Dumb & Dumber

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V

After 3 minutes looking for my phone, I finally saw it under my bed. Why didn’t I check there first?

I could only think of Seunghyun at the moment. I quickly marked his number and waited anxiously as the phone kept ringing without an answer.

I couldn’t stop my thoughts from running wild. And my questions without answer shot through my mind.

Was he even serious about driving to the dorm? Did he actually remember the address? Did he seriously believe I wasn’t joking about the person knocking on the door? Was he scared? Did he care I could be in danger? Why wasn’t he answering?

I shut my eyes close as I marked again his number after he didn’t answer my first call.

Many questions were troubling my mind at the moment, and I didn’t know what to believe. He was Choi Seung Hyun after all and everything about him was so unexpected. I couldn't predict anything coming from him because he is just that spontaneous.

He could either be laughing at my stupidity right now avoiding my calls on purpose, or either driving here actually worry for me or simply laying on his bed watching television while ignoring his phone.

I on the other side was the complete opposite. I was about to pull all of my hair out in frustration. I didn’t know what to expect, and why would I?

It was my fifth time trying to contact him, and yet again my tries proved to be futile when once again I heard the annoying voice of a robotic recorded saying that the number wasn’t available at the moment.

I wanted to just simply turn off my phone and wait until Soyeon’s arrival for then prepared to sleep shutting off completely the thoughts about Seunghyun, but at the moment and due the situation I couldn’t, and it was even more frustrating to know I was that weak when it came to Seunghyun and anything related to him. It was amusing how just the mention of his name was able to rush blood to my cheeks making me blush, I swore he was associated with witchcraft.

My desperate thoughts came to an abrupt halt when out of a sudden my eight call connected with Seunghyun’s phone.

My heart caught in my throat when I heard a sigh from the other side of the line.

I was the one calling eight times, why the hell was he letting out a sigh when I was supposed to be the one frustrated?

“You are either desperate to hear my voice or in danger,” he chuckles, “but let’s say it’s the first one since I like that idea more.”

I wore a murderous stare and I was so tempted to hung up on him, but I decided against it.

“Are you still there?” He asks, but I kept quiet.

A long silence followed until he interjects it with yet another stupid comment, “I understand what are you doing,” he started and I darted up an eyebrow prepared to hear any kind of pathetic remark from him, “you want me to do all the talking since you want to hear my voice,” he laughed to himself, “oh, you are so cute, Jung.”

I decided it was enough of his teasing. I thought for real that he was worried about me, but yet again what can I expect from this idiot? “You know what? I am really tempted to end the call right now.”

He snorted and I swore I could see him smirking from the other side of the line, “but you haven’t, so does that means that you really want to hear my voice?”

If only could chew his head off, I would have done it a long time ago. What an annoying little kid he is. “You are really asking for me to ignore you another week, right?’

“You are really asking for me to chase after you, right? You seem to like that”

As if I wanted that.

I snickered, “why would you chase after me in the first place?”

There was no response and I thought for a moment that he had hung up on me until I saw that the call was still ongoing.

I couldn’t believe that I shut him up with that, and my darkening expression turned upside down when a smile contorted the shape of my lips. I was elated by the fact that I actually rendered him speechless?

“Hello?” I asked, but there was still no response.

“Anyways, why were you calling?” He avoided my question and instead decided to change the topic, but I noticed that the tone of his voice was less cheerful as if I had said something that somehow seem to bother him.

Why would he react that way for a simple question? Ah, I swear he was way too sensitive sometimes. It was unfair for me, though. Many times he had teased me and I had to go through it all, he could stand answering a simple question, couldn’t he?

“Don’t change the topic, Seunghyun,” I proceeded, “I asked you why would you chase after me if I decided to ignore you.”

“You were calling me eight times as if the world was ending and now you don’t want to tell me why were you calling me,” he snapped, “I know you were joking all along, but you manage to fool me when you suddenly screamed out of the blue, what was that for?”

I rolled my eyes annoyed, “I would answer both your questions if you answer mine first.”

He hummed, “how about no?”

“How about I hang up?” I smirked.

“How about you answer my questions and we settled to have a normal conversation?”

I sighed, “I am too tired to go through all your constant teasing,” I answered honestly, “so answer my question first and I will answer yours.”

He sighed in defeat and chuckles into the line, “fine, princess. What do you want to know?”

I smiled at my triumph over the big teaser that is Seunghyun, is not every time that I get to pressured him like he does to me, and I felt for a moment some sort of strange confidence running through my veins prompting me to ask him my questions and pester him with it.

“So?”

I cleared my throat, “okay, so I was asking you why would you chase after me if I happen to be ignoring you?”

He hummed as if he had finally understood my question before he cut through the line, not with my answer but instead with a compromising request, “before I answer that you have to promise me something.” He asked me.

I grunted not really wanting to promise anything to him since the last time I was practically forced to go out with him to a restaurant, not that I minded it, but I didn’t really want to promise him something that he would surely later use against me, “what do you want now?”

He chuckles, “you have to promise me that are you going to say yes to my next question. You have to answer with yes, I won’t accept a no for an answer.”

That was way too compromising. I didn’t even know where he was leading me to with this weird request, and I was more than sure that I didn’t want to know, yet I was curious about why was he so eager for me to answer yes to the extreme of asking me to promise it to him. What did he want with me anyways? What was so important that I couldn’t say no as an answer?

“Okay, I promised, what it is?” I went on with it anyways ignoring how compromising his request sounded.

All my internal questions were left unanswered until he decided to speak again, this time, surprising me, “will you come to my house? I-I d-don’t know…maybe to have some dinner?”

My heart started to beat faster, it was loudly thundering in my ears. I clearly heard him stutter, and I was, even more, shocked to know that the oh-so-great Choi Seung Hyun, whose confidence level nobody reaches, was flustered. He was flustered and he even stuttered while asking me to go to his house to have dinner with him.

I wasn’t even imagined it, and I was pretty sure that I was awake as my legs started to ache from the standing position I was in. Not even in my wildest thought would I have imagined that I would get Seunghyun flustered and stuttering nervously, since when did I have that kind of effect over him? That was surely new.

I forgot to answer him since I didn’t know what to come with.

“You promised like a minute ago that you would say yes no matter what I asked you…”

The stuttering and flustered Seunghyun was gone and was replaced instead by this other confident side of him that demanded a yes from me.

I didn’t know what to say to that, but he had a point. I did promise it, and so he was expecting me to say yes and accept to his out of the blue dinner request, “Seunghyun this is so…abrupt, but since I promise it then I guess that I will…go to your house?”

He grunts in disagreement, and I was weirded out by his bipolar attitude. He first wanted me to say yes and now he was grunting in disagreement to what he made me promise in the first place.

I gave up in trying to understand him long ago, but still, it was frustrating to not being able to predict his actions like he does with me. In his eyes, I was this gullible little liar that he knew all too well how to tease, but to me, he was this piece concrete too hard to predict or even read. Hell, I can’t even decipher his expressions. Seunghyun was a mystery from head to toes.

“I need you to say yes, I need to hear it,” he explained.

I seriously didn’t understand him. Why was he so determined to hear an affirmation from me when I practically said I accepted to go to his house to have that damn dinner, why was he seeking a confirmation he knew he had from me?

“Eunjung?”

I rolled my eyes for the second time because I hated when he said my name, no because I prefer to be call “Cute Liar Jung” by him, but instead because every time he said my name my legs will go wobbly and my heart will casually just skip a beat.

“Eunjung?”

There he goes again calling my name as if it didn’t affect me like it did, “what?”

“Say yes.” He practically demanded from me but in a soft tone, not his usual arrogant and overconfident voice that annoyed me to no end.

“I already said that I was going to your house since I promise it,” I said instead.

“My God, just say yes. It’s all I asking from you, I just want to hear a yes from you.”

Why was he so damn persistent about hearing a stupid yes from my mouth?

“Seunghyun, what difference does it makes? I already accepted.” I seriously didn’t understand why was he still seeking that stupid affirmation from me.

“Is it that hard for you to say yes, a god damn yes?” He sounded frustrated, and this was actually a situation I didn’t expect to picture myself in with the confident Seunghyun.

Seunghyun first avoided a question I asked, he then forced me to promise to say yes to whatever he wanted, to then stutter nervou

Please log in to read the full chapter