#20

Cheshire

Summary: Relationships worked in so many ways, why wouldn't theirs then?

 

The dynamics of TaekWoon and SangHyuk’s relationship changed, only slightly, over the months next to their first kiss. It was still unofficial, whatever they had, because he had never known what being in love was and much less what having an equal relationship meant but watching WonSik and JaeHwan’s relationship, he felt unable to act the same way towards TaekWoon. His master had never voiced out any real definition to what they had so he thought that maybe it was more like what HakYeon and HongBin had.

 

“What’s on your mind?” HongBin asked, head hanging upside down on the edge of the couch where they were watching an anime SangHyuk liked in HakYeon’s apartment, “You’re not even paying attention.”

 

SangHyuk shrugged, lips in a small pout, “I was just thinking…about TaekWoon hyung,” HongBin arched an eyebrow, rolling over so his blood wouldn’t rush to his head, “how did you…figured everything out with HakYeon hyung, Bin-ah?”

“That’s a long story, Hyukkie,” his whole demeanor changed for a split second, eyes focused out the window and ears stiff, his hands curled around the fabric of the couch before he came back, dimpled smile almost blinding, “relationships are complicated by nature, look at WonSik and JaeHwan hyung,” he sighed, “they spent most of their time bickering when they actually love each other.”

 

“I don’t usually fight with TaekWoon hyung nor I have a stable relationship like you do with HakYeon hyung,” HongBin snorted at the adjective used for his relationship yet waited for his friend to finish, “I don’t even know if we have a relationship in itself, I mean, what’s a relationship? I’ve been living with him for years!”

 

“You want him to make it official, right?” SangHyuk’s ears perked up as his cheeks heated up, he shook his head afterwards, “SangHyukkie, just because WonSik asked you “formally” doesn’t mean everyone else does. Real relationships aren’t like the ones in the dramas, you know that, right?”

 

“Yeah, I still…would like to know,” he grabbed his tail to start picking on the small motes attached to his fur, “how is this different from just being master and pet.”

 

“You’re not his pet,” the older corrected out of reflex, “you shouldn’t worry about labels as long as you’re happy but if you really want to put a name on it, just ask him about it. I’m pretty sure it’s way easier than dwelling over it on your own.”

 

“I guess you’re right,” SangHyuk nodded with an unsure smile before he stood from the ground to sit next to his best friend, who rolled his eyes and pulled him by his ears to lay down on his chest, their housecat traits showing more whenever they were alone together, “I will talk to him,” the younger mumbled, rubbing his cheek against his shirt in an affective way.

 

“Don’t take too much, though.”

 

“I won’t,” the boy frowned a little then, “HongBin?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“How…were you before HakYeon hyung?”

 

HongBin ran a hand through the long strands of SangHyuk’s hair; exposing his forehead, “One day, SangHyukkie…” the older leaned down to kiss his temple.

 

~

 

TaekWoon arrived at the apartment a few hours later along with HakYeon and JaeHwan to pick up his kitten only to find him curled up in HongBin’s arms, HakYeon couldn’t resist to take a picture of them while JaeHwan cooed cutely at the two catboys, who slowly woke up when his phone went off,  blinking sleepily at them. SangHyun grinned half asleep at TaekWoon, tail swaying happily at the sight of his owner smiling, before the older came closer to pick him and let him keep sleeping, it was past one in the morning anyways.

 

His kitten slept through all the ride back home, his tail tucked between his arms and ears flat to his head, TaekWoon sometimes took a second his eyes off the road to admire the beautiful creature that was SangHyuk. He had never seen the boy as an animal or a freak, he had always found him to be one of the most stunning beings he could ever lay his eyes on and to think he belonged to TaekWoon was sometimes a bit too much, who was TaekWoon to enchain such beauty?

 

TaekWoon realized he was not getting any younger when he had to carry SangHyuk up to their apartment and he had to take a break in the middle of the stairs, he made a mental note to accompany the duo the next time to the gym. Once he reached his floor, he managed to press the code and open the door (with obvious help of his kitten who was half awake, holding onto his neck), he walked to their bedroom and carefully laid the boy on the sheets. He took some time fixing small stuff around the apartment before he went back to sleep only to find his catboy sitting on the bed, he noticed he changed his clothes but the shirt was TaekWoon’s.

 

“SangHyuk? What’s wrong?” TaekWoon softly asked as stepped closer until he sat on the edge of the bed, “You’re feeling sick again?”

 

“No,” he answered quickly with a grimace, “TaekWoon hyung…what are we?”

 

“What you mean?” SangHyuk extend his arms towards his master, the older had to roll his eyes and give into his kitten, slowly wrapping his arms around him, “Tell me, SangHyuk.”

 

“Are we…dating?” he timidly looked up at the older between his eyelashes, added to his usual adorable ears, TaekWoon was taken a bit aback by the sight more than the question.

 

“Where does this come from? Have you been talking to HakYeon?” SangHyuk felt kind of hurt that TaekWoon thought he could never come up with real doubts about their relationship.

 

“You know what? Forget it,” the catboy’s clearly annoyed tone was a blow to the gut for TaekWoon, he felt SangHyuk tried to pull away from his arms only to be held tighter, preventing him from going anywhere far from his master.

 

TaekWoon buried his face in the boy’s hair, pressing him against his body like he was almost afraid SangHyuk would leave at any second, “I’m not…good with relationships, SangHyuk, they’re…complicated for me.”

 

“Why?” he leaned his cheek on his owner’s shoulder, eyes falling shut, “I’m the one with no experience…”

 

“That’s why I don’t want to…ruin it,” TaekWoon’s hands started shaking, SangHyuk could feel it but made no comment on it, that was very unusual even in the other, “I want it to be the best for you.”

 

SangHyuk pulled just a bit away, enough to be face to face with TaekWoon before he inched closer until their lips brushed, “We’ll make it work,” his hands searched for the older’s until he intertwined their fingers, smiling reassuringly at TaekWoon who, bit by bit, relaxed.

 

It was then that SangHyuk realized, it was the first time he was helping TaekWoon believe in something, when it had always been the other way around. TaekWoon did everything in his power to protect and make him feel safe that he forgot that sometimes even his master had weaknesses which he was supposed to understand and find a way to overcome together. 


Note: Hello everyone. This one is actually, not the last one because there's still a lot about the LeoHyuk couple to know, the last chapter of these series as my only because from now on, I will mostly focus on the Chabean one (I must admit I decided on that...in all honesty, because I feel like maybe some of you lost interest in this one). I will update Cheshire but less regurlarly than I will with the new one, please, don't think I'm abandoning it or something since I'm not and I won't. So...the Chabean one should be up before next week or maybe next week thanks to the week break I have so yeah, I guess that's it about that...about the chapter, it's complicated but they will figure everything out, don't worry. OH, please, I HAVE to say this...the HyukBin friendship is so platonic like I seriously love their dynamics, what do you think about it?

As always, thanks A LOT for the comments, I do love them. <3

PS: Oh, to my beautiful reader who wants Raken and always puts up with my long A/N, only for you I will make like a small spin-off of them because, believe it or not, they ALSO have a story each and together.