#15

Cheshire

Summary: SangHyuk never expected his past to come back, not after so long.

 

SangHyuk expected that day to end up being bad, just that, a bad day because he was sure they would get lost looking for whatever WonSik wanted to get JaeHwan for his birthday but he didn't knew that they somehow would end up in that part of downtown where three hybrids shouldn't be around freely.

 

"See? I told you guys we should've turned left, not right," HongBin scolded his two friends as they wandered around the busy streets of Insadong.

 

"Who's the one that knows the shop, HongBin?" WonSik pursed his lips at the sight of his friend's bare fangs because of his sarcastic tone, "Ok, ok, let's take this shortcut back," he pointed to a very small alley which had the other two rolling his eyes.

 

"WonSik, you have no idea where you're going, right?" the panther hybrid scoffed but started walking, not caring if he was followed, "Ah, really...we're going the wrong way."

 

"SangHyuk, hush," the maknae of the three hissed, "look, let's ask that boy over there," he pointed to a tall boy not far from them.

 

"I don't think it's a good idea..." HongBin mumbled, arms crossed over his chest in a complete defensive manner.

 

"Uh, excuse me?" he tapped the boy's shoulder and SangHyuk let out a surprised gasp just as the boy's eyes widened, "...Ok?" WonSik looked back and forth between the two.

 

"SungJae?"

 

"SangHyuk," SungJae gave him a big hug, easily because they were almost the same height, "Oh, my God, what are you doing here? You have to go before someone sees you."

 

"I have a...master now," he pointed to his collar, his old friend took a minute to stare at HongBin's too, "It's ok now."

 

"No, Hyuk, you don't understand," SangHyuk tilted his head and SungJae sighed, "if she sees you, she will try to get you back there. She will say you're hers because she bought you."

 

"What? She can't do that," HongBin walked the few steps that separated them, "he's been living for years with someone else."

 

"She won't care; money moves this...side of the city because I see you don't have to worry about that anymore."

 

"I'm so sorry, SungJae...I should have..." SungJae smiled warmly at him, leaning in to kiss his cheek just like he did that night.

 

"I'm glad you found someone who cares for you," SangHyuk bit his lower lip to keep it from quivering, "Go back, now. Stay close together and don't look at anyone until you reach the next subway station."

 

"Take care, SungJae..."

 

"Let's go," WonSik took their wrists and was quick to start walking back, "Thanks!" he shouted over his shoulder and both catboys rolled their eyes.

 

WonSik was disguised because he never knew when he could run into a fan which helped him go unnoticed but HongBin's ears were in full display since he had cut his hair a few days earlier and he felt the eyes of the bypassers so he stick close to his friends. SangHyuk was the one who fell a bit back because he was lost in thought until he suddenly stopped, HongBin heard it and turned in time to see his friend running back.

 

“SangHyuk! Wait! Wait!” WonSik was about to go after him when HongBin grabbed his arm, pulling him back, “Call TaekWoon now!”

 

He wasn't ready to be face to face with the place where he understood how the world really saw his kind yet but he couldn’t leave SungJae there. Not again. The hotel hadn’t changed much, it still had a sickening pink and red theme, the wallpaper was falling off on more spots and the floors looked dirtier than he remembered, aside from that he knew exactly how to get in and out without getting caught.

 

He just hoped SungJae lived in the same room. The same room they shared years ago. The door flew open just as he was about to open it, a shiver ran down his spine thinking the worse until he heard a gasp, “SangHyuk, what are you doing here?”

 

“I’m getting you out of here, c’mon,” he dragged the other catboy by the wrist, checking every corner hoping that none of the owner’s sons were there as they ran down corridors, “we’ll find a new place for you.”

 

“SangHyuk, you can’t…” SungJae’s hands were trembling, scared of what might happen to them if they were seen,  he knew he should put up a fight against his friend, at least try to stop him, get him to think it through but he couldn’t deny that his deepest wish was to just leave that place forever. Maybe even find himself a nice owner who would be happy with simple things.

 

They were so close to make it, they could it see…then it ended just as fast. A hand gripped SungJae’s free wrist, easily tugging him back, before SangHyuk could take a step forward he was held back by his collar, so tight it was hard to breathe.

 

“Look who’s here,” the eldest of the two said right next to his ear, he hissed only to hurt his throat, “mom was right, he came back.”

 

“But he was trying to take his friend away,” his brother pushed SungJae to the ground, SangHyuk tried to claw at the man’s arm in vain, he stared sadly at his friend who only seemed worried about him.

 

“Let him go! You have me, he’s not yours anymore!” SungJae growled, surprising the three since he had never raised his voice, he bared his fangs and showed his claws. The younger of the two brothers quickly moved to grab his neck, only to retreat with two bloody sets of marks on his hand. His friend jumped on him, thanks to his height it was easy for him to sink his teeth in his shoulder until there was blood, and this helped to get the other distracted so SangHyuk could bit his hand.

 

“Damn!” he threw him off against the wall, where he breathed deeply barely having time to recover, “Come here!” he pressed himself to the wall, knowing well that he couldn’t fight back, he turned his head to the side, waiting for the blow.

 

“Don’t you dare touching him.”

 

When the hit took too long to come, he opened his eyes to see TaekWoon beating the man senseless, screaming very colorful things at him in the midst, he wasn’t going to stop any time soon, he only did so because he was restrained by JaeHwan and HakYeon. SungJae was panting as he glared at the man on the floor, WonSik was beside him (fangs and claws out), while HongBin went to if he was alright.

 

TaekWoon tossed his hair back as he stared at SangHyuk. The catboy instinctively ran to him, accidentally ignoring HongBin who was checking him, his arms crossed behind his master’s neck just as TaekWoon’s fingers threaded through his hair, pressing their foreheads together, “Never do that again, SangHyuk, you understand? Never scare me like that again.”

 

“I’m sorry, hyung, I’m so sorry…I just…”

 

“Never leave me,” SangHyuk was about to reply but then decided that actions are better than words so he pressed his lips to TaekWoon’s. it only took him about five seconds to regret it because his master didn’t seem to react and just when he pulled back, a mouth was attached to his, literally the life out of him. SangHyuk gasped and closed his eyes, kissing back with the close to no experience he had, hoping it wouldn’t show so much because apparently TaekWoon was very good at it.

 

A cough broke them apart, “We have to go, lovebirds,” HakYeon’s voice was serious but he had an ear-to-ear smile.

 

WonSik smirked at him when he passed by him, HongBin gave him thumbs up while JaeHwan wiggled his eyebrows, if SungJae hadn’t been there; he would’ve knock them out. His old friend giggled as SangHyuk led him out to TaekWoon’s car, “so…that’s your owner.”

 

“Please, just…don’t. That’s a first.”

 

“It sure as hell wasn’t a last.”


Note: You wanted LeoHyuk? You got it! LOL, at least at the end, like...I needed something to give them DA push. Actually, I have not much to say about this...I still don't know if I liked it or not, you tell me. Also, AFF gave us a scare a few hours back so just in case, I think I'm going to start posting these on Tumblr too. I don't plan to keep SungJae around for too long, so if you're not happy with him here, don't worry (I say this because I've been told stuff like that before).

So, like always, thank you a lot for all your sweet comments! <3

PS: I know I usually ramble a lot on here...if you don't like it, sorry, I'm going to try to keep them short from now on.