Not What I Intended

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V

I smiled at Taecyeon’s text as I prepared with the help of Hyomin and Jiyeon, who were personally reading Taecyeon’s texts for me and replying in my stead as I applied some lipstick. 

I knew they were adding all sorts of flirty catch phrases to what I told them to write in reply to Taecyeon, but I didn’t mind and instead chuckled at Qri who was obviously judging my appearance and wasn't trying to make it at least a little less obvious. 

“I still think this looks prettier,” Boram chirped in taking out a black dress from my closet.

“My God, girls, is not like I haven’t been on a date before. Stop overreacting, I’m not getting marry to Taecyeon, I’m simply going out with him.” I said rolling my eyes playfully at Boram, who simply pout at me.

“I agreed with Boram though,” Qri finally spoke.

“So do I,” Soyeon added laying back on my bed comfortably.

“Eunjung, this is not your first date, but you have not dated in such a long time,” Jiyeon commented, “it’s actually pretty sad.”

“Even if you are not getting marry to him you have to look nice,” Hyomin smirked.

I frown, “don’t I?”

“No,” came in Qri’s dry response followed by Boram’s sigh.

“You don’t look bad, but you could look better in this,” Boram yet insisted with the same damn dress again.

“Just go with Boram’s suggestion,” Soyeon started, “who goes dressing in simple jeans to a date anyways?”

“Yeah, that’s right,” Hyomin said.

“Fine!” I huffed out a tired sigh through my pressed lips and decided to finally give in to Boram’s suggestion.

With a grumpy pout, I took the dress that Boram was handing to me with a widening smile, although she looked kind of creepy. I decided not to comment anything about it, and stop protesting for both my sake and the sake of Boram that keep wanting to shove the damn dress down my throat like it was some sort of necessary cough medicine, as weird as that might sound. What was so special about it anyways? 

I went to change and took some minutes trying to figure out how I was supposed to put the dress on, after failing to zip it on I exited the bathroom and got the overly excited Boram to help me out.

After finally fitting in I cautiously walk to the mirror not sure of how I should react in case I didn’t like it, but the genuine gasps and nods of approval from the rest made me think that maybe it did look good.

I stand in front of the mirror and was genuinely surprised of how the dress has fitted me just right. The low cut and plunging neckline weren't too low for my taste, the length was a moderate one just a bit above the knees, and although it was a black skin-tight dress I could still find space to breathe properly.

Jiyeon stepped in blocking my view of the mirror and pulled back some loose strands of hair behind my ears before stepping back saying, “you look pretty decent now.”

I almost rolled my eyes but decided just to smile at her, "thank you...I guess." 

“Okay, okay, enough of that. Let’s send her off, or she might be running late,” Hyomin cut in softly pushing Jiyeon and wrapping his hand around my arm to pull me forward.

“You look really pretty, Eunjung,” Soyeon commented nodding her head in approval.

“Didn’t I tell you guys? See?” came in Boram’s question.

“Yeah, you look pretty and everything, but Hyomin is right, you should probably leave now, Jung.” Qri smiled at me nodding her head to the door.

“But, Eunjung, do keep in mind that we want all the details,” Jiyeon locked her arm around my neck.

“From start to end,” said Soyeon and Boram in unison like if they were thinking the same exact thing at the same time, opening their mouths to speak just at the right moment, and laughing it off afterwards. 

I didn’t prevent myself from rolling my eyes at them and decided to just go before they kept insisting I was going to be late for my supposed date. 

 

… … … … …

 

After finally arriving at the restaurant I stared in awe at the pretty place Taecyeon have chosen for the now darkening evening, and I was sure I have never been there before.

I entered through the door a little worry that I was a bit too early because I couldn’t find Taecyeon anywhere as I scanned through the restaurant’s reception with my eyes.

Out all of sudden, I feel a strong arm locked around my neck and I almost choked on my own saliva at the shock. I turned to face the person beside me and I meet a smiling Taecyeon right in front of me.

I smiled back at him still a bit surprise from his previous action, but I was, even more, surprise at what came next.

“You look really beautiful, Eunjung,” he said smirking at me, "that dress suits you." 

I blushed without intending to, blood rushed to my face and my cheeks started to warm up at the unexpected compliment. What's up with me?

“You look really handsome too,” I said back almost ashamed of what I was saying, and he simply chuckled and unlock his arm from my shoulders before directing himself to the receptionist at the counter.

I took an overall long glance at his pretty nice appearance, and I was mentally thanking Boram for not letting me go dressed on simple jeans because I would have started the pretty evening with the wrong foot.

Taecyeon turned to me after speaking a few words to the woman at the counter and immediately went to my side telling me to follow him inside the stunning-looking place.

I noticed some people turning their heads to look at us as we walk by to the direction of our assigned table, and I absentmindedly locked arms with Taecyeon shifting close to his warm body.

He looked down at me a bit thrown off and just when I was about to let go, he gripped my arm and leaned down before asking me, “what’s wrong?”

I shook my head reassuring him that I was okay but responded, “I just feel a bit self-conscious of the people staring at us. I hope this whole thing of us going out together as friends get misinterpreted, you know? It had happened before, and I know myself is not so comfortable.”

He laughed softly and gripped tighter into my arm before saying, “you holding into me isn’t helping our supposed friendly image either.”

I blushed and turned my face to the opposite direction of his eyes for him to notice how flustered I was at the moment.

He chuckles, “don’t worry, Eunjung, nobody in here cares whether we are dating or not. I like this place for how private they keep their clients’ business, so relax.”

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding in before turning to face him, “fo

Please log in to read the full chapter