Confessions

The Identity I Never Knew

 

The night of the party made Donghae extremely nervous. Heechul's parents couldn't make it so she and Donghae has to go on their own. Eunhyuk was there too, as well as Siwon. Seohyun was hoggingg Kyuhyun, the latter just rolled his eyes. He eyed Yesung and the others, asking for help. Heechul, being the she is, grabbed Kyuhyun's arm and send death glares to Seohyun. "Back off . I need to talk to this wolf" Seohyun shivered at the sight and hesitantly let go.
 
"Do you really need to curse?" Kyuhyun asked Heechul as she pulled him towards the drinking fish.
 
"Of course. i'm not Kim Heechul if I don't curse you know" Kyuhyun rolled her eyes.
 
"So where's Min?" the question was directed to Donghae but another person answered.
 
"With a date over there. She just came" Yesung answered. Siwon came to their side and gave Donghae a flower. The latter, on the other hand, kept staring at the lost monkey. Heechul noticed this and called the monkey over. He glared at the flirting hunk. Sungmin and her date, possibly, made their way to the group of animals. 
 
"Hey guys! What's up?" Sungmin asked "You look beautiful Donghae"
 
"Yea, yea. It's because I helped her. So off to the topic. Who's this guy? Your new boyfriend?" Heechul sarcastically asked. She wasn't pleased at how fast she found a new boyfriend. The guy beside Sungmin laughed. "What's so funny jerk?" Heechul asked in irritation.
 
"I'm not her boyfriend. I'm her step-brother. I'm Hankyung" the guy said in broken Korean.
 
"You have an accent. Where are you originally from?" Kyuhyun asked. Relieved that his plan will work since Sungmin is still single. 
 
"China. My chinese name is Han Geng. You must be my little sister's boyfriend. Kyuhyun right?" he extended a hand. Kyuhyun nodded and shook the former's hand.
 
"He's my ex-boyfriend" Sungmin said, as a matter-of-factly.
 
"Oh, you're the brother Sungmin talked to me about that studied abroad!" Donghae said out-of-the-blue. Everyone stared at her. "I'm Lee Donghae, Sungmin's friend" Everyone chuckled at her innocence.
 
"Remind me again why you were friendless before we even met" Sungmin said with a smile on her face. Donghae pouted. 
 
"Lee Donghae? I think I've heard of that name before. Do you, by chance, know a person named Lee Joon?" Hankyung asked. 
 
"He's my father" Donghae answered bluntly. Everyone in the group stared at her wide-eyed except for Heechul, Yesung and Siwon. Kyuhyun opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by an aproaching angel.
 
"Wow Donghae. You look really beautiful!" Leeteuk exclaimed. She looked at everyone but stopped at Hankyung "And you are?" she asked politely whilst holding Kangin's arm.
 
"I'm Hankyung. Sungmin's step brother. it's nice to meet you..." 
 
"Leeteuk. My real name's Park Jungsoo but you can call me Leeteuk. It's nice to meet you too" they shook hands briefly before a music was played. 
 
"Donghae, would you like to dance?" Hankyung asked. Donghae tilted her head in confusion wondering why he's asking her instead of Sungmin. "If you're wondering why I'm asking you to dance instead of my sister it's because I want to ask you a few things. Don't worry, I won't bite" he said as he offered a hand to Donghae. 
 
'Am I really that easy to read?' Donghae wondered to herself.
 
"That fish is so easy to read!! Monkey! Let's dance!" Heechul ordered as she pulled the annoyed Monkey. 
 
"I need to answer this. The company needs my expertise" Yesung said as he heads out the balcony.
 
"Let's dance my angel" kangin said, Leeteuk giggled. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as the two walked away. They didn't notice that Siwon was gone. 
 
"Would you like to dance?" Kyuhyun asked Sungmin. She thought about it for a few second then took Kyuhyun's hand and they danced.
 
When the first song ended, Heechul managed to switch partners with Donghae and she was pleased with that. She knew about Eunhyuk's hidden love for the fish. Hankyung was still surprised about the sudden switch of partners. "Oh, i forgot to introduce myself. I'm Kim Heechul". The chinaman just stared at the beautiful being infront of him. Heechul noticed this and became uneasy and nervous. "Is there something on my face?" she asked trying to sound as mockingly as possible.
 
The man cleared his throat before responding. "Nothing. I was just surprised when you pulled me instead of your partner" 
 
"Oh" was all she could answer because Hankyung flashed her a smile that could've melt her right on the spot if she hadn't look away. 
 
Meanwhile, Donghae and Eunhyuk were still shocked at the exchange of partners. "So..." Eunhyuk tried to break the ice "yo-you're a great dancer"
 
"Oh really? But not as great as you are. You're Lee Eunhyuk, the dance machine" she said in pure amazement. Sparks in her eyes can be clearly seen. Eunhyuk blushed at the statement. 
 
"Would you like to go outside? I'm never really a fan of formal gatherings so this is really making me uneasy" He confessed.
 
"You just read my mind. Let's go" Donghae pulled Eunhyuk out to the balcony where they sat on one of the benches. Donghae shivered a bit when a cold wind blew so Eunhyuk took off his coat and placed it on Donghae's shoulder. Donghae muttered a thank you and a genuine smile that made Eunhyuk smile. Siwon, on the other hand, was watching the two of them. His fist clenching because he was definitely jealous.
 
"If you ruin this evening for my friends, expect to face the consequence" Yesung said from beside Siwon.
 
'Where did this guy come from?' Siwon thought as he shivered from the previous threat. If there was one thing that people should be scared about aside from Heechul, it's Yesung's threats because they aren't just empty threats. Siwon left the party earlier than usual.
 
"May I have your attention please" Kyuhyun said through the microphone. When he got everyone's attention, even Donghae and Eunhyuk step back inside, he cleared his throat "Thank you for being here tonight. My parents are so delighted to have such wonderful guests. If you're wondering who I am, my name is Cho Kyuhyun, the heir of Cho Gaming Company" Everyone clapped their hands. "The reason why I asked for your attention is because I have an important announcement to make" Everyone whispered as to what it may be. His parents gave him confused looks "Mom, Dad, I know you only want the best for me and that you've given me everything. I don't know if this announcement will make you happy or not but please respect my decision about this" he stepped away from the platform and approached Sungmin. "I, Cho Kyuhyun, would like to ask you Lee Sungmin, to be mine forever" he then took out a small box. When he opened it, she was surprised to see a ring on it "This is my vow to you Lee Sungmin, that I will forever cherish you and love you for the rest of my life. Though I cannot promise for now that I can give you everything you want but if you give me time, I'll do everything from my power to be your everything. I'm not asking you to marry me just yet, we're too young for that. All I'm asking for you is to give me your heart as I've given you mine" Sungmin shed tears of joy as Kyuhyun inserted the ring on her finger. She didn't need to answer the question so she silently cried.
 
She hugged him tight. "I love you! I love you so much, Cho Kyuhyun! You have no idea how much you have made me happy!" Kyuhyun nuzzled her neck as he whispered 'I love you too Lee Sungmin' And with that, the vow was sealed with a kiss.
 
Everyone had their mouths hanging wide open. Cho Kyuhyun was known as someone who doesn't express his feelings through words and everyone knew how cold the other is. Heechul was the first one to recover and she clapped her hands to the couple. The rest followed. Everyone was happy for the couple, except for a certain someone. 
 
"What the hell? I thought I was Kyuhyun's fiance" Seohyun asked Mr and Mrs Cho.
 
"I believe he never really agreed to that young lady. If you'll excuse us we'd like to congratulate our son" Mr Cho said as he walked past a gaping Seohyun. Mrs Cho patted her shoulder and gave her a sympathetic smile before walking towards the couple. 
 
"Kyuhyun" Mr Cho called in a flat tone.
 
"Dad, I- Please respect my decision for this" Kyuhyun stammered, holding onto Sungmin's hand as if his life depended on it.
 
"So, she is Lee Sungmin? The one who makes my son happy then? I'm Kyuhyun's mom. It's nice to have finally meet you Sungmin" Mrs Cho said with the warmest smile she could give.
 
"Yes, I am Lee Sungmin. It's my pleasure to meet you Mr and Mrs Cho" Sungmin introduced herself.
 
"Call me mom, Sungmin. You're part of our family now" Mrs Cho said as she gave Sungmin a hug.
 
"Thank you" was all Kyuhyun could say at the moment because he couldn't hide the happiness he's feeling.
 
"You were never a disappointment to me my son. Now I know why lately you haven't been playing as much games. You found yourself a nice young lady. Good choice my son" Mr Cho patted Kyuhyun's shoulder and laughed.
 
"By the way dear, I don't want to be rude or something but may I know who your parents are and what are their business?" Mrs Cho asked.
 
"It's Lee Hyori ma'am and Ji Hoo. They're the owner of The Lee's" Sungmin answered politely. The Cho's had their mouths hanging wide open.
 
"Your parents are the famous actors who disappeared out of the blue? What a coincidence! I'm a big fan of them!" Mrs Cho clapped happily.
 
"What the hell?! What's the meaning of this?!" Seohyun shouted from behind the happpy couple. She was obviously furious about the confession and the fact that Kyuhyun's parents accepted Sungmin almost immediately mae her burn in anger. 
 
"Calm down Joohyun dear" Mrs Seo tried to soothe her daughter but to no avail.
 
"How can I calm down when that obviously took away my fiance?!" Seohyun screamed.
 
"I was never your fiance Seohyun. I'm asking you politely to please drop the subject" Kyuhyun said, trying to fight the urge to call the guards.
 
"Or else what?" Seohyun challenged. She knew Kyuhyun had nothing against her since their family business is of different category.
 
"Or else say goodbye to a major stockholder of your company" Eunhyuk stepped in the scene "I don't like to put your family's business in jeopardy because of how thick-headed you are"
 
"L-Lee E-Eunhyuk" Seohyun stammered before she ran off. Her mom gave Eunhyuk a sincere smile before following her daughter out. 
 
"That was a good way of getting rid of a party crasher wasn't it?" Heechul asked, trying to lift the mood. 
 
"You got that right" Hankyung said as he placed his arm around Heechul's waist making the latter blush. "Anyway, I'm Hankyung, Lee Sungmin's brother. You know that already. If you hurt my sister in any way, I will hunt you down and do my martial arts on you, you got that?" Sungmin laughed at the threat and Kyuhyun wasn't the least bit fazed.
 
"A toast for the couple!" Mr Cho said as he raised his drink. Everyone followed and they yelled "Cheers!"
 
'What a great way to end an evening huh? Dad, if your watching this scene right here, do you think I can find someone like Kyuhyun?' Donghae thought as she looked up at the stars. She went out of the balcony again after congratulating Kyuhyun and Sungmin. 
 
"What're you doing here all alone Donghae?" Donghae turned around and saw Eunhyuk approaching her. 
 
"Nothing. I just remembered my dad. I felt like talking to him right now. I know he's always watching over me" Donghae said with a smile on her face.
 
"You should smile more often. You look even more beautiful when you do" Eunhyuk complimented. She blushed a deep red then looked away. Eunhyuk chuckled at her reaction.
 
"What's so funny?" Donghae asked in confusion.
 
"I just realized something" Eunhyuk said as he gazed into Donghae's eyes intently.
 
"What is it?" Donghae asked again.
 
"This" he placed his hand on Donghae's cheek and leaned forward, capturing Donghae's soft lips.
 
'I think you found him my daughter'
 
A/n: I updated!! OMG!!! Happy Halloween everybody!!! ^^