Card III

Tarot Card

Taeyeon almost forgot about the card if it wasn’t for her junior nurse who kept on asking her about it. Well, actually, she was trying to, he eve once thought of throwing it but oddly, she cant find it in herself to throw the card; as if some force were preventing her from doing so, so she ended up hiding it beneath her piles of clothes in her cabinet.

“Come on Doc, don’t you want to know?” Her junior nurse asked her and Taeyeon swore she’d zip off if she can.

“Know what?” Taeyeon pretended she wasn’t interested in the slightest but who was she kidding anyway, ofcourse she’s interested to know. Its not everyday she gets to meet someone interesting.

“If she’s also into you.”

“I didn’t say Im into her.” Taeyeon resumed reading her book after throwing her junior nurse a glare.

“With the way you stared at her the whole day, specifically her ? I kind of doubt that.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes and closed the book before facing her junior nurse.

“Look, I came here for the summit and not for the outreach program.”

“Isnt that the main purpose of the program though, help the patients? Well, youre going to help her with her needs, free of charge. You helping her.” Taeyeon shook her head after she saw her jnunior nurse wiggled her brows in a very suggestive way she knows so well.. For being under her wings, her junior nurse had known everything about her and in fact share the same interests as her; but mainly girls. But between the two, Taeyeon was never the blatant one.

“Yuri.. I didn’t came here for that kind of help. Sure Tiffany is cute, adorable..”

“And y..” Yuri cut her in and for the second time Taeyeon just rolled her eyes. “What? Im just saying.”

“But I don’t mix pleasure with business, and you should too. Don’t give me that look, I saw you flirting around Tiffany’s sister.”

“Well, sorry if the girl is flirt-worthy enough. Cant blame me, she just has this mysterious aura over her, and I cant help it, Im a curious girl. ”

“Didn’t know youre into those types of women.”

“Me neither.” And they both laugh at that. And when silence took over them, it was Yuri who spoke first. “So, did you find anything about the card?” Taeyeon just shook her head.

“You mean you went all the way there for nothing?”

“The old woman is dead.” And her junior nurse can only mutter an “Ohh” before they fell into an awkward silence.

“So what are you planning to do with the card? Your love life? Tiffany?”

Taeyeon looked at Yuri with the most confused look she tends to do when she’s in the middle of a case study. “And how did Tiffany get into this, may I ask?”

“Well, if youre planning to get it on with her, might as well do something about that card and the reading first, don’t you think? And besides, you still don’t know what the writing at the back means. What if this will really make your lovelife miserable? What will happen to you and Tiffany then?”

“Yuri.. Yuri.. Yuri.. When was the last time you get laid?” Taeyeon asked out of nowhere. Yuri was at first confuse at the sudden query but answered,nonetheles. “Before we went here for the summit. why?”

“That explains it." Taeyeon reached over to her side table to turn off her light. The last thing she wants to worry about now was the card and sleeping would be the best excuse to not talk about it more.

"Explains what Doc?"

"That youre only playing cupid here just to have your way with Jessica. And Im telling you now, its never going to happen." Taeyeon was already tucked inside her blanket and rolled to her left since Yuri's lampshade was still on.

"You getting y naughty with Tiffany, or me having with Jessica?"

"The latter." And Taeyeon felt something hit her back, Yuri had just thrown her a pillow which she took and used it as a bolster "Thanks Yul, Go sleep.. We still have an early call tomorrow."

"Aye aye Doc.." She then heard Yuri shuffled on her bed and after a while,she heard her junior nurse's steady breathing, a sign that Yuri was now asleep, while she was surprisingly wide awake, considering how chaotic her day as been. And now she was left thinking to herself. 

What if her lovelife indeed became miserable because of the card? What then? Was she suppose to do something about it? But what and how would she do it? What will happen to her lovelife then? To Tiffany?

Taeyeon shook her head, feeling a litle bit stupid for even thinking about the card as if her lovelife depends on it. Maybe its not or maybe it is, but thn again, she cant let a card determine her future. Its for her to wield and if she wants Tiffany to be in it, she can do whatever in hell she wants. It is her life and she's going to decide who she's going to let inside her life.