Card IX

Tarot Card

"Tiffany?" Taeyeon immediately stood up from her swivel chair when the person who knocked on her door a second earlier went inside her office. "What are you doing here?"

"Youre not happy to see me?" Sadness was obvious in the usually-cheerful girl's face and Taeyeon felt bad. It wasnt that she was not happy to see the girl, she was just surprised. Yes, surprised.

"Ofcourse I am. But what brought you here? Are you sick?" Taeyeon checked the girl as soon as she was in front of her.

"No, silly. I just want to see you." Tiffany admitted, and although the confession made the doctor a bit flushed, Taeyeon was hoping she wasnt alone. "Are you with your parents? Jessica?" But when Tiffany shook her head, Taeyeon hid her disappointment by dragging the girl to sit; a wise move to hide her face from Tiffany.

"Im scheduled to go back there tomorrow, you shouldnt have come."

"Why do I have a feeling that you dont want me here?"

"No, its not that." Taeyeon sighed.

"I missed you, thats why I came here. Am I not allowed to see you?" Taeyeon shook her head and Tiffany threw herself at her and hugged her tightly. Taeyeon swallowed the lump on . Odd it may seem, but she felt like she couldnt breath, like Tiffany's presence suddenly suffocating her and it made her wonder, isnt this too much? Isnt Tiffany being too much? Theyre not in a relationship yet but Tiffany's being a little too clingy already; something the doctor never really did like in her past relationships before.

"Ofcourse you are." Not in the mood to argue, Taeyeon finished.

"Hmmm, so this is where my doctor is working huh?" The short woman's eyebrow twitched for a second, not liking Tiffany's intonation as she referred her as 'hers'. She had a better someone in mind that definitely can call her that and goes by the name Jessica. 

Taeyeon almost choke on her spit.

Its like Jessica 24/7 in her mind now. Everything she does, everything she thinks, god, even everytime she breathes; its like Jessica is the air and she's literally filling her lungs up with it.

How lame, and corny and stupid and there's a lot more adjective to describe what she feels right now to be honest.

The feeling she's having for the sister of the girl currently sniffing around her office is undeniably making a stupid out of herself and she couldnt do anything about it cause the more she thinks why, how and what the hell happened for her to fall for Jessica, the more she felt like she was being buried under the mud. Ohh she's too deep in this to even try to escape, anyway; she's already in love with Jessica.

"Come, I'll introduce you to someone." Taeyeon pulled Tiffany out of the room, mainly because she doesnt like Tiffany going through her things for one piece of a paper on top of her table was  Jessica's name scribbled on it and  Taeyeon doesnt want Tiffany to see that.

 

 

"So.... youre her huh?" Taeyeon wanted to shove her friend's shoulder for the way Choi Sooyoung looked at Tiffany from head to toe before standing up from her swivel chair. She knew her friend was already assessing the girl, something theyve been doing since they started dating, like a ritual or something; and when Sooyoung nodded thrice, Taeyeon knew that Tiffany had just been approved. It was way back in their high school days that the two came up with that idea--- One nod means no, two nods means considerable and three were a freaking yes in bold letters.

Well, Taeyeon cant blame Sooyoung, Tiffany is indeed a beautiful girl so despite knowing the situation of the short doctor, Sooyoung still gave her a Yes-nod.

"Yes, Im her. Im Tiffany." The bubbly girl extended her hand which the tall doctor took for a shake. "Choi Sooyoung, Taeyeon's one and only bestfriend." She introduced.

Taeyeon only watched them as they exchange pleasantries and talked about how she was as a person, a friend and well, as a lover as well. "Taeyeon's one hell of a one-woman type. When she dates someone, that person can be sure that she's the only one Tae's dating with-- no other parties on the side." Sooyoung confessed and the short doctor fought the urge to really smack her friend's head for putting that image into Tiffany's head, although it was true, Taeyeon had managed to peel one layer of Tiffany's skin and she's not liking it, at all. So no, she doesnt want Tiffany to think that they are already dating since there was no official statement from one of them.

The interview was only stopped when they all heard a knock from the door. "You have a sched?" Taeyeon asked but quietly hoping that Sooyoung will have something to keep her busy with so Tiffany and her can leave for the town island as soon as possible. Well, if truth be told, it was only because Taeyeon wanted to see Jessica soon.

The short doctor almost choked on her coffee as she saw the person who knocked on the door.

"Jessica." Taeyeon mentally exclaimed. Her body went rigid and her heart started beating so fast. Her stomach was twisting and churning in all nervousness. It was a reaction she had gained since Jessica.

And speaking of Jessica, Taeyeon couldnt take her eyes off Sooyoung's guest, not till the tall doctor said her name,  "SinB." and that made Taeyeon's heart sunk in disappointment because it wasnt her Jessica.

"Hi Taeyeon." SinB greeted her and although she already knew she wasnt Jessica, Taeyeon still coudnt take her eyes off her.

"Can I steal your friend for a second? You dont mind, do you?"

"No, not at all." Taeyeon replied and turned to her friend. "Lets just see each for dinner later." And Sooyoung agreed.

But before she and Tiffany left the tall doctor's office, Taeyeon whispered to Sooyoung. "Did SinB always looked like that before?" The tall doctor nodded and stared at her like she was the stupidest people of all.

"She's beautiful." That made Sooyoung stared at her in bewilderment. "I was dating her for about a year before Tae, you just noticed now?" And Taeyeon nodded. "She looks so much like Jessica."

Hitting her forehead with her palm, Sooyoung muttered. "No wonder." And while shaking her head, the tall doctor teased,  "Aigoo, youre really in love. Taeyeon."