The Bunny

The Identity I Never Knew

                   And so, homeroom ended with nothing but the blabbering of my homeroom teacher.I rarely listen to him because he's voice is in monotone. 

 
                   "So, what's our next class?" Donghae asked as I was preparing to leave. In this school, students have to go to different buildings depending on the subject they are taking. 
 
                   "I have mathematics" I told him. I already memorized my schedule by heart so that wouldn't be a problem in the near future.
 
                   "I have that too! Let's go together then!" he said giddily. I can't help but smile at his innocence. 
 
                   "Get a room!" I looked around to know who said that and I glared at them. They chuckled darkly making me shiver.
 
                  "I'm sorry. I'm new and I know that bullying is a norm here. I don't want you to be dragged by my problems. I'll be leaving first. It was nice to meet you Donghae-sshi" he bowed at me then walked out the door. I just stood there. Dumbfounded. Can he read mind perhaps?
 
                   "You know, instead of just staring, you should follow him" I glanced to my right and saw Cho Kyuhyun playing with his PSP. 
 
                   "U-Uhm.." I looked around and saw that everybody has already left, "What are you still doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in class by now?" I asked nervously but I kept my voice stable.
 
                   He chuckled. This is too much for me. First it was Leeteuk-unnie and now I'm talking to him, Cho Kyuhyun!
 
                   "You should ask that question to yourself" he told me nonchalantly. He's right! I'm gonna be late!!!
 
                   "Thank you, Kyuhyun-sshi!" I said as I head out the door. I ran all the way to the next building  but stopped when I heard two students talking. 
 
                   "Heh! The new student is a weakling! He shouldn't have enrolled here! I mean seriously he looked awful!" a woman said.
 
                   "You got that right! I bet you fell harder for me when I used my martial arts on him" a guy answered. 
 
                   I continued eavesdropping until they said the place where they left the poor student behind. As I got near the place, I saw a limping Hyukjae. 
 
                  "Hyukjae!" I ran towards him and saw his face bleeding while his arm clutched in his stomach. Was he kicked there? I don't want to find out. "Oh my! Let's get you to the infirmary" I took his hand and put it around my shoulder.
 
                  "You shouldn't do this! They might hurt you too" he said with a worried look on his face.
 
                  "Screw them. I won't leave my friend alone especially when he needs me the most" I said with I think an assuring smile on my face. He smiled weakly at me.
 
                 We reached the infirmary which was surprisingly near. I have never been here so I never knew how far or how near this place is. I opened the door and let us both inside.
 
                 "What happened to him?" asked the doctor with an obvious fakeness in his voice but I let that slip. 
 
                 "I fell down the stairs" he lied. I sighed. It's obvious he can't do anything about it now. The doctor looked at me as if telling me to leave first. I nodded.
 
                 "Hyukjae, I'll be leaving first ok? Can I borrow your phone?" he fished through his pocket and gave me his phone. I saved my number and gave him back his cellphone. 
 
                 "I saved my number there. Call me or text me your next class. Bye! Goodbye doctor and have a good day" I said and left the room. I sighed again. 
 
                "Why the long face?" I turned around and saw a cute girl with large doe eyes and thin lips. 
 
                "O-oh! Uhm, m-my friend... H-he was a-attacked earlier b-by the bullies. I-if I re-remember correctly I-I t-think they u-used m-martial arts o-on him o-or something like that" I stuttered. One of the reason why I don't have that much friends is because I stutter and I am shy.
 
                Her eyes widened. I didn't know how her eyes could get any bigger. "Do you know the name?" she asked.
 
                I shook my head. "I don't know him, I'm sorry" I looked down and bit my lip, a bit embarrased that I forgot to know his name.
 
                "Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything, right?" I looked up and saw her smiling at me making me smile too. There's something weird about this day seriously.
 
               "My name is Lee Sungmin, by the way. And you are?" she asked, looking at me with those cute eyes. 
 
               "Donghae, Lee Donghae" I answered her, making her giggle. I like this girl already. 
 
               "Well, Donghae-sshi, let's go to class" she wrapped her arm around mine. I looked at her, confused. Are we in the same class?
 
               As if reading my mind, she answered, "We are classmates you know. You were always really quiet and somehow has this talk-to-me-and-your-dead aura so no one dared talk to you" she said as we started walking. 
 
              "So you mean, you already know me?" I asked. This is kind of embarassing. She nodded.
 
              "If you already know me then why did you still ask for my name?" I asked curiously.
 
              "Courtesy" she replied simply. She kept hugging my arm which I find annoying since I'm not used to this.
 
              "Actually, everyone in school knows you. Or so I think" she continued when neither of us was talking. Huh?!
 
              "What do you mean everyone in school knows me?" I asked curiously. I'm a bit terrified about this new information.
 
             "Because I know you? I  mean, I've always seen you and you were always quiet. People were intrigued about you that's all"
 
             "What are you saying? I'm not that quiet. In fact, I've talked to Leetuek and Kyuhyun a while ago" I dismissively stated.
 
             "Oh really? Hmm, rumors are wrong then. But I can't see why they don't, you know, bully you"
 
             "I've always wondered about it myself actually" I told her "Can I ask a question?" She giggled "Of course! We're friends now right?" she asked. I don't know how to answer so I just nodded. 
 
            "Why are you talking to me?" 
 
            "Because I saw you talking to the new student earlier. I followed you and I gained my courage to talk to you. So here I am!" I just nodded in agreement, not sure if that really answered my question.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
            They continued talking. Sungmin did all the talking while Donghae occasionally responds and nods her head from time to time. When they reached their classroom, they immediately apologized to the teacher and explained that they helped another student to the infirmary. The teacher just nodded and asked them to take their seats.
 
            Donghae's phone vibrated. She looked at it and saw that it was a message from Hyukjae. 
 
            Fr: Hyukjae
            To: Donghae
 
            My next class is economics. But I don't know how to get there. Can you pick me up please~?
 
           "What a weirdo!" she said to herself before texting him back.
 
           Fr: Donghae
           To: Hyukjae
 
           I will since we have the same classes. Weird. How are you feeling now?
 
           Fr: Hyukjae
           To: Donghae
 
           Better. Thanks by the way! 
 
           Fr: Donghae
           To: Hyukjae
 
          That's good to know then. 
 
          The teacher noticed that Donghae isn't paying attention. 
 
          "Ms. Lee Donghae. Will you please step forward and answer this equation?" It was a grueling calculus that made her bit her lip as she walk towards the board. The solution was a bit complicated but she managed to answer it correctly.
 
         "Good. Next time do not use cellphones in my class understood?" Donghae just nodded in response. On her way back to her seat, she took a glance at Sungmin and saw her with her thumbs up mouthing a "Good job!" Donghae just smiled briefly and went to take her seat. 
 
         "You should smile often" she glanced to her side and saw Kyuhyun with his PSP in his hands. Miraculously, it was off. Odd. Then she remembered his statement and felt blood coming up from her face so she looked back to listen to the teacher. Kyuhyun let out a chuckle. 
 
         "You know noona, you're cute when you blush" this made Donghae red as a tomato. Kyuhyun chuckled more. He is definitely enjoying this. He continued staring at Donghae as if examining her. In other people's point of view, it may seem that Kyuhyun is eyeing his prey.
 
        "When will this class end?" she cried to herself and let out a frustrated sigh. When the bell rang, she immediately ran towards Sungmin and pulled her towards the door.
 
        "Interesting" Kyuhyun said to himself as he walked towards the door while playing his PSP. 
 
A/N: When you see the line, that mean's Donghae's POV either starts or ends. If you ever spot a mistake, please point it out. Thank you. Comments are welcome!