Card XVIII

Tarot Card

"Jessica?" Taeyeon called her girlfriend again and shook her a little by the shoulders. The crying girl lifted her head and with teary eyes stared at her.

Taeyeon wanted to confirm that her girlfriend still knows her so she asked "Do you know me? I mean.." Taeyeon paused and tried again, more subtle this time. "Do you remember me?" 

"Ofcourse I do. Youre Dr. Kim Taeyeon.." The crying girl replied in between faint sobs, momentarily forgetting that she's asking for Doctor Choi Sooyoung.

"And do you know what I am to you?" Taeyeon asked, and relief washed over her when Jessica answered, "Youre my girlfriend."

Plopping herself next to her girlfriend, Taeyeon heaved a sigh, "You scared me for a moment there. I thought you forgot about me already."

"Silly, the doctor said Im not going to forget anything other than recollecting my past during hypnosis." Jessica sat up straight and accepted the tissue the short doctor gave her.

"What?" Taeyen asked when her girlfriend said something she didnt understand.

"Sooyeon." Jessica said as she took another tissue from her. "My real name is Sooyeon, Jung Sooyeon. Not Jessica."

"Ohh.." Taeyeon mumbled. Then her eyes grew wide as she realized. "Ohh... Youre Sooyeon. Youre Sooyoung's cousin." Jessica nodded her head. "Do you remember everything now?" Again, Jessica nodded.

The two walked back to Taeyeon's office and handed Jessica a cup of chocolate milk to warm her up.

"Im sorry about what happened.." Taeyeon said as she watched her girlfriend drink her chocolate milk.

"Youre not the one driving the truck that day." Taeyeon nodded her head. "But still Im sorry for not coming to your life earlier, I couldve met your parents." At that tears started to form at the edge of Jessica's eyes.

"It was a little foggy that day. Mom were busy handing me and Soohyun some sandwiches and Dad didnt see an old woman cross the road. I saw fear in mom's eyes when Dad tried not to hit the old woman, but as he did so, we went out of our lane and almost hit a truck. The truck managed to turn to avoid us but it was too late, our car hit his side wheel and we crashed. I was the only one who wasnt wearing a seat belt so I managed to crawl out of the car and asked for help. I walked and walked but no car came by, but before I lose my consciousness, I saw two people walking towards my direction."

"Its probably the Hwangs." Taeyeon concluded.

"I need to call home, so they'd know Im okay." Jessica's face changed as she wiped her tears dry again. "They must be worried sick now." Taeyeon fell silent. She doesnt know what to tell her girlfriend. "They survived the car accident right? Right Taeyeon?"

"I think I need to call Sooyoung now." With that Taeyeon reached for her phone and dialed her bestfriend's number. But unfortunately, not one of her 15 calls were answered. "Where the hell are you when youre needed the most Choi Sooyoung. Arggh damn it."

"Taeyeon.. Please tell me whats wrong?" The short doctor sighed and sat back next to Jessica. She took her hand in hers and squeezed it tightly. "Your car fell off a cliff Jessica. Your parents died and your sister Soohyun is now in a coma."

Jessica shook her head. "No, that cant be. My mom and dad was unconscious when I left the car but Soohyun, she's awake when I left. I even told her I'd ask for help."

With tears streaming down her face, Jessica let Taeyeon enveloped her in her arms. "But help didnt come because I got taken away. I got taken away." Then Jessica bawled her eyes out with the sad news. 

She just got her memories back, and whilst its something they should celebrate about, news of her parents death and a comatose sister robbed her of happiness.

"I want to see Soohyun, Tae. I want to see her." Taeyeon caressed her girlfriend's back. "Okay. We''ll go and see her. Lets just wait for Sooyoung, okay?"

"Okay." And after crying for more than half an hour, Jessica fell asleep.