Card V

Tarot Card

The sound of the door opening disrupted Taeyeon’s moment of craziness as she was laughing her off on her bed while she was on her phone. Her friend, Sooyoung, had just eaten her own spit and it was actually what she was laughing at about.

“Sooyoung.. Sooyoung… Sooyoung..”  Taeyeon matched it with shaking her head. “I cant really believe you did that.  I mean, what happened to “That’s never gonna happen” go?” Taeyeon laughed again.

“Okay.. Okay.. Im sorry but really Im just being your friend here. Im helping you ofcourse. By laughing at your stupidity. Isnt that what friends do?” Taeyeon continued talking but her eyes were fixated at her junior nurse who had just walked out of the bathroom.

“Okay, talk to you later.. Yeah, call me when you need someone to laugh at you again.” Taeyeon placed her phone to her side table before resuming to the book she was reading earlier before her friend called her. “You look so gloomy..” She took notice.

Yuri only gave her a small smile.

Taeyeon put the book down. Its not like Yuri to just give her a smile; to be sad in general so it sort of worried her a bit. “What’s up?”

“Jessica..”

“Whats up with her?”

“She turned me down.” Yuri answered. Taeyeon then remembered that Yuri was on a date with Jessica couple of hours ago.

“It didn’t went well huh?”

Yuri nodded. “She said, she doesn’t like how touchy and nice I am to other girls. I told her it was only her but still she turned me down.”

“You’ve fallen for her hard huh?” Yuri nodded again then when the words sunk in, she shook her head. “Ahh no.. no I don’t love her if that’s what youre thinking.. I just felt bad cause I really like her but what else can I do, she turned me down.”

“You know, I don’t get you. You do relationships even when you really don’t love the girl. How that works for you?”

“Just fine. Im still young anyway. I don’t want to rush to anything serious yet.” Taeyeon shook her head. She’s been there too. At her age, she had done a lot of things and experience was her best teacher, that’s why now she never jump into something without any plans or proper decision making thus the reason why she’s still single.

Don’t get Taeyeon wrong. She has her moments too. She’s done one night stands and been into couple of open relationships but she’s always been the romantic type although it doesn’t show much since she always has this professional look covering her real self. She wants a perfect relationship; a long and lasting one.

People always see her as a strict and on point doctor who doesn’t have a social life, well that’s something people always mistook her but in her reality, she wasn’t like that at all and she has her friends to testify that.

And relationship to her was something sacred that needs proper planning and not something to experiment on.

Lets just say she knows how to play and she know when to stop playing. Its how she is.

And that’s why, even though she likes Tiffany and the latter obviously likes her too, she’s still not jumping into anything. She’s doing everything by her book, slowly but surely.

There’s still one thing bothering her anyway..

The card.

So even if she wants to be in a relationship either with Tiffany or someone else, she needs to be more careful than ever, she doesn’t want anything bad to happen to her or to her would-be lover, does she?

 

“Ohh by the way, have you heard from Tiffany?” Yuri asked her before the tanned junior nurse went back inside the bathroom.

“Tiffany? Wasn’t she in your team though? Why are you asking me?” Taeyeon asked back.

“Well, she hasn’t been coming here for days now. Don’t tell me you haven’t noticed yet?” Yuri peeked through the open door with full of toothpaste.

“She hasn’t? Last time I saw her was when she told me she’ll be Dr. Cho’s volunteer assistant.”

“Maybe she’s sick.. Dont you want to come and visit her?”

“Why would I? And besides I don’t even know where she lives.” Taeyeon deadpanned although it had worried her to think that Tiffany had been sick that’s why she wasn’t able to come for her duty.

“Lucky you..” Yuri started; walking over to her bag where she fished her pocket notebook which she threw at Taeyeon. “I managed to ask her that. Good luck lover boy.” Yuri even winked at her which Taeyeon just rolled her eyes at.

Looking at the scribbles on the note, Taeyeon stood up and changed.

Well, its not bad to visit a friend, is it?