Card VIII

Tarot Card

"Taeyeon.... Tae.." The short-legged doctor blinked twice before her sight focused on the person who was calling her name. For a moment there, she thought her colleague, Dr. Choi Sooyoung, was Jessica.

"Yah Kim Taeyeon..Ive been waking you up for the past ten minutes already, Jesus." Taeyeon sat up, she then realized that she had fallen asleep waiting for her friend in their lounge area.  "What are you dreaming exactly, youre and groaning like a maniac there."

"Sorry. I must be so tired."

"Or youre having a ing wet dream. Jesus Taeyeon, cant you wait till you get to be with your girl-- whats her name again? Tina? Ti.."

"Tiffany." Taeyeon corrected her friend as she dragged her fingers through her hair. "And its not about her."

"Not her? Then someone else? Wait, woah, hold up yoh. Are you telling me that your sailing two rivers at the same time now? Tae thats just bad, really, really bad Kim Taeyeon." The two friends started walking towards the hospital's  main exit with Taeyeon leading the way.

"Im not okay. I just, I dont know. Its crazy cause we barely even communicate with each other. So I dont know why Ive been having dreams about her lately." Taeyeon confided.

"Wet dreams you mean." That earned Sooyoung a death glare. "Okay, okay. Sorry. Innocent dreams, I meant Innocent dreams."

"And besides, Jessica is Tiffany's sister and Yuri is hitting on her, so I dont know, really."

"Ohh hold up yoh.." Sooyoung blocked her friend's way; arms spread out like a bird's wings and considering her towering height over Taeyeon, the latter instinctively took a step back. "Youre falling for Yuri's girl and your girl's sister?"

"I didnt say I was falling for her, okay? I just said I was having dreams about her."

"How long has it been?"

"A week and a half or more...?" Was Taeyeon's answer; uncertainty was so obvious on her tone.

"What exactly are you dreaming about her anyway?" Once the car door was closed, Sooyoung drove them to their destination.

"Its a blur really. First I'd be dreaming kissing Tiffany then next thing I know, she's Jessica. Its always the same sequence." Taeyeon answered while looking outside the window; mind definitely somewhere else.

"There's only one explanation for that Tae, youre falling for her."

Taeyeon remained silent but aftersometime she mumbled, "Can you really fall for someone you barely know that quick?"

"Well, its somewhat the same with mine --- Can you really fall for someone you hate that quick?" That made the two friends burst out laughing and once the moment subsided, Taeyeon asked. "How are you and Sunny anyway?"

"I dont know. She's really trying to pretend she doesnt love me anymore."

"Maybe she really doesnt."

"That's bull Tae.. She still loves me. I can feel it with the way she returned my kisses."

Taeyeon cut Sooyoung off. "Is this going to be a rated convo, cause Im not in the mood with anything -related yet specially yours."

"No Tae, nothing happened, well aside from that almost.."

"Okay, okay. I dont really want to know the details." Taeyeon even covered her ears that made Sooyoung laugh even louder.

"So what are you going to do Tae?" The short doctor fell into deep thinking. She doesnt really know what she's supposed to do. She knows she likes Tiffany and its obvious that the girl likes her back but then Jessica managed to own a space of both her heart and mind. Its shouldnt be that hard since Jessica has never shown any interest on her not to mention there's also Yuri. She doesnt want to cause anyone's heart ache.

"Nothing. What should I do anyway? Like as if I can really do something about it." Taeyeon lamented.

"Right." Then the car fell silent again. Needless to say, both Taeyeon and Sooyoung know their situation was somewhat the same with Sooyoung falling for someone she thought she hated and Taeyeon's probability of falling for someone she least epected. It wasnt the first time that they've been in that kind of situation, its as if fate was playing with them--- never did it happened that one of them was in a relationship while the other stayed single, cause as far as they can remember, when one of them is committed the other is also committed same goes too when theyre single.

Without the knowing, theyve reached their destination quite faster than they expected.

"Well, what's the best way to forget our problems other than getting drunk, right?" Taeyeon shook her head, she shouldve known when her tall friend asked her to hang out earlier that she'll be going home drunk or probably she wouldnt be able to reach home at all.

"Dont drink too much. Mom is waiting for me at thome."

"Tae, youre old enough to move the hell out of your parents home, why dont you just get your own apartment?" For the nth time since they graduated college, Sooyoung had always been asking her to get her own pad but Taeyeon doesnt want to leave her mother alone so she decided not to go even when it was her own mother kicking her out of their house.

"I will, once I found the right person for me." Taeyeon doesnt know why but when she said those words she thought about Jessica and how will their life be if they were to live together.

"Taeyeon, are you blushing?" Sooyoung was about to poke her cheeks but she as quick to slap her hand off. "I dont blush and please stop doing these things out in the public, no wonder some people think of us as a couple."

"Ohh I thought they only think of us as gays?"

"Obviously they do.They think were gays alright, gay for each other." Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Everytime they go to bars, people would always think they were an item since Sooyoung always tends to act so clingy and sweet towards Taeyeon.

"As long as they think of me as the man in the relationship, Im good with it."

"And why should you be the man in this twisted relationship?"

"Simple, I got the guy's height whereas you....."

"Dont you dare go to the height issue Choi Sooyoung..."

The tall doctor raaised both her hands in surrender. "See, hands up. Im all hands up."

After sometime in the bar, where they already finished few bottles of beer and after some quite incident that led for the two friend to retire early to their repective homes, Taeyeon found herself staring straight at her white ceiling.

"What should I do?" She asked herself. She only has a week off from the summit and then she'll be back in the island with Tiffany and Jessica and Yuri; and somehow it burdens her to think that she'll be torn in between her growing infatuation towards Tiffany and her growing curiosity towards Jessica.

Curiosity kills the cat, they say and Taeyeon thinks that if she keeps being curious about Jessica she'll soon be a dead cat; a dead in love cat to be exact.

Then Taeyeon suddenly laughed at her own thought.

"Im just dead who's in love with a cat, cause Jessica looks like a cat, a beautiful grumpy scary cat." Then Taeyeon laughed again.

"Ohh god, Im so lame." She then wiped her whole face with her palm. "What did you do to me Jessica?"