The Aftertaste

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

T.O.P's P.O.V

I woke up that fatal day with nausea, and the deadly feeling overcame my senses abruptly. A strong vertigo was bending my head; I was utterly dizzy. I sat up and stare around at my surroundings, and asked myself, just how the hell I ended in my house? 

I didn't ponder about it as I rapidly stood up from the couch, the couch I supposed I had slept on, and went to the bathroom dropping in front of the toilet, before the bitter aftertaste of the alcohol I drank last night burned up my throat.

I throwed up and then coughed disgustingly at the mixed contents that were previously dancing in my stomach. How did I ended up like this? 

“Damn it,” I cursed under my breath and after 3 minutes contemplating my situation I stood up and decided to shower.

By the time I was done showering and brushing my teeth, I walked back to the living room and dropped in the couch. My stomach was definitely feeling better, but my head ached like crazy. Just what the hell did I drink last night, and who allowed me to do so?

How did I even woke up here? Who brought me here? And how did I ended up in the couch? 

I tried to recall the events from the night before, but the more I concentrated the harder it was to remember. A strong headache started to hammer my brain, and it wasn’t helping at all to my concentration. 

Just what happened last night?

As in on cue, my phone started to ring.

I grunted not wanting to stand up, but I did. I supported myself up with the armrest of the sofa to balance my weight, before trying to decipher where was the sound coming from.

The phone was ringing persistently, and it was starting to annoy me.

I followed the ringing all the way to the bathroom, and I sighed when I notice my phone was tangled in the clothes scattered all over the floor when I went to shower.

I lifted my shirt and found my phone ringing in the pocket of my pants.

Just as I was about to reach for it, the ringing stops. I slid open the main screen and saw in recent calls 7 missed calls from Seungho, 6 in between 1:32 and 2:50 AM and the seventh just now.

I debated whether or not to respond. To be honest, I was actually quite embarrassed, I couldn’t recall the events from the night before. I was contemplating facing him and ask for an explanation as to why I ended up on my couch.

The last thing I could clearly recall was the way Eunjung’s eyes flashed with concern as she glared at me drinking.

Damn, what the hell did I do?

I decided not to waste another minute, and decided to call Seungho back and face the situation.

I knew this call would take long, so I stood up from the floor and walked back to the living room not bothering to lift my clothes scattered all over the bathroom floor in a mess.

I pressed the phone to my ear and let it ring endlessly until I suddenly hear a low “finally,”

“Well, hello to you too,” I groaned dropping down on the sofa to relax back.

He laughed shortly before cutting in again, “are you past that morning hangover?”

I hummed, “barely, but at least my stomach is not angry at me anymore.”

“It should, after all that waste you drank last night,” he sighed, “that’s not fair.”

I didn’t know whether to take it as a joke or be offended, but I ended up chuckling, “anyways, Seungho, please enlight me about what happen last night? I can barely recall where we were eating to start with.”

Seungho exhales boringly into the line almost in disbelief, “are you serious, Seunghyun? Just how much did you drink? Don’t you recall how you were behaving like an imbecile? You were pulling off a theater in the restaurant, and by the way, I’m not eating there again. I was so embarrassed.”

That didn’t helped my cause. I sank in further and further. I started to pray for the ground to just open up and swallow me alive. I did a fool out of myself and in front of Eunjung.

I face-palmed myself.

“Seungho, just what the hell did I did?” I asked him, not really wanting to know.

Seungho laughed sarcastically, “you would have started a fight right then and there if it weren’t for your precious Eunjung. Thank God the restaurant has a policy that protects the customers’ privacy, or else you would have been the headlines for today’s news.”

I was about to hang up for I wasn’t able to contain my frustration, but at the mention of Eunjung I started to listen carefully, “what about Eunjung?”

Seungho was mute for a moment before he started laughing again, and that time it wasn't sarcastic, it was simply genuine as if I have told him a very funny joke. But, the thing was that I didn’t told him any joke. Why have I been friends with this jerk for so long?

I rolled my eyes, “Seungho, concentrate.”

He coughsedbefore collecting himself together, “sorry about that, but haven’t you notice?”

He was starting to upset me, “notice what, idiot?”

I didn’t know if he was doing it on purpose to annoy me, but he started laughing again at my misfortune. What was so funny about the situation? I simply didn’t get it. What was wrong with him?

“Seungho, stop it. Are you calling just so you can mock me? What the hell?” I snapped at him, “listen, I don’t have time for this.”

Seungho finally cleared his throat, turning serious.

“Thank you,” I said.

He hummed, “you know what’s funny?”

“Oh, please don’t start laughing again. I don’t care about the reason,” I proceeded, “can you please respond my question?”

He hummed again, “I’m still going to tell you.”

I rolled my eyes once again, “make it fast, and it better be funny.”

Seungho chuckled lowly, “you made a fool out of yourself yesterday, you were about to start a fight. I told you that I was completely embarrassed, I said that you could have been the headlines in the news if it weren’t for the restaurant’s policy, but you ignored all that and only seem to listen intently when I mentioned Eunjung’s name,” he pauses for a moment, “my God, you are in too deep with her, aren’t you?”

I felt my body tensed up out of a sudden. It wasn’t funny at all, but it was utt

Please log in to read the full chapter