#18

Cheshire

Summary: SangHyuk might be half cat but he was just that, never a whole kitten.

 

SangHyuk gave the evil being in front of him a “HakYeon face” (as the others would call it), completely judging it with pursed lips, before he turned to look at his owner and asked with an annoyed voice.

 

“What’s this?” he questioned while the small devil pushed its head against his hand, clearly wanting to be pet but he only shifted away from it.

 

TaekWoon rolled his eyes at his catboy’s attitude, coming to pick the small kitten up in his arms, “Her name’s Hye,” SangHyuk lowly hissed at the kitty when it started pawing at his owner’s chest cutely which earned her a kiss to her forehead. A friend of TaekWoon, SoJin, had to go out of town and since she heard he had a pet, she asked if he could take of her own during her time away.

 

He knew there were normal animals still around but he had never seen one himself and he quite liked it at first but it soon went away when he noticed how his master spoiled the little kitten, drowning her in attention at all times.

 

“She likes you,” TaekWoon cooed as he watched the two felines on the couch, SangHyuk had never seen him act so openly sweet to anyone before. Not even him after he grew up. Yet there he was, softly squealing at the way Hye seemed to love the catboy who wanted nothing more than for her time with them to be over.

 

“Mmh-huh,” he groaned, pushing the kitty away from his body so he could go climb the piano where TaekWoon was working on a new song. He curled in himself there, blinking innocently at his master that was scolding him with his eyes, “what?” then they heard a soft thud on the piano just as SangHyuk felt a lightly weight on his back, his ears fell down because he didn’t need to turn his head to know Hye had made herself comfortable on his back. He was the one to glare at the older for him not to say anything and just go back to his composing.

 

~

 

HongBin also seemed to be under the spell of the little kitty, he even played with her whenever he came to the apartment. She loved to be on his lap as much as he loved petting her, soft purrs filling the whole room, “Oh! She’s a keeper, look at that,” he would praise her in everything she did, what was so special about her? SangHyuk huffed, “between, WonSik’s coming over too.”

SangHyuk’s ears perked up at that, finally, someone who will be on his side and understand him. He was so happy he even kneaded the small kitten’s ears when she rubbed herself against him, completely ignoring HongBin who whined for her to love him again. Soon they both heard the door and SangHyuk ran to open it, smiling when he also found JaeHwan there with a bag full with takeout. Oh, how wrong was SangHyuk to think WonSik wouldn’t like Hye, he was all over her the instant she meowed at him from her position on the couch; the youngest was done when JaeHwan asked if he could adopt her if SoJin decided to not come back.

 

~

Two weeks after, SangHyuk understood how HongBin felt whenever HakYeon was being clingy. Everyone loved Hye but Hye only loved him, he had nowhere to hide because she could reach him wherever he decided to go. The perks of being a cat. The little kitty would stare at him until he gave into her, letting her drape over him completely, literally marking him as her own to TaekWoon’s pleasure.

 

“You know? She just wants your acceptance,” TaekWoon commented one day while making dinner, hands busy chopping vegetables, “if you give it to her, she might just leave you alone.”

 

“You think?” SangHyuk straightened on the chair, turning to look down at Hye who was having the time of her life trying to catch his swaying tail; he pulled it towards himself to hug it and bared his fangs at her.

 

“You’re not getting there, SangHyuk,” TaekWoon didn’t need to see him to know his antics.

 

 ~

SangHyuk was playing the piano, completely focused on the keys and gently singing some random words that he felt fitted the melody still he was aware of the little presence behind him, probably sitting on the couch’s armrest, letting cute tiny purrs out to his rhythm. He chose to ignore them, too busy with his practicing, when the owner of the purring voice climbed on top of the piano to lay down on top of it, upside down, big kitty eyes staring at him.

 

“Are you for real?” he sighed, a slight smile tugging at his lips, yeah, she was quite sweet, “C’mon, Hye, I’m working,” he frowned when he realized how much he sounded like his master whenever he wanted his attention. He gave up and picked the kitty from there, cuddling her in his arms as she head-butted his shoulder happily.

 

Perhaps she wasn’t so bad, after all.

 

TaekWoon came home a few hours later to find his own kitten asleep on the couch, curled in a way which he was embracing Hye, which had her paws on his chest obviously comfy with the other’s warm. The black haired man took his phone out to take a picture, sending it straight to SoJin with a caption under it, “I guess you’re going to have a hard time taking her away now.”

 

~

 

“Why?” SangHyuk whined with Hye in his hold, the kitten pulling at his shirt’s collar playfully.

 

“Because SoJin noona is coming already,” TaekWoon explained as he paced around, picking all the gifts the others had gotten Hye during her stay, “besides, didn’t you dislike her a few days ago?”

 

“I do now! Can’t SoJin noona get another one so we can keep Hye?” he gave the best kitten eyes at his master who only laughed and shook his head, coming closer to grab the kitty who SangHyuk refused to let go of, “Please, hyung.”

 

“C’mon, SangHyuk, don’t be childish,” Hye turned her head towards TaekWoon and tried to go with him, “see? She misses her owner too, how would you feel if someone tried to keep you with them instead of me?” the catboy pouted but eventually gave Hye to him just as there was a knock on the door.

 

“Oh, my beautiful girl!” SoJin smiled widely at Hye, “How’s my little Hye?” the kitten quickly jumped to her arms, almost scratching TaekWoon in the process.

 

“She’s fine,” TaekWoon reassured her, “she’s an angel, even my cat loved her.”

 

“Oh, really? Is he somewhere near?” his noona peaked inside, hand kneading her kitty’s ears, only to find SangHyuk shyly pressing himself against the older’s side, “Oh…oh. A catboy.”

 

“What? You thought I had one like yours?” SoJin nodded, laughing embarrassed, “It’s ok, his name’s SangHyuk.”

 

“He’s very cute,” the girl stretched a hand to ruffle his hair, getting a few purrs out of him, “Oh! Can I keep him too?”

 

TaekWoon chuckled, “No,” even Hye blinked at his serious tone compared to his kind expression.


Note: Heeeeeeeeeeeeey! How are you, guys?! <3 I only have this to say about this chapter: What The Fluff? I mean, I literally have no idea what I just wrong but I hope you like it! Besides, I wanted to leave you something because my first exams start tomorrow so I won't be able to update for another two weeks or something...so yeah.

This is Hye, btw: 

Thanks for all your sweet comments, I love them! As always, lots of hugs and kisses for you!

PS: I have good news for all you Chabean shippers! The spin off is official! As soon as I finish with the LeoHyuk's story, I will start with the ChaBean's side of it. Please, wait for it!