Rumor Has It

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung stares at her reflection in the mirror as the make-up artist leaned back from her uncomfortable position to correct the eyeliner she carefully started to apply. After handling messily the black liquid eyeliner, she decided to correct her eyes with one in the form of gel instead. Eunjung couldn’t help but chuckle softly at her troubled expression what earned her various playful expressions from the other.

“There,” She said proudly as she smiled at what seem her piece of art. “Really pretty.” She tilted her head. “Well, the make-up is a bit simple but it looks pretty. Is good that you were the last one.”

“Are you already tired?” Eunjung asked in a teasing manner.

“Your group has many members, and I am alone today. So maybe I should quit and ask Girl’s Day’s manager for the job, at least, they are four and the work is split.”

“Whoa, you already planned out that one. But please we are only six, is not like you working with Girls’ Generation. Are you sure you want to leave me?” Eunjung stared at her pursuing the shape of her lips into an exaggerated pout.

The other rolled her eyes in a playful manner. “Your cuteness is worth vomiting, kiddo.”

“It's not,” Eunjung argued. “Is yours better?”

“It is actually, but I am not going to start a cuteness battle with you.”

“You wouldn’t defeat me anyways.”

“Yeah, right?” the make-up artist teased. “I already feel pity for your boyfriend.”

Eunjung chuckled softly. “I don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Now I see why…” The other commented and stepped back from her.

“Yah.” Eunjung blurted out, not really upset at all.

The girl laughed at her ‘serious’ expression and turned her back to Eunjung when the manager signaled her to come with him for a moment.

“The boss is calling, but I already finish, take a look at yourself,” She said smiling at her.

Eunjung nodded and lean forward towards the mirror staring at the make-up details as the other walked by past her.

She leaned back in her chair and saw through the mirror the reflection of her manager and the make-up artist staring at her. She frowned slightly and turned her body to face them, but they stare away the moment she did. Something was feeling odd, but she didn’t know why.

She ignored the sudden situation and take out her phone while the other members conversed comfortably in the couch of the room. She decided to play a game while lifting her stare each time she lost, so she met with the reflection of her manager and the make-up artist staring at her again. It felt uncomfortable to her, but once again she decided to ignore the situation trying to focus on the game while she continuously lost.

It wasn’t until her make-up artist decided to walk towards her that she let her phone drop in her lap to listen to what she needed to say. But the other just stare confusedly at Eunjung when she did

“Why are you hiding?” She started to question Eunjung, but the other just frown.

“Huh, nothing.” She chuckled. “I wanted to give you my full attention because it seems like you need to say something.” She smiled and turned her body back to face her manager but he was already gone.

“I do.” The girl said without hesitating. “But is more like a question.”

“Oh,” Eunjung grunted in agreement and stared at her.

When the make-up artist remained silent Eunjung lean forward waiting for her to proceed. “So?”

“Eunjung, did you -?” She was cut off by the manager’s voice. “Eunjung someone is out here waiting for you.” He emphasized the word ‘someone’ and stared at her.

Eunjung turned her head to glance at the manager that stood by the doorway. “Me?”

The manager nodded.

The other members turned their eyes to Eunjung and stared at the situation.

Eunjung stood up from her chair and walked towards the door. The expression written across the manager’s face was unreadable, but Eujung knew he wasn’t happy nor welcoming towards the person who waited outside.

“Who it is?” Eunjung whispered to her manager.

“I think you know,” He said back in a louder tone.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter