Card XXI

Tarot Card

"Seriously Taeyeon, amusement park?" The short doctor nodded her head while smiling widely at her girlfriend who was in disbelief. "And you said.."

As if knowing what her girlfriend was about to say, Taeyeon finished it for her. "Somewhere close to my heart. Im not lying. This amusement park holds great memories." The short doctor said as she pulled her girlfriend towards the ticket booth. "Two please." The ticket lady handed her two wristband tickets that Taeyeon gladly put around Jessica's wrist and the latter helped her after.

Soon, the couple was strolling around the amusement park.

"Earlier, you said this place holds great memories.." Jessica started and when Taeyeon just looked at her, she continued, "Did you bring a lot of your exes here?"

The question made the short doctor laughed and Jessica had the urge to hit her by the shoulder, so she did. "Im serious Tae."

"Sorry. Cant help it. Youre prying, does that mean your jealous?" A question that was answered with "No Im not. Why would I be? Theyre your past for a reason. Im just asking. If you dont want to answer, fine, then dont." 

Taeyeon followed Jessica who walked ahead of her in long strides. Chuckling, she yanked Jessica back towards her. Their bodies colliding in such an impact that made her girlfriend gasp. "Youre cute, you know that? And no. This amusement park has nothing to do with any of my exes. In fact, I havent brought any girl here before till now."

"Youre lying." Jessica, who still doesnt want to admit that she is a little bit jealous of Taeyeon's exes which she hadnt even heard anything about, inssited but when she got a good look at the short doctor's eyes, her face softened.

"Its my dad. He used to bring me here back when he was still alive."

"Im sorry."

"Whenever Im sad, he tbrings me here and then we'll ride everything till our knees gave up." It wasnt a sensitive topic, but opening it up to Jessica, Taeyeon felt like she took their relationship to another level. She had just opened another door of her life for Jessica to see and in all honesty, it felt good. 

"Are you sad?" There was concern and uncertainty on Jessica's voice and Taeyeon doesnt want her girlfriend to think that it has anything to do with her so she immediately answered, "No. Im not. Im happy actually. I just want to share my happy memories with you thats why I brought you here."

That answer instantly brought a smile on Jessica's face.

"And I want you to be happy too. I know this isnt the best time considering everything that happened but I just want to show you that despite all those tragedies, there's still a reason to be happy."

"And I could find it in an amusement park?" 

Taeyeon let Jessica go and they started walking again. "No, I was actually going to say because you have me, but you already know that so.." Jessica suddenly stopped on her tracks and Taeyeon doesnt know if she said something wrong, so she asked, "Jessica?"

"I have you.." Jessica repeated under her breath.

"You do. Im yours now you know." It hadnt really sink in just yet since Jessica had a lot in her minds; her parent's death, her sister in a coma, stuffs that awaits her at her work. Even when she moved in with Taeyeon, that fact hadnt dawned onto her yet because Taeyeon had been busy that they rarely see other and they didnt really had much time together till now. "Is that okay?"

Jessica didnt answer but Taeyeon took the pink hues around her girlfriend's cheeks as an answer.

With a wider smile, the short doctor dragged her girlfriend t every ride she and her late father rode before till they found themselves drained of energy, feet sore from too much running, walking and standing.

The two decided to get some snack. Ice cream for Taeyeon and chocolate cake for Jessica. They talked about everything and anything that crossed their minds. Theyre still in the 'getting-to-know' stage and theyre glad that they had the whole day to spend knowing the basics; like how Jessica hates cucumbers and how Taeyeon loves dogs. They found out new things about each other and with every new information, they just find themselves falling for each other more.

"So what brought you to be a doctor? Ive heard youre good at arts, so why took Medicine and not Fine Arts?" Jessica asked as she finished her third cake.

"My Dad. He was sick with cancer. I wanted to treat him but he was too eager to go. He died right after my high school graduation. That old man, he didnt even wait till I get to introduce someone I like." Taeyeon laughed and assured Jessica that its okay for them to talk about her dad. "Its been years Jessica. Im sure he's happy wherever he might be now."

Then Jessica frowned and Taeyeon already had an idea why. "You know, your parents wont be happy if youre always sad. Smile. Things will be better, soon."

"Because I have you?"

Taeyeon offered her girlfriend a smile, genuine and warm. "Yes, because you have me."