My Personal Assistant

The Identity I Never Knew

 

 

                Yesung and Ryeowook were waiting outside the school premises. Yesung was still holding onto her hand, making the latter blush. The petite young lady couldn’t think of anything to say to the man who was willing to help her without any second thoughts. She finds the man beside her enigmatic.

When the car arrived, Ryeowook stared at it with agape. His car is a Hummer H3, a car only rich people could afford. (I’m not into cars, sorry! >.<) Yesung turned around and chuckled at her expression.

“I suggest you close that if you want a fly coming in your mouth” Yesung teased. She immediately clamped shut then blushed. He pulled her towards his car and hopped inside. On the way, Ryeowook kept her gaze on her lap while Yesung was busy looking through the files that his chauffer gave him. It was about business, as usual.

Upon reaching the house, Ryeowook’s eyes widened and fell. “Your house is huge! Are you sure you live alone? 10 families can practically live here!” she exclaimed as she stepped out of the car.

“My maids, butlers and pets live here with me”

“By living here I meant family” she deadpanned.

Yesung smiled sadly then shook his head. Ryeowook wanted to ask further but decided against it. The man was kind enough to help her and asking personal questions may come in later.

The door flew open and they were greeted by a man in a butler suit. He greeted Yesung and Ryeowook with a bow as they entered the mansion. When he looks up, his gaze landed on their intertwined hands and a smile crept up on his face. Ryeowook followed where he was staring and she immediately pulled her hand away. Yesung tilted his head in confusion but Ryeowook kept her head low, too embarrassed to look at him.

Yesung sighed dejectedly and turned his attention to the grinning man. “Why are you smiling like an idiot Shindong?” the questioned man just shrugged but the smile was kept in place. Yesung sighed once more.

“Prepare a room for her and call someone to tune the piano, I will be needing it for later. As for me, I want to take a bath. Do you want one too?” he turned to Ryeowook who meekly nodded her head. “Prepare one for her too”

“Should I prepare one for the both of you to share or on separate ones?” Shindong teased making them blush.

“Shindong!” Yesung screeched his face flushed in embarrassment.

Shindong laughed merrily making the two flushes even more. “Aigoo~! Our young master is blushing. I thought you were abnormal but I guess I was wrong. You’re still a hormonal, normal teenager” He teased more making the two red as a beet right now. Shindong at how expressive Yesung suddenly became.

“Just do as I ordered please. Call someone to attend to her” he tried covering his face but to no avail. The rest of the household already saw it and they were giggling at him. 2 of his maids soon approached them and dragged Ryeowook away. Yesung flee towards the comfort of his room to avoid Shindong’s teasing.

Ryeowook was pulled towards an unused bedroom. The room was huge, according to her preference. The bed was placed by the wall and not too far from it was a large window. Across the bed was a painting; a simple portrait of nature. A leather couch was placed on her left with a mahogany coffee table. In front of it was an LCD television. On her right is the bathroom in which the maids opened already while she was busy overlooking the room.

She entered the bathroom and had hanging wide open for the third time. The bathroom was very spacious. In fact, it can already be considered as a bedroom because of its size. The room has a scattered mint green tiles that accentuated the ivory white bathtub which is so big that she presumed all three of them would fit there. Everything was luxurious and beautiful, leaving her in a state of trance. She didn’t even notice that she was already undressed until she was pulled towards the bathtub.

She dipped herself on the bathtub. It was warm and there were rose petals floating. She felt herself relax for the first time in a long while. She must’ve fallen asleep because the maid tapped her and told her to dry herself up.

After she disembarked herself from the bathtub, she quickly grabbed a towel to dry herself. Then she wore the blue bathrobe hanging not too far from where she was standing and proceeded to leave the room.

“Here is a set of clean clothes for you to wear. When you’re done, just leave the room and the head butler will be there to lead you to the young master. We shall take our leave now” one of the maids said. They bowed and hurriedly left the room.

She sat on the bed, trying to recall everything that’s happened in the past few hours. She trespassed into the most prestigious school and was caught playing by one of its students. Then, this student offered her a place to stay. He is innocent looking but still, the fact that he’s a guy scares her. He might want to ask something in return. What if he was a beast inside? She shuddered at the thought. She shook her head and tried to erase the idea from her mind. She got up and quickly dressed herself. She checked herself out in the mirror. The dress is simple. It’s pink and ends just above her knee. There’s nothing extraordinary about it except the way it hugged her body; it reveals her features. She tied her hair up and put a little foundation on to make herself look a little presentable. She left the room afterwards.

The butler, Shindong, bowed at her as soon as she stepped out of the room. “The young master will be meeting you in his study room. Please follow me” Ryeowook nodded and the two proceeded down the hallway.

She then noticed how the maids would point at her and then gossip to the others. Some were even giggling and this made her feel uncomfortable. Since she finds it distracting and embarrassing, she decided to ask Shindong.

“Hey, uhm, can I ask a question?” she imposed. Shindong turned his head slightly and meekly nodded. “Is there something wrong with me? I mean, they’re all gossiping and giggling and it’s making me uncomfortable” Shindong abruptly stopped in front of a big door.

“I suggest you ask the young master about that instead” he replied with a smile.

“I don’t even know his name” she mumbled, more like a whisper but Shindong heard it. He raised an eyebrow at the statement because it’s hard to find someone who doesn’t know his young master. He is one of the top businessmen in the country. He observed Ryeowook for a while and decided that the lady in front of him is not lying.

Ryeowook looked up and saw that Shindong was staring at her. She tilted her head in confusion but he answered her with a small smile before knocking on the big door. A faint “Come in” was heard from the other side of the door. Shindong opened the door and urged her to go inside in which she hesitantly did.

“Hello, have a seat” Yesung offered and patted the seat next to him. Ryeowook shyly implied and muttered a thank you.

“So” he started after an awkward silence “how do you like my place so far?”

“It’s spacious, very luxurious. You must be really rich to afford something like this” Yesung chuckled at her innocence. Ryeowook blushed and her gaze instantly fell on the floor. Another awkward silence passed. She was having an internal debate whether to ask him or not. She decided that nothing’s gonna be wrong if she did ask him so why bother contemplating? She smacked herself mentally.

“Uhm…” they started at the same time. “You go first” Ryeowook insisted.

“Ok, but this is nothing really. I was just going to brief you that starting today you will be living here with me. Your room will be across mine so if ever you need anything don’t hesitate to call me. Shindong and the other staff would be happy to assist you so feel free to ask them anything. You can also roam around my house, I don’t really have any problem with that” Ryeowook nodded in understanding. “So, what do you want to tell me?”

Ryeowook’s face flushed at the sudden question. She drew her breath and mentally cursed herself for being scared at the most simple question. “I just want to know your name since you never once mentioned it” she whispered.

Yesung contemplated for a minute before turning to face Ryeowook. “It must’ve slipped off my mind perhaps. My name is Kim Jongwoon but you can call me Yesung” he extended an arm to her in which she shyly accepted.

“Funny how you have the same name as the top businessman. It must’ve been hard for you to be mistaken as one” she chuckled. His eyebrow creased in confusion. Oh right! He never once showed his face to other people. He only let Shindong take care of his affairs.

“I am Kim Jongwoon, owner and CEO of Kim Industries. It’s my pleasure to meet you Ms. Kim” he introduced formally. She widened her eyes in surprise but Yesung just grinned at her.

“You have got to be kidding me” she blurted out. She immediately clamped with her hands and apologized. He chuckled and patted her head instead of getting angry.

“If you really want to apologize, might as well play the piano for me?” he offered. She happily nodded and head straight to the piano located in front of them. Upon reaching the grand piano, Ryeowook traced her fingers on the side of the ivory white piano. It was beautiful, much more stunning than the one she used earlier. She took her seat and began playing, not minding the smile playing on Yesung’s lips.

~

After Ryeowook satisfied herself, Yesung asked her about simple things to start a conversation. Soon they were laughing and talking. Yesung told her all about himself.  He told her about his family and how he got the company. He also told her about how his personality changes whenever he is furious. He told her almost everything about himself. This is a first for him because he’s never opened himself to anyone except to Heechul.

He found his new companion intriguing. At the same time, she looks fragile. There’s something about her that made him want to protect her.

Yesung woke up later than usual since it was a weekend. He normally eats with his staff because he feels lonely eating alone. That being said, he was really surprised to arrive at his dining room empty of people and food. Maybe they forgot that he’s here, he pondered. He sat on his chair and sulked. He’s never felt neglected like this before.

Suddenly, the door from the kitchen swung open, revealing a cute Ryeowook holding a tray of food. He raised an eyebrow at her. When she placed the tray of food in front of him, he immediately questioned her.

“Care to tell me what you were doing in my kitchen?” he probed.

“I was cooking” she stated the obvious with a smile playing on her lips. Yesung rolled his eyes and stared at the food in front of him.

“What I meant was why were you cooking when you could’ve asked the cook to do that?”

She played with the hem of her apron first before answering, an obvious blush visible on her face. “Well, this is my way of saying thanks to you. Since I don’t have money to repay your kindness, I want to at least serve you. It’s the least I can do” she whispered the last words.

He turned to face her then held her hand. “I took you here on my own accord. I only need you to play the piano for me. That’s more than enough payment”

“I know that but still… I think playing the piano for you is not enough. I want to help you in the best way that I can and doing household chores and running errands is the only thing I know for now. Oh! I can also be your secretary when needed. Please don’t turn down my offer? Take it as my rent. Please?” she pleaded.

Yesung sighed dejectedly but agreed nonetheless. Just as Ryeowook was celebrating, he spoke again. “On one condition…”

Ryeowook gulped loudly and Yesung can’t help but chuckle. She frowned but it soon faded when he gave her a serious look.

“Wherever I go, you have to follow. I don’t care if it’s school or anywhere that I wished to be at the moment. But of course when we’re inside my house you can be free. And, from now on, you are assigned as my personal assistant. You got that?” Ryeowook nodded heartily then hugged Yesung. He chuckled then hugged her back.

~

When Yesung and Ryeowook arrived at the greenhouse, all eyes were in the latter. He ignored the stares and sat down on the sofa indifferently while she wished to vanish from her spot. He opened a book and started reading after pulling her to sit down next to him.

“Uhm, hyung… who is she?” Kyuhyun asked awkwardly. Everyone’s eyes were on them now, anticipating his answer.

“She’s my personal assistant. Mind if you introduce yourself?” Yesung turned his head slightly and looked at Ryeowook who nodded her head in agreement.

“My name is Kim Ryeowook and as he stated earlier, I’m his personal assistant. It’s my pleasure to meet you” she bowed politely, blush never leaving her face.

Heechul cocked an eyebrow in confusion. “Since when did you need an assistant? Last I checked, you can do almost anything you want to do; you’re capable being on your own”

Yesung gingerly closed his book then sighed. “I don’t need one actually, but she insisted on this one so I let her do whatever it is that she wants to do. I don’t really care about it as long as she plays the piano honestly. Besides, I don’t really mind the company” he admitted.

“What can she do? She’s your personal assistant after all, meaning she’s also as capable as you” Eunhyuk inquired.

“She can’t do my job, that’s for sure. But she can play the piano and household chores, am I correct?” Yesung asked and Ryeowook nodded.

It was not hard to miss that Kangin’s eyes suddenly sparkled. “Can she cook?”

“Yes sir. Although my specialty is baking, my cooking skills are still top notch according to what others said” she revealed. “Do you want some pastries for now? I can also make some tea if you want” Everyone nodded in agreement.

Yesung watched as Ryeowook disappeared behind the counter. He didn’t notice Heechul approach him until the latter talked. “Hey” she greeted. He smiled at her then scooted over so she can sit.

“Who’s the girl and how come I only know about her now?” she demanded. Though she knows something about Ryeowook, she wants to know what her cousin has in mind for her.

“I met her last Friday inside the music room. She doesn’t have a home so I offered mine. The house is too big and I get lonely sometimes. Like I said earlier, I don’t mind the company” he answered. Heechul nodded in satisfaction before leaning closer to her cousin and wrapping her arms around him.

~

                It has been a week since Ryeowook has stayed with him. They would immediately head straight to the study room because Ryeowook can’t wait to play the piano and Yesung can’t wait to listen to her. On rare occasions, just like last night, they would sing together and create a harmonious melody. He even asked Donghae and Kyuhyun to install speakers all over the house so his staff could enjoy whatever it is that Ryeowook is playing. It was peaceful and enjoyable, until HE came.

“Oh come on Ryeowook, don’t play innocent with me. This place is a freaking mansion and you’re telling me that you don’t have money? Come on! I’m stupid!” these were the words that welcomed Yesung when he arrived at the living room one morning. He leaned on the wall and listened to what they were talking about.

“I’m not lying to you! He’s not paying me anything. I live here because he offered me a place to stay. Please believe me big brother. I’m just repaying his kindness” he heard Ryeowook beg. Shindong soon appeared on his side and gave him a folder. He opened it and scanned its contents.

“Wait, so you’ve become a now?” the man grinned smugly while Ryeowook had a horrified expression. “I should’ve known that you would become like this. If you can’t produce money here, might as well come with me and I’ll take you to a place you can give me money”

Yesung was nearing his boiling point and a single tap from his shoulder calmed him down. He thanked Shindong before revealing himself to the siblings. The man was dragging the thrashing Ryeowook out towards the door.

“Where do you think you’re taking my assistant?” he asked coolly; face neutral.

“None of your business, . Who are you anyway?” the man scoffed.

“I am the master of this house. My name is Kim Jongwoon, owner of Kim Industries. I suggest you let her go now or I’ll call the police” the man was taken aback by the threat but laughed at him.

“You’re a kid and yet you call yourself the master of this house? That’s just funny man” the man laughed again.

“I don’t joke around Mr. Kim Taewoo (a random name; not the former g.o.d member because I love him and I don’t want him as an antagonist >.<). According to the files I’ve gathered, you’re a runaway convict. The police would love to take you in custody” Yesung said menacingly.

Taewoo pulled out a knife and placed it on Ryeowook’s neck. He threatened to kill her if he stopped him from getting away. But, of course, we’re talking about Yesung here. Taewoo is in his territory and he can do everything he pleases.

A glass fell beside Taewoo, almost hitting him. He was stupid enough to avert his attention to the broken glass, in which Yesung took the opportunity to grab his right hand and pull Ryeowook away to safety in one swift movement. He slammed him to the wall, not minding their height difference.

“You’re lucky that I’m still sane because if not I would’ve slit your throat and watch you bleed until you die” Yesung threatened again. He threw the knife sideways and left the stunned man. Shindong and the other butlers immediately surrounded him and tied him up before dragging him away.

Yesung took baby steps towards the crying lady. “Are you alright?” he asked. He knelt down when he was about 5 feet away from her. “Hey, are you hurt somewhere?” he asked in a calm tone. Ryeowook looked up and lunged at Yesung, hugging him tightly.

“I’m so-sorry! I sh-should’ve t-told y-you a-a-about hi-him” Ryeowook spoke in between sobs. Yesung cooed her and told her that everything’s alright now. He gently ran his hand on her hair, trying to calm her down.

“I don’t care about him; all I care about is you. Don’t worry about anything now ok? I took care of everything, even the debts you parents and your brother left in your name. Just stay with me and play the piano for me, ok?” he cooed again. She nodded in agreement and hugged him more.

Meanwhile, the rest of the staffs were eavesdropping on the whole event. “She’s so lucky! I wish the young master would hold me like that too” one of the maids squealed, the rest soon followed.

“You know, this is the first I saw the young master affectionate to another human. Like there was no wall hiding him from the world. I don’t know how to explain it, but he seemed soft on the girl” one of the butlers pointed.

“That’s a good observation Mr. Hwang” Shindong suddenly appeared out of nowhere making the others jump in surprise. “The young master never allows anyone in his heart. I should know because my family has been serving him since he was a baby. When Ms. Ryeowook played the piano, she managed to open up the deepest part of his heart, the one he kept locked since his parents died. Young master trust the lady so we should trust her too” Everyone nodded in agreement because they all want their young master to be happy since he’s been so kind to them over the past years.

“I hope you guys are working when I come back. I didn’t pay you to chat around” Yesung ordered while carrying a sleeping Ryeowook in his arms. The staff scrambled in all directions while Shindong laughed and casually walked back to his post. Yesung sighed before walking away. He could never understand why he hired so many people. 

A/N: My longest chapter so far. Sorry it took so long. It wasn't suppposed to be here but when I read the comments, many like the yesung chapter so i decided to do a filler. And yes, because of that i have unconsciously made this chapter longer because there's more fillers (more or less 2 ^^) to come. anyways, thank you for continuously reading this, i love you guys so much!! ^^

this is not beta'd!!! please kindly point out my grammatical and typographical errors. thank you very much! (this A/N is longer than i intended it to be =.=)

@amanda_clarrisa: I laughed at your comment! i can imagine your facial expression while reading this. hahaha..

comment and subscribe! ^^ have a good day!!