#19

Cheshire

Summary: SangHyuk learned that being food poisoned is no fun.

 

TaekWoon was always very careful with everything SangHyuk ate because he learned from the moment he adopted him that he had a very sensitive stomach, he was lactose intolerant too. SangHyuk always, well, most of the time, made sure he was eating healthy and good for his digestive system because also, as a catboy, he was kind of allergic to some foods so he tried to avoid them at all costs.

 

The time he got food poisoned was different since it was because of a whim, he wanted to eat some fish dish he liked so much three days after they had forgotten it was in the refrigerator, TaekWoon arrived home a bit later than usual because he was practicing a new song with JaeHwan and never knew of that. At first he seemed fine during the day but when they were about to go to bed, he felt bad so he leaned his forehead on his owner’s shoulder.

 

“You’re kind of warm, SangHyuk,” he looked up at TaekWoon with heavy eyelids, “C’mon, let’s get you to bed,” he turned to hook his arms under his knees and lifted him up, carrying him to the bedroom before laying him down on the mattress where he curled up in a small ball.

 

“I don’t feel good, hyung…” his voice was barely a whisper, his master leaned in to press his forehead to the younger’s, he had fever but it wasn’t that worrisome. TaekWoon decide to wait to see if it lasted more than a few hours, he didn’t want to overreact over a simple fever.

 

If he had known SangHyuk would be literally crying over how sick he felt, he would have taken him directly to the hospital the second he complained except he didn’t therefore he was scared to the bone because he had never seen his kitten so sick; he was pale and weak, hands clutching his stomach, “SangHyuk-ah, come on, I’m taking you to the doctor,” he softly explained to the boy while he helped him up in a sitting position but before he knew what was happening, the catboy ran to the bathroom. He spent the next hours just throwing up everything he had inside his body until he literally passed out on the sheets, TaekWoon sat next to him to check on him for the rest of the night without getting a blink of sleep.

 

HakYeon arrived at 7am with HongBin after TaekWoon managed to leave the sleeping kitten for a few minutes to wash up, the eldest whimpered at the look on his baby’s ghost-white face and dark circled eyes, “My baby Hyukkie, how are you feeling?” he cradled the youngest in his arms as soon as he got to his side. HongBin felt so bad for SangHyuk that he didn’t mind their proximity, “TaekWoon, he’s burning, we should take him to the vet.”

 

“We are but I was hoping you knew one because I’ve never seen him like this,” TaekWoon sounded truly desperate, HongBin stepped towards his best friend who seemed falling in and out of consciousness because of his high fever, “he hasn’t been able to eat anything…”

 

“Let’s go then, we’ll take him with Brian-sshi,” SangHyuk apparently understood and tried to get up but failed to be able to stand on his own feet, thankfully HongBin caught him and gently picked him up, “easy, Hyukkie,” he whispered as he walked to the door.

 

~

 

TaekWoon watched impatiently while the vet checked SangHyuk’s vitals and symptoms, he asked the catboy a few questions which he managed to answer, medic smiled kindly at him as he wrote down his medications and explained what was causing him everything, “He’s food poisoned, it’s not that serious but I see that he’s got a quite sensible stomach, that’s why it’s worse for him. He should be fine in a week or so as long as he takes his medicines,” he pointed at the small bag with all the stuff he needed, “also, he needs to start eating simple stuff before he can get back to his normal diet,” he stood up to shake hands with TaekWoon and ruffled SangHyuk’s hair.

 

“Thanks, Brian Joo-sshi,” HakYeon smiled at the corner of the room where he and HongBin were waiting, “we really appreciate it that you attended us.”

 

“Oh, it’s nothing, HakYeon-ah,” HongBin bared his teeth at the smile the doctor gave to his owner.

 

~

 

SangHyuk felt much better as soon as the fever was gone, the stomachache was still there, however, it became bearable. TaekWoon made sure his kitten ate every few hours, small things such as toasts and ham slices so he could take all of the pills prescribed. HakYeon looked after him while TaekWoon was at work and SangHyuk loved it because his hyung spoiled him rotten, “Do you want to go to the couch, SangHyukkie?”, “Are you comfortable like that, baby?”, “Oh, Hyukkie, time for your medicine!”, “Do you want me to cook you something?”, “HongBin, bring this to my Hyukkie baby!” and SangHyuk smiled smugly at his best friend who gave him stank faces everytime HakYeon made him do something for him.

 

“By the way, Hyuk, how did you get food poisoned?” HongBin asked, handing the other his last pill of the day, “TaekWoon didn’t know what was wrong with you.”

 

“Oh…” he laughed completely embarrassed, “I ate something I shouldn’t have the day I got sick thinking it was a good idea because it was the food JaeHwan made for us.”

 

“You mean the food he made days before?” TaekWoon had just gotten home and entered the bedroom to see how his kitten was feeling, “Well, then I’m not surprised you were almost dying.”

 

“What were you thinking?” SangHyuk’s ears fell at his master’s stern tone, “You don’t know how worried I was! I thought you were going to die or something, Jesus, SangHyuk!” he sighed, pinched the bridge of his nose, and moved to take the spot next to him on the bed to be able to wrap his arms around his body; HongBin smiled touched by the way SangHyuk’s whole demeanor changed the moment he burrowed his face on TaekWoon’s chest.

 

“I’m sorry, I promise to be more careful,” TaekWoon scoffed tenderly, kissing the top of his head.

 

“You better be,” he felt his catboy’s smile against his neck, “because HakYeon won’t be spoiling you the next time.”

 

That same day, WonSik and JaeHwan visited and drowned him in gifts and affection, the two spent the whole afternoon giving him all the updates he needed on what was happening in the company and that even SungJae sent him good wishes. The apartment always felt three times bigger when it was filled with the six of them together, laughing, bickering and just acting like the family SangHyuk always wanted.


Note: Hello, guys! I actually relate a lot to this one because last week I got food poisoned for the first time and I literally felt like for four days straight (I'm the only person with the great idea of eating fish from the refigerator that was three days old, go me!) and I thought I was gonna die, for real, it's no joke when that happens. Well, I don't know, I think this is more than cute, well, something that can happen to anyone so I hope you like it! My exams are over so I think I can update more often again.
Thanks for the few comments, I appreciate to the bone, sweeties! Lots of hugs and kisses for you!
PS: Oh, I'm not sure I will make a Raken spin-off but I might make like...a one shot? or maybe throw more of them in the Chabean one? I will think about it, alright? <3