It's Okay

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V

I frowned upon hearing my phone vibrating constantly, I swore someone was bombarding my phone just for the sake of doing it, and I was surely not in the mood for jokes. It was definitely not the day to bother me, I haven’t been in a good mood ever since Taecyeon and I met with Seunghyun and his friends.

It was Sunday, what meant we were recording again on Inkigayo. I mentally thanked God since we were already wrapping up promotions with “Sugar Free”. And although a collaboration was scheduled soon, I was still relieved by the fact that I won’t be having to frequent the music program I have started to dislike. Surprisingly enough, I haven’t come across a certain person, and for once I finally felt lucky.

My phone vibrated yet again, and I let out a long sigh at that.

“Whoever it is that keeps bombarding my phone is so going to -” I stopped rambling on my own when I unlock my phone screen and came across Taecyeon’s weird texts.

It wasn’t his common, flirty “hey, beautiful” or “what’s up, honey?”, but instead, the nature of his multiple messages was concerning, almost perturbing. 

They all read: “Are you okay?”, “Please, don’t see the news.”, “You just did, didn’t you?”, “Eunjung, do you want to talk about it?”, “Just ignore what the people are saying…”, “If you like him, go for it.”, “Please, please don’t read the comments,” “Block the rumors out,” “You are okay, right?”.

What the hell is he talking about? I frowned, but didn’t thought about it further, what could possibly be wrong?

I sighed and logged on in one of SNS accounts to see what was Taecyeon referring to for rumors, and when I did, I scrolled down through some random notifications that were popping like crazy. My eyes ran through the screen, and when I got a glimpse of the title of a headline I dropped my phone to the couch I was sitting in.

Before I can recover from the shock my phone started to cry when a call of my manager suddenly entered. I was numb, I couldn’t get myself to react. I didn’t have the courage to pick up the call, not when I knew why he was calling me for. What could I do?

I wasn’t prepared to get scolded by him, but -  in my defense - I didn’t do anything to apologize for. To be honest, my thoughts were so loud I couldn't even hear my own voice, how was I supposed to mumble out a coherent word? 

I willingly ignored yet the third call from my manager, and I knew I was just angering him more, but right at the moment, my caged thoughts were setting themselves free. There was nothing I could do about them, not when my mind was suddenly filled with the thought of Seunghyun.

It was all his fault, it definitely was.

Taecyeon told me not to see the news and not to read the comments, but only the headline’s title was enough for me to panic. What the hell have I done to deserve this? What have I done that I deserved to be publicly involved with that jerk? What have I done to deserved be put on in the line by this unwanted situation? I didn't want to handle the situation, or anything rel

Please log in to read the full chapter