Card XIX

Tarot Card

It was another day at the hospital and Doctor Kim Taeyeon was sure that its going to be a long one since her assistant already told her schedule for the day.

Her phone chimed and it was a message from Jessica. She got used to calling her girlfriend by that name and the latter didnt mind, Jessica even told her, 'I love the way you say it, sounds y.' which made the short doctor red in the face.

'Still at my parents house. See you later.' Was what the message said and it instantly drew a smile upon Taeyeon's face.

Since Jessica got her memories back, she refused to stay in their house, Taeyeon offered hers with the notion that she's not asking Jessica to move in just yet; theyre still in the first phase of their relationship and are still getting to know each other. The short doctor was just considerate enough to offer her home because she knew that her girlfriend was still in pain and memories will just prolong her pain, and besides, whats the best way to know each other more if not to live together, right?

Sooyoung, who was with them when they talked about Jessica moving in to Taeyeon's house temporarily, even teased them that its a big step theyre making. She even warned her bestfriend that if she ever cheat on her cousin, she'll kill her. But Jessica was quick to say, "I'll kill her myself. Im quite capable on that part."

It had been good two days since Jessica moved in and all Taeyeon was worrying about was her girlfriend's nightmares at night. Jessica would cry and scream in her sleep and Taeyeon doesnt know what to do except hug her crying girlfriend back to sleep.

And now she's motivated to just make Jessica happy, to make her smile everyday so that she'll forget every painful things that happened and replace them with happy ones. She knew it'll be hard and it'll take some time, but she wants to do it, and she'll definitely do it.

'Alright, cant wait to see you. Work's a hell, please save me.' she typed back with emojis, something she never had done before. And it seemed that the things she never want to do, she's naturally doing it for Jessica, being overly sweet and acting cute for example.

She was about to head out to get some fresh air since she has no other patients till late afternoon when she saw Amber running towards their lift.

"Hey Amber." She called out and she didnt missed how Amber's eyes seemed to be watery, like she was on the verge of crying. 

"Im in a hurry. Please tell Sooyoung I need to talk to her about the amulet."

Taeyeon nodded before the lift closed. Her phone suddenly rung and it was Sooyoung. "Hey, Amber's looking for you. Give her a call later, I think she has an emergency right now, so dont bother her."

"Alright. Just giving you a report. Sooyeon's sleeping again. So you might want to carry her out of my car later. Were on our way to the hospital now. She said a damsel in distress needs some saving and Im going to assume its you."

Taeyeon just laughed and ended the call.

One thing she had learned from their first two days together, Jessica loves sleeping more than anything.

Not that Taeyeon has anything against that, but sometimes, Jessica sleeps so much and she's just again worried that whenever she's not around, no one hugs Jessica back to sleep whenever she's having some nightmares.