front of him, a warm smile on his lips, and he lifted his hands to caress his cheeks, “Breathe, WonSikkie,” he softly sang. SangHyuk was about to get his friend away when he saw the rapper’s ears twitch relaxed, tail dropping along with his shoulders. It was then that he realized the way JaeHwan was always there with WonSik, even when the other didn’t want him there.

 

Soon, the usual easy-going WonSik was back, “JaeHwannie…” he mumbled but the older spun him around to face the others.

 

HakYeon had already calmed HongBin down, face hidden against his neck as he hugged him close while SangHyuk ran to TaekWoon who tightly embraced him.

 

“WonSikkie,” SangHyuk called, pulling away from his master to give him back the rose, “I’m sorry...but I’m not the one,” he pointed to the flower and smiled at JaeHwan.

 

WonSik nodded, a flash of hurt still present in his features, “I know,” SangHyuk leaned to kiss his cheek.

 

~

 

“Hyung?” SangHyuk asked from his position on the couch, his attention half on picking at the tip of his tail where his fur knotted.

 

“Mmh?” he saw his master closing his laptop before he stood up to take his spot next to him on the couch, opening his arms so his kitten could climb on his lap, just like he did.

 

“HongBin and HakYeon…they’re very close,” he whispered, cheek against TaekWoon’s shoulder.

 

“They weren’t always that way,” SangHyuk’s ears perked, earning a small laugh because he was sure the other would get curious, “HongBin wasn’t as nice as he is now, besides HakYeon’s a person that loves to be touchy, loves to shower people with attention, and HongBin wasn’t used to it. They had and have their issues, just like everyone.”

 

“Will we ever be like them?”

 

“Do you want to be like them?”

 

“No…I like us,” SangHyuk’s cheeks burned, “I mean, the way we…you know, work together.”

 

“I like us too, SangHyuk,” TaekWoon kissed his forehead, “I’m just worried about JaeHwan and WonSik…”

 

“I think they’ll work it out too,” SangHyuk grinned at him until his eyes disappeared into crescent moons. 


Note: Hello! I'm back! I...seriously, this was not what I had planned, I started writing and suddenly this was done, I mean, the end suuuucks big time but somehow the "friendship" thing between WonSik and JaeHwan turned into something more out of nowhere. I cannot say I'm sorry...because I'm not so please, bear with me. Also, WonSikkie can get dangerous(???) and Binnie just wants to protect HakYeon. I slipped a bit away from the LeoHyuk but don't worry, I will come back to it with the next one. BTW, sorry for all the possible mistakes, I wrote this in a rush.

Thanks for all the sweet comments, I love them! <3<3