Saturday Out

The Identity I Never Knew

 

Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Donghae and Hyukjae have been hanging out for the past 3 months now. Hyukjae was still constantly being bullied but he doesn't tell Sungmin or Kyuhyun. They have deathly auras around them whenever that topic was brought up. 
 
"Hey! Let's go somewhere on Saturday!" Sungmin announced excitedly.
 
"I can't. I have work" Donghae answered while reading a book.
 
"Quit that job! We can give you money if you want to you know" Kyuhyun said without leaving his eyes on his PSP.
 
"Do you ever stop playing that thing?" Donghae asked. Hyukjae laughed while Sungmin rolled her eyes.
 
"That game console is more important than me. I'd rather date Hyukjae here because he's gonna be a much better boyfriend than that geek" Sungmin whined as she held onto Hyukjae's arms.
 
Donghae laughed while Hyukjae shivered as Kyuhyun send him death glares. "Sungmin, you know, if looks can kill, I'd be dead by now. Your boyfriend is shooting me death glares" But Sungmin just tightened her grip on Hyukjae and pouted.
 
Kyuhyun turned off his PSP (a miracle that only Sungmin can do mind you) and ran his hand through his hair in frustration. "I'll buy you that dress later so please come back to me?" Kyuhyun said with open arms. She smiled and threw herself to Kyuhyun's arms. Hyukjae let out a sigh of relief. 
 
"Hey! I'll let you off the hook on Saturday" Kyuhyun said. Donghae raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Teukie-uma owns that cafe. She told me on the day I sent the picture of me and Min kissing" Donghae's mouth made an 'O' shape making her look more like a fish. 
 
"Then Saturday it is" Sungmin said excitedly. Hyukjae chuckled at the sight of his friend. "Wear something beautiful Donghae or else" she threatened. Donghae gulped.
 
~SATURDAY~
 
Donghae woke up 6:30 AM just to find the right outfit that would please Sungmin. Their call time was still 4 hours away but she doesn't like the idea of Sungmin's threat to her. She felt like she's gonna regret it if she blatantly defy the bunny princess. Yes, she considers Sungmin as a princess. A warrior princess. She looked around her room and face palmed herself. It was as if a storm passed by and messed up her room.
 
"Seriously! Why haven't I gone out to shop for clothes? Maybe I'll ask Sungmin to help me?" She shook her head. 'She'll buy me a lot of pink stuff since it's her ' she said to herself. 
 
She took another glance at her room. Her room was painted Royal blue. She loves blue. On one side is where she placed her plushies and stuffed toys near her bed. On the other side is her study table beside the window. It's considerably small but she fits inside so she doesn't care. 
 
She heaved another sigh and went downstairs to cook breakfast. "Screw the consequence! I'll just go with my normal outfit" she told herself as she heads down the kitchen.
 
~MEANWHILE~
 
Hyukjae stirred in his bed. His hair is a bit messy. He glanced at his clock. The time says 7:00AM. "Too early" he groaned. But he gets up and started his morning. Without his weird hairstyle, nerdy glasses and too formal uniform he looks hot. He has a toned body but he lets himself hide in a facade. He couldn't care less. He fixed himself up and head straight to the kitchen after an hour and 30 minutes of styling his hair. 
 
~10:30AM~
 
Donghae and Hyukjae were there already. Kyuhyun came next followed by a cute Sungmin. She was all smiles but when she saw how horrible, sorry for the term, Donghae looked, she frowned. 
 
"YAH! LEE DONGHAE! What did I tell you about wearing something beautiful? You look horrible!!!" Sungmin shouted in an exaggeretad way.
 
"I agree with her on this noona. You too, hyung. You should at least get rid of those nerdy glasses you know and start wearing something nice" Kyuhyun stated.
 
"Sungmin, I tried finding suitable clothes that you would like and I found none. This is the most normal clothing I could find. Sorry for disappointing you" Donghae apologized, her gaze never leaving the floor.
 
"What kind of clothing do you have anyway?" Sungmin asked out of curiousity.
 
"T-shirts, jeans, khaki pants and a whole lot of T-shirt, oh and did I mentioned T-shirt? I was never a fan of skirts or dresses and I have no time to doll up so..." she trailed off, blush visible on her face.
 
"Do you ever go shopping noona?" Kyuhyun asked. She shook her head and Sungmin gasped. "How 'bout you hyung? You're too quiet, are you still with us?"
 
"Yea, I'm still here. I go shopping every once in awhile but I prefer this outfit" 
 
"We are so gonna split up! Kyuhyun, take Hyukjae while I take Donghae. Let's meet up here at around 2, ok?" 
 
'She's in her warrior mode again' Donghae and Hyukjae groaned as the couple pulled them in different directions. Hyukjae gave out a small smile to Donghae who returned it with a 'Fighting' pose.
 
"First we need to get rid of those glasses hyung" Kyuhyun stated and frowned as he pointed to the glasses Hyukjae is wearing as if it is the most disgusting thing in the world. 
 
"Kyuhyun, I don't need a make-over" Hyukjae said as he pulled off his glasses and messes his hair. He opened a few buttons of his shirt and pulled it out of his pants. Kyuhyun gasped.
 
"Hyung! You're..." he fidgeted, finding the right word "HOT! Why do you hide yourself as a nerd guy when you can definitely make girls fall head over heels for you?" The two loooked around and saw a lot of girls checking them out. Hyukjae pulled them in the nearest washroom.
 
"I don't really know. I don't want to show up looking like this to Donghae and Sungmin. They'll freak out. So keep this a secret" Kyuhyun just nodded. Not really getting his point. Hyukjae sensed the confusion of the younger one beside him "I don't want people to see only my face and be blinded by what I truly am" he heaved out a sigh.
 
Finally getting what Hyukjae meant, Kyuhyun asked again "But why don't you want Sungmin and Donghae-noona to know your secret? I'm sure they'll understand" Hyukjae shook his head. "I really thought you're the genius one here" Hyukjae teased.
 
"Hyung, I know you like Donghae-noona, but why are you keeping this a secret from her?" Kyuhyun asked, obviously annoyed by the teasing. Hyukjae blushed furiously.
 
"Is it that obvious?" he asked.
 
"To me yes, because I'm a genius. Sungmin also noticed. But Noona is dense. She may be smart but she's dense when it comes to things related to her"
 
"So, you mean to say, she still doesn't know?" Kyuhyun nodded. A smile crept from Hyukjae's face.
 
"Hyung, just confess to her" Hyukjae shook his head.
 
"Now is not the time" he stated and started fixing himself up again. 'Not the time my ! You're just scared. But oh well, he's
as dense as her. Making them even more compatible' Kyuhuyun just sighed.
 
Meanwhile, on the other side of the town, Donghae was being dragged from store to store. To her, her outfit is pretty normal. She's got her tied up in a ponytail. She's wearing a loose sweatshirt and jeans. Her only accessory is her glasses. Yes, she's wearing glasses not  because she needs to but because she wants to. She likes to hide her face so as not to attract attention.
 
On the other hand, Sungmin was all dolled up casually. And since I'm not good in fashion, just imagine her struting her stuff or something. Anyway...
 
"Sungmin, I'm already tired! This is the 11th store we visited. And it's only been an hour! Aren't you tired yet??" Donghae whined.
 
"We need to be fast. This is a make-over and shopping at the same time. I need to get you loaded up for battle" she said as she checks out the fabric of the dress she's currently holding.
 
"What battle are you talking about?" Donghae asked exasperatedly.
 
"A battle to win Hyukjae's heart" Donghae blushed furiously at this statement. Her heart skipped a beat. "Stop blushing and try this on" Sungmin handed her the dress. Donghae placed 10 paper bags on the floor as she heads towards the fitting room. 
 
After shopping for clothes and accessories, in which I don't want to detail out because as I've said earlier I'm not good with fashion, they head to the salon. And by 2PM they were done.
 
~2PM~
 
As soon as Sungmin and Donghae reached the said meeting place, Kyuhyun's jaw dropped.
 
"Close your mouth Kyu, I know I did a good job. Where's Hyukjae?" Sungmin asked as she kissed Kyuhyun's cheek and closed his mouth.
 
"Min, how did you do that? Are you perhaps a fairy godmother or something? She's perfect, but not as perfect as you by the way" Donghae blushed. Kyuhyun pecked Sungmin's lips just as Hyukjae arrived.
 
"Kyu! He looks the same. What did you two do while we were out shopping?"
 
"Game center" Hyukjae and Kyuhyun answered in unison. Hyukjae was drinking his strawberry milk. But as soon as his eyes landedd on Donghae he spitted the milk in meer astonishment. Good thing it didn't land on anyone. 
 
"Hyung, close your mouth. You're drooling!" Kyuhyun whispered. Hyukjae obliged but kept on staring at Donghae, who, in his eyes, just turned into a goddess.
 
"Min, honestly, are you Donghae's fairy godmother by any chance?" 
 
"I suppose so. Hyukjae, would you mind carrying Donghae's paper bag?"
 
"Oh, no! It's alright. I can take care of it myself" 'Although it really is heavy since Sungmin bought at least half of the clothes this district is selling' Donghae thought.
 
"The princess shouldn't be carrying stuff like this" Hyukjae said as he took the bags from a blushing Donghae.
 
"Since when did he become poetic?" Sungmin whispered to Kyuhyun.
 
"I don't know. He's usually quiet" Kyuhyun answered while taking out his PSP.
 
"Oh no, you don't Cho Kyuhyun! You just went to a game center for crying out loud!" Sungmin shouted and took away the game console. Kyuhyun pouted.
 
"Uh~ guys! I'm hungry. Can we please eat now?" Donghae asked. The rest nodded.
 
"I don't want to eat with a bunch of luggage. Let's just send these home" Kyuhyun stated.
 
"Which house?" Hyukjae asked.
 
"Since my house is the nearest, drop it in my house. We'll pick them up later" Sungmin suggested. Everyone agreed.
 
Inside the restaurant, a lot of guys were checking out the girls while a  lot of girls were checking out Kyuhyun. "We should really do something about you Hyukjae" Sungmin said blatantly. 
 
"I'm fine. I don't really care if I'm the odd one out" Hyukjae said simply. 'Besides, if I remove this facade of mine, who knows what would happen'
 
After eating lunch, they went to another round of shopping, much to Donghae's dismay. Hyukjae chuckled at Donghae's reaction. They have been a head-turner (or something like that) ever since the make-over, much to, this time, Hyukjae's dismay. Kyuhyun noticed Hyukjae's reaction so he suggested they go to somewhere peaceful. They head to a karaoke bar. 
 
"So, who will sing a song first?" Sungmin asked. Hyukjae and Donghae shook their heads while Kyuhyun just shrugged and took the microphone. He sang 'Snail' and everyone was awed at how amazing he was.
 
"I didn't know you could sing" Donghae stated, still amazed at her dongsaeng's secret talent.
 
"Only my shower knows about this. You should hear Yesung hyung sing though. He's much more amazing than me" he chuckled. "Min, you're next!" Sungmin sang 'Falling Slowly'. After her song, Kyuhyun pecked her on the cheek. "My bunny is so talented. We are definitely compatible!" Sungmin blushed. "So, who's next?" Kyuhyun asked. Donghae looked at Hyukjae. He shook his head furiously. Donghae sighed. 
 
"I guess it's my turn then" Donghae sang 'Coagulation'. (I know he never sang this but I couldn't think of any) "I'm not much of a singer. Sorry!" she announced as the song ended. 
 
"Aww Donghae! That was still beautiful!" Sungmin said. "But not as beautiful as my Kyu's" Everyone laughed.  "Hyukjae, how about you?"
 
"I'll just be an audience. I'm not a good singer. Please spare me the embarassment" he pleaded. Everyone laughed again. 
 
They left the karaoke bar when it was already 7PM. They went inside a restaurant to eat dinner. They didn't notice that Heechul and her family was there. 'Was that Kyuhyun? Who's he with?' she asked herself. "Mom, excuse me for a moment. I think I saw a friend of mine. And please tell dad to hurry up?"
 
"Go ahead dear. But please be back soon" Mrs. Kim said. Heechul nodded and headed straight to Kyuhyun's table. "Good evening Kyuhyun and company!"
 
"Noona!!" Kyuhyun almost shouted. "What are you doing here?" he asked excitedly. Since he's been hanging out a lot with the 3, he rarely sees the rest of the Stars.
 
"Eating dinner with my parents. My dad just got home. How 'bout you? Having a double date?" she teased. Donghae, Hyukjae and Sungmin blushed. 
 
"Something like that" he replied with a grin. A family entered the restaurant. Donghae, as to distract herself from the conversation, glanced at the door and saw a very familiar face.
 
"Who're you with anyway? I recognize this bunny and this nerd, but this girl..." she trailed off looking at Donghae from head to toe. Donghae's eyes widened. She stood up and heads toward the family.
 
"Donghae? What's wrong? Where are you going?" Sungmin asked. 
 
"Donghae? Lee Donghae?" Heechul asked in disbelief. Kyuhyun nodded, not looking at her but at Donghae.
 
Donghae pulled the wrist of the woman who was holding hands with whom she assumed as her husband. She regret doing so as the face of the woman was very familiar to her.
 
"M-mom?"
 
A/N: I am so happy today! I have new subscribers!!! Hooray!!!! So yea, this chapter is a cliffhanger. I'm not a fan of them though. hehehe.. Comment and subscribe!