New Friends

The Identity I Never Knew

                    Sungmin and I are now going to the infirmary to fetch Hyukjae. I exchange schedules with her only to find out that our class before and after lunch doesn't match.Her lunchtime is after mine so I guess I'll be eating alone? I sighed. 

 
                    "You're sighing again. What's wrong?" she asked worriedly. I just shook my head. Nothing's really wrong. I'm used to eating lunch alone anyway so I don't think that's a problem. 
 
                    "Hey, wanna hang out later?" she asked me again. I think she's trying to start a conversation. I should exert more effort too.
 
                    "I would love to but I can't" unfortunately. 
 
                    "Why?" 
 
                   "Part-time job"
 
                   "You have a part-time job?!" her eyes widened. Her shocked expression makes me chuckle. 
 
                   "Yep. Since I'm not as rich as other people. Plus, my mom's always working and I'm friendless" she looked at me intently so I continued "until now, that is. I want to help her with the house bills so she can take a rest and hang out with me more often" I sighed again. This is the first I talked to someone about my problem at home. She's really easy to talk to.
 
                   "I see. So what time do you work?" 
 
                   "Hmm. 30 minutes after school. Why?" 
 
                   "I wanna see you work" she smiled.
 
                   "Oh. U-uhm" Now I'm starting to panic. What if she mocks me or tease me or be disgusted by my work? Well, there's nothing to be ashamed of since I work part-time in a cafe but still.
 
                   "I just wanna see you work so don't worry ok?" she pats my shoulder. Somehow I feel lighter. So this is how it feels to have a friend huh? 
 
                   We reached the infirmary and saw Hyukjae staring out the window. Even with that nerdy look he can be attractive. Wait, what am I saying? I must be out of my mind huh?
 
                   "Hyukjae" I called him. He turned his head towards our direction and jumped from our bed then hugged me. What's wrong with him? I heard sobs.
 
                   "Why are you crying?" Sungmin asked. This girl can read minds, I'm sure of it. 
 
                    Hyukjae pulled away. "I thought you left me behind" he sniffed. 
 
                   "We won't, don't worry. So stop crying" I cooed him. I wiped away his tears. "By the way, this is Lee Sungmin. She is also our classmate. Sungmin, this is Lee Hyukjae" I introduced the both of them to each other. 
 
                   "Hello. It's nice to mmeet you. I'm Lee Sungmin. I hope you're alright now" Sungmin offered her hand for a handshake.
 
                  "It's nice to meet you too Sungmin-sshi. I'm Lee Hyukjae. And yes, I feel perfectly fine now" he said then reached out to shake Sungmin's hand. "And drop the formality, we're of the same age am I right?"
 
                  "I guess so" Sungmin shrugged. I feel like I'm a third wheel while they were looking at each other's eyes. By the way, where is that doctor?
 
                 "Sorry to interrupt the love at first sight click with the two of you but I don't want to be late. Can we go now?" I pointed to door.
 
                They both looked at me then laughed. Did I say something funny? Or maybe I look like a clown. Well, my dad used to say that I can be a good clown but then again. I sighed and left the two of them.
 
                "Hey wait up!" Hyukjae called. He walked fast to reach me, Sungmin followed suit. "You walk really fast you know" Sungmin whined. 
 
                "I go home at wee hours of the night" I said simply. I think I heard their jaw dropped on the floor so I turned around and saw their faces. Their eyes were both bulging out and their mouths were hanging open. I giggled at them.
 
                "It's too dangerous!!" Sungmin almost shouted.
 
                "I agree with her" Hyukjae crossed his arms. I am starting to regret introducing this two. They're ganging up on me.
 
                "I don't have a choice you know. Plus, I've been doing it for 5 months now. Nothing bad has ever happened to me" I said while walking towards our next classroom.
 
               "You seriously need to know boys more" Hyukjae warned me.
 
               "I'm ugly. Nobody wants an ugly girl" I stated. Sungmin stood in front me and glared at me. How can she be mad and yet be so cute?
 
               "Call yourself ugly one more time and I swear I'm gonna kick the lights out of you!" she threatened. Oh dear. I glanced at my watch and started running. We are so LATE!!
 
               "Hey! Wait for us!!" Hyukjae and Sungmin said in unison. I didn't realize that a smile was plastered on my face until we reached our economics class. I saw Kyuhyun smirking. I reached for my seat which was, unfortunately, beside Kyuhyun. Seriously, it's the second month already. Why haven't I noticed that he was my seatmate? I sighed.
 
              "You're sighing again" she told me. I looked at her and I saw her staring at Kyuhyun. Oh right! He is a Stars member. How idiotic can I be to even forget about that. I face palmed myself.
 
              The rest of the day was uneventful. Except for a few smirks from Kyuhyun, giggles from Sungmin and never ending questions from Hyukjae. My life has never been this noisy before. Anyway, I'm now on my way to work with Sungmin and Hyukjae. They insist on walking with me and watch me work. Since they are both so cute, I decided to let them watch me for now. 
 
              They sat in a table near the window and watched me work. This is a bit embarassing but I got used to it as time flew by. They kept on talking to each other while I tend the customers. I saw Hyukjae looking at me on several occasions. When our eyes meet he'll look away immediately. Weird. 
 
              My shift ended by 9 PM. "Thank you for your hardwork, Donghae. Be careful on your way home ok?" Hara, my manager said. She's really nice to me and always looks after my well being. I stepped out of the cafe and saw Sungmin and Donghae waiting for me.
 
              "What are you two still doing here?"
 
              "Waiting for you of course!" Sungmin said. Huh? Why?
 
              "If you're asking why, technically it's because we want to know where you go home and if it is safe for you to walk home alone" O-k. Are they both mind readers?
 
              "I am not a mind reader" Hyukjae said. If you are not a mind reader, how can you read my mind?
 
              "The expression on your face says it all" I, therefore conclude that this two people in front of me are mind readers. Thank you very much!
 
               I started walking towards the direction of my house , followed by Donghae and Sungmin. They keep trying to convince me that they are not mind readers and I am like an open book to them. Was I really? This is getting on my nerves now.
 
              I turned to a corner and was very much surprised to see the person in front of me. I looked at Sungmin and she is red as tomato now. She definitely likes him. I sighed. I walked past Cho Kyuhyun as if he was never there.
 
              "Not even a greeting, noona?" he asked me. His eyes not leaving his PSP. 
 
              "Stop calling me noona. I do not know you in a level that gives you permission to call me that" I said coldly. He smirked at my answer. He turned off his PSP and looked at me. So, he really does turn it off. Is it the end of the world already?
 
              "You're older than me. Or do you want me to call you hyung?" he mocked. 
 
              "What are you trying to imply, Cho Kyuhyun-sshi?"
 
              "Nothing. Is it wrong to talk to a classmate?"
 
              "You've never talked to me before, so why start now?"
 
              "Teukie-umma said I should befriend you, but I didn't know you were this stubborn"
 
              "Teukkie-umma?" I tilted my head to my side
 
              "Leeteuk-noona" I heard 'AHH!' from both Hyukjae and Sungmin. I forgot they were there.
 
              "You don't have to befriend me. I'm fine with my company" pointing my thumb to the audience.
 
              "But you seem interesting, as well as that cute little bunny over there" he whispered the last part to a volume only I can hear. 
 
              "Then go befriend her not me" I said then walked away. I didn't know I could be cruel at times. 
 
              "Hold on!" I stopped and turned around "Teukkie-umma said you should drop the pony tail and glasses and wear contact lens instead" I shrugged then he continued "I really want to be your friend because I find you nice and different. I'm Cho Kyuhyun" he extended an arm. I looked at it reluctantly before taking it and shaking it briefly. 
 
             "See you at school then Donghae-noona, Sungmin-noona and Hyukjae-hyung" he enters his car and drove away. I pinched my cheek thinking I was just dreaming. But I wasn't! I saw Sungmin doing the same thing but to Hyukjae. He screamed in pain which made me laugh.
 
             "Hey! Stop pinching me! It hurts!" Hyukjae screamed. 
 
             "It does? I'm not dreaming then?" we both nodded. she let go of his cheek and put her hands in her face and squealed. 
 
            "He knows my name! Cho Kyuhyun knows my name!" Ah, so this is what they called teenage love huh?
 
            "Let's go home now!! It's getting really late" Hyukjae suggested and we all agreed. This is a very fun day. Hope tomorrow would be twice as much.
 
A/N:  I've read in a lot of fanfics that calling a friend as hyung/oppa or noona/unnie indicates closeness but correct me if I'm wrong ok? i'm not korean. hehehe..