A Drive Home

Barefooted
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunjung's P.O.V

 

We walked silently to the parking lot after bickering some more. The playful atmosphere still lingered around us in a comfortable air.

We went inside the car memories, of the night, he drove back to my dorm, came rushing back cutting through my line of thoughts. I could perfectly recall how he teased me after I thought he was about to kiss me.

We are not teenagers anymore, yet I can’t help but feel giddy inside. I don’t know what to expect from him, is not that I expecting something, but since he has taken a liking on bothering me then I guess I shouldn’t longer be affected by his actions. 

This time, I made sure I buckle myself up just to avoid the incident that happened before. Seunghyun turned to stare at me, and noticing my actions he started to chuckle.

No, it was my time to annoy him, not the other way around.

“If I remember you said I will get to annoy you all the ride, so keep your comments or else I swear I will step out and call a taxi,” I said calmly.

He smiled at me before turning the engine on. “I wouldn’t let you in the first place, and yes you can annoy me. Don’t act so defensive I haven’t said anything, now did I?”

I smirked to myself. “No, you didn’t I am just reminding you.”

He chuckled again. “Well, if that’s the case then I will keep quiet.”

“You? Quiet?” This time, I chuckled as the car started to move. “…those two don’t rhyme.”

“Because they aren’t supposed to?” He said more like a question.

“There’s no quiet in Seunghyun’s dictionary.” I started. “But now I’m going to do all the talking.”

I saw him turned his eyes away from the road and his gaze landed on me. I turn to stare at him and our eyes met. I stared into his melted chocolate eyes and I saw him smiled at me. What now?

“Thank you.” He suddenly said.

Okay? Thank you for what? “What for?” I asked.

His smile widened. “For calling me Seunghyun, you don’t know how annoying it was to hear sunbae.”

Annoy? Did he say annoy? That’s exactly what I want, to annoy him, just to annoy him for him to feel how bad he had teased me for so long. He knew how to tease me maybe because I was just that gullible, so that’s a point in his favor, but for the record every time I tried to it always backfired. It is like the heavens are against me for some odd reason. Why did he always get away with teasing me? I want to see him blush, I want him to stutter, I want him to be flustered by my words just once. Oh yes, I was determined to expose another face of Choi Seung Hyun.

I was thinking about how to annoy him that I forgot to say something, so at my silence, he proceeded. “Don’t ask me why…”

I will just do the exact opposite of what he asks me. “Why, sunbae?”

He started to chuckle. “So you want to play like this?”

“No mister, you can’t play,” I stated.

“Okay then.” He let out a playful sigh.

I smirked. Now it was time for payback. “So, sunbae.” I started. “Are you cold?”

“What?” He responded a bit clueless.

I'm just going along with what I feel like saying. “I can warm you up,” I suggested, and for a moment, I didn’t stop to register the words that just slip away from my tongue.

He chuckled at that. “Why? Are you cold? Want me to turn on the calefaction?”

I smirked at him, and he darted up a brow at my expression. “No, I’m not cold, but you surely are,” I said.

He seemed to force back a laugh but soft giggles escaped his mouth. “What’s up with the cheesy lines?”

I couldn’t help my next action. I lose control of my corporal movements as a strange confidence washed over me. I grabbed his wrist and suddenly pulled his hand from the steering wheel while he took control of it with the other.

“What are you doing?” He turned to stare at me.

I didn’t dare to stare up at him, I just slipped my hand on his and our fingers entwined naturally like they were made just for the other. I felt the warmth of his touch spread through the tips of my fingers and a brief silence settled between us.

I was a blushing mess, but my hair helped cover my face. I didn’t expect I will gather enough courage to hold his hand.

Through the rabbit of my eye, I could still feel his eyes on me, and he was seriously taken aback, but this was all just to annoy him. I did it to , or so I thought.

He started to laugh awkwardly and he tightened his grip is not pulling away from my hand.

It felt weird, so weird, and I was secretly hoping he would stop laughing and pulled away, but he didn’t and I wasn’t going to pull away first. He wasn’t supposed to enjoy it, he was supposed to blush and pull away, but why am I the only one affected?

“I guess I was indeed cold,” He commented after he stopped laughing at me. I felt so damn pathetic.

I let out a sigh and turned to stare up at him, but he already had turned his gaze back to the road. There was something about the way he was holding my hand that made me feel like the most precious person in the entire world like he actually cared for me, not just like a friend.

“If your hand starts to sweat I would be gross out, so control yourself.” I started defensively.

He smiled. “Don’t worry, just don’t let go of my hand.”

Damn it, my teasing always found a way to backfired against me. “Keep quiet, I should be the one teasing you.”

“Okay, sorry,” He said.

“God, I hate you.” I blurted out pulling away from his grip.

He chuckled again, but before I could pull my hand away he grabbed my wrist and wrapped his hand around mine. “I promise not to tease you, but don’t let go, I am still cold.”

“If you are so cold then the calefaction,” I suggested a bit too loud.

He turned to stare at me again. “But I don’t want to.”

I rolled my eyes. “Fine, whatever.”

I couldn’t believe I actually agree that easily. What’s wrong with me?

He grinned at me, and our fingers entwined again. I didn’t complain, I actually like the way he holds my hand, and how his skin brushes against mine, but I am not going to admit that out loud, I don’t want him to think I am weird.

He fixed his stare back again on the road. “Don’t distract me too much, I want to arrive safely.” He started and I rolled my eyes yet again. “We are going to enter into the main intersection and I need you to guide me there.”

“Of course, honey,” I said sarcastically but he seemed caught off guard by the nickname, and at that, I smile.

He sighed, “I told you not to distract me.”

“Then that will be quite difficult.” I snickered.

I saw him roll his eyes for the first time and I shouldn’t be so happy at my small victory, but I was so I started to laugh.

He couldn’t help but smile a bit, and after few seconds, I stopped laughing.

I let the silence settled between us for a moment before I parted my lips to cut in again. “I actually like to ask this, so answer me sincerely. What is your ideal type?”

He didn’t turn his stare away from the road, but he raised an eyebrow. “As in a girl?”

“Yes…unless you play for the other team.” I try not to chuckle at my own words but I did.

He smiled at my playfulness. “Hey, I’m straight.”

“I never say you weren't.” I chuckled again. "Anyways, tell me about her." 

“I really don’t have a type, I have never thought of a celebrity as a model of what I look in for a girl, but I like Lee Hyo Ri. I like the y type with a fresh look.”

I shouldn’t have been offended, but the confidence just slipped away from my hands the moment he mentioned Lee Hyo Ri. She is a goddess, of course, he will like that type of stunning woman.

I suddenly started to

Please log in to read the full chapter