Card XXII

Tarot Card

Taeyeon pulled the hand break and turned the car's engine off as soon as she was sure that she parked Sooyoung's car properly in front of her apartment. 

She glanced over to Jessica who just fell asleep before they rounded the corner earlier.

The short doctor smiled, feeling happier than she have ever been.

There's a feeling of contentment in her chest as she stared at her girlfriend's face. Who wouldve thought that things would end this way? That after all the fiasco, she'll still got the girl?

She should probably thank Elder Liu and her mom since they have been a tool for her to meet Jessica.

Funny how fate works. Her mom opened the door for her, while Elder Liu showed the way and Amber helped her get to her destination which is Jessica. Sadly though, she had to hurt someone along the way.

Taeyeon felt a little responsible for Tiffany's death since she's the one who literally pushed the girl off the window but she knew she had to do that or more life would be in danger. She had no other choice since Tiffany is already out of control.

She just felt sorry for Tiffany, she wouldve been a good friend.

Her phone rung and in its screen flashed Nurse Kwon Yuri's name.

"Hey whats up?"  She greeted. 

She's also thankful to Yuri who had risked her life to save her and Jessica despite being dumped by the latter. Atleast Taeyeon doesnt have to deal with a bitter co-worker in the hospital.

"Just giving a report. CEO Lee is furious. He know youre in a conspiracy with Sooyoung and he'll have you both arrested if you dont bring his daughter back." Taeyeon heard her friend's infectious laugh.

"Should I still go to work tomorrow or should I resign?" She joined Yuri in a laughing spree.

"Your choice but know that all your patients will be so sad if you go. Theyre already a handful for today, they keep looking for you so please go to work tomorrow."

"I will."

"How's Jessica?" Taeyeon had been updating Yuri about everything that happened after Tiffany's death -- their tour to their resident psychologist, Jessica reclaimed memory, Jessica's blood relation to Sooyoung and Jessica's sister who's in a state of coma in one of their hospital rooms.

"Tired. She's sleeping right now as we speak." Taeyeon glanced over to her sleeping girlfriend and smiled; genuinely contented and happy.

"Alright, I'll stop disturbing you now." There was a pause before Yuri spoke again, "Im happy for you Taeyeon."

"Thanks Yuri. I owe you this one."

"You dont owe me anything. Youre just lucky that what I felt for Jessica isnt as deep as what you feel for her. That and I know how to surrender a losing battle." She could already imagine Yuri smiling at the other line. Taeyeon knows that her friend is just teasing her in a very Yuri-way and really, only Yuri could get away with it.

They ended the call and the short doctor decided to wake her girlfriend up.

After some shaking and calling out Jessica's name, the sleeping ice princess woke up.

She chuckled, the name does suit Jessica well, not only the girl loves sleeping, she's also an ice princess but somehow Taeyeon knew that behind all that coldness, Jessica is a very warm-hearted person and has a big heart that the former felt bad because she thinks Jessica did not deserve all the bad things that happened to her the past few months.

Its really funny how the hands of fate worked on both of them. 

But in all honesty, Taeyeon thinks that all those tragedies just strengthened her love for Jessica, not only their relationship but their growing bond as well.

"Are we home?" Jessica asked, still sleepy.

Taeyeon offered her a smile, "Yes, we are home."