Tangled

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V

It’s frustrating, utterly frustrating.

I think I am giving this situation a lot more importance than it deserves, but Seunghyun just has that effect on me. What can I do? I didn’t choose to fall for him, it just happened, and it .

The girls just teased me and didn’t say a word about the conversation they had with Seunghyun. They were testing my patience, and right now I had no energy to deal with them, especially with Jiyeon’s smirks, Hyomin’s insinuations and Qri’s quiet yet judging aura.

My God, I didn’t do anything wrong, if anything it was Seunghyun.

What was seriously crossing through his mind when he decided to pay me a casual visit to my dressing room when I happen to be inviting Taecyeon’s inside after coincidentally lying to him?

Everything backfired in front of my eyes like it always did, but this time was worse. Not only did I lied to Taecyeon, but I also manage to make my members think Seunghyun and I were nothing, only to have him ruined everything.

I want to seriously strangle him, and I wanted no more than to be swallowed up by the ground when I saw him in my dressing room, but a part of me was actually happy that I finally got to see him after trying to deny what I felt as I ignored him all week. All my actions came backfiring at me all at once and I just can’t take it anymore, but here I am walking all the way up to his dressing room because I am worried.

I don’t know what’s wrong with him, but I want to make things clear and apologize for treating him rudely in front of everybody. I admit that just the thought of taking the first step was spitting on my pride, but I will manage to have him apologize first somehow.

I stop right in front of his dressing room and I was fearing the idea of just staring at his angry eyes. All this situation was confusing, and I want no more than to have this done for me to get to my dressing room before my manager gets back or my members start to make up things about what is actually happening.

I admit I want to come out clean, it feels so wrong to lie to them because they are like my sisters. It felt so wrong to lie to Taecyeon, and I know I am being selfish, but even if I have to keep up denying it I will not and I cannot accept the fact that I like Seunghyun.

Let’s say I just cared about him. I care about him just like a friend does, just like I care for Taecyeon, yes, exactly that feel.

If I manage to have my members believe that, then there will be no problem at all. This has to work out, this will work out. Seunghyun and I are going to go back to normal (if you can call our relationship normal) and everything else will be fine, right?

I raise my arm and curled up my hand into a fist to knock on the door, but I didn’t have the courage to knock. With what right will I want to be let in inside his room when I nearly kicked him out of mine.

God, what was I thinking right now? He must be damn mad, and here I was trying not to step too hard into my pride by wanting to apologize to him.

What should I do? What was wrong to do? Should I knock? Should I not? Would he even bother to answer me?

Okay, what were my chances?

One, Seunghyun will be so mad at me that -

“What are you doing?” I heard a deep voice all too familiar to my ears cutting through my thoughts.

It was Seunghyun.

Crap, was he staring at me all this time? How long has he been standing there? Did he just saw my dilemma? Were my expressions too obvious? I didn’t say anything out loud, right?

I slowly turned my body to face him and he was standing 4 feet from me. He happened to be walking through the corridor, maybe going back to his dressing room. And I happened to be here first, and I’m starting to fear my own actions. 

I gathered up the courage to stare up at him, and when I did I wasn't surprised to see he was still annoyed about all the situation.

“Hey, didn’t see you there…” I awkwardly said.

He stared at me before chuckling sarcastically, “well, now you did.”

I chuckled back trying my best to ease off my nervousness. I don’t know why I was suddenly feeling anxious in front of him, “I did…”

“Okay, so what are you doing here?”

I seriously couldn’t swallow up his coldness. He wasn’t being rude, but his dry words and indifferent expression were enough to unsettle me. I can’t deal with this.

Is time to play this off as smoothly as I can. My excuses don’t actually seem to work in this kind of situations, but I parted my lips nevertheless, “I-I…well, I…just that…yes, I happen to be looking for something but is not here, so I going to go first, yes I am going to go…I will have to keep up looking…yeah!”

I hope that my words made sense, but it didn’t go as smoothly as I intended it to.

Seunghyun’s expression didn’t tremble, he just shot me another indifferent stare, “and I guess that what were you looking for is me because you just happen to be standing in front of my dressing room about to knock on the door.”

Crap, I failed.

I cleared my throat at his statement, “I wasn’t looking for you, what makes you think that I was?” I snorted, “sometimes you are too cocky for your own good.”

He chuckled dryly, “so I guess you came to talk to me or perhaps apologize, but you are doing the opposite. Why are you always lying? My God, Eunjung, you don’t know how to lie.”

Was I that transparent? Was I that readable? Why am I always making a fool out of myself in front of him?

“Pfft, then for your information -” I was about to deny it, but he cut me off again.

“Eunjung, stop lying.” He said, “I will save you another weird excuse. Just tell me what do you want from me.”

He leaned his body against the wall and pressed his arm against it.

For a moment, I forgot

Please log in to read the full chapter