11

The Identity I Never Knew

 

They arrived at the Kim's residence. They stayed in the living room, waiting for Mrs. Kim.
 
"By the way Donghae, how's your date yesterday with the nerd? You look beautiful back there" Heechul stated "but not as beautiful as me"
 
Donghae remembered what happened in the restaurant and started crying.
 
"Donghae, don't cry over that . She doesn't deserve your tears" Heechul hugged her. Donghae stopped crying and looked up at Heechul. 
 
"You know? H-how-"
 
"I was there silly. You didn't even look at me because you were busy with that mother of yours" Heechul cursed.
 
"Kim Heechul, if I hear you curse again I will confiscate all your credit cards" Mrs. Kim shouted but soften with a worried expression when she saw Donghae crying. "What's wrong? Why is she crying? Who is she anyway?"
 
"Who's crying?" Mr. Kim asked as he stepped inside the room. "Donghae, why are you crying?" Mrs. Kim stared at him in confusion.
 
"It's nothing Mr. Kim" Donghae answered, wiping away her tears.
 
"She caught her mom cheating yesterday" Heechul said bluntly. Donghae gawked by how her friend said it.
 
"WHAT?!" Mr and Mrs Kim asked.
 
"That !" Mr Kim cursed as he tightened his fist.
 
"If you do not answer my questions, all hell will break lose. Who is this girl? What's she doing here? And why in the world are you angry knowing that her mother cheated?" Mrs Kim asked crossing her arms in her chest. Mr Kim and Heechul gulped.
 
"Remember Joon?" Mr Kim asked as he made his way to the sofa opposite Heechul and Donghae.
 
"Yea I know him. He's your childhood friend right?"
 
"Yup! He's the one. Donghae here is his daughter"
 
Mrs Kim gasped. "You're serious?" Everyone nodded. She stood up and sat beside Donghae, hugging her tight. "That woman! I can't believe she still continued her affair after all the threats I made"
 
"Y-you know?" Donghae asked wiping her tears again as she pulled away.
 
"I used to be her bestfriend, of course I know" Mrs. Kim told her.
 
"Let's get down to business shall we?" Everyone looked at him. "Donghae, what do you know of your father's work back when he was still alive?" Donghae thought for a moment then shook her head. "He's my business partner. My company became successful because of him" he continued.
 
"Wait! Let me process this first. You're telling me, I mean us, that Donghae here should be rich? Don't scold me for saying this but she's living in a dump" Heechul said.
 
"Hey! That dump happens to be my home!" Donghae glared at her. Heechul looked away and searched for her mirror.
 
"I'm just saying. Anyway dad, continue" Heechul ordered.
 
Mr and Mrs Kim just shook their heads as Heechul continued to check herself on the mirror. "You really should date someone" Mrs Kim stated.
 
"No one is as perfect as me. I can even date myself if I have to" Heechul bluntly answered. Donghae gawked.
 
"You're still a narcissist? Seriously? After all these years?" Donghae asked. Heechul just shrugged at the statement. Donghae shook her head in disbelief. Mr. Kim, on the other hand, cleared his throat.
 
"Do you want me to continue?" he asked awkwardly. Everyone nodded. "As I was saying, Lee Joon, you're father" pointing at Donghe "has invested a lot of money. I was with him when he made his will. Everything, and I mean everything, from lands, to businesses and most important, the money, will all fall into your hands" Mr Kim interlaced his fingers and placed it under his chin. While his elbows are on his knees.
 
Everyone has their mouths hanging open. No one uttered a single word. "Why didn't he told me anything?" Donghae broke the silence.
 
"He knows about your mother's rendezvouz with that man. He doesn't want her to inherit anything or gain anything to give the other man. Plus, he wants you to live a normal life, like a normal person" Mr Kim stated. 
 
~NEXT DAY~
 
"Clearly your a succubus" Heechul said tiredly.
 
"Succubus seduces men. I'm not that kind of person. What made you say that anyway?" Donghae asked.
 
There was an important meeting for faculties and everyone was allowed to stay outside and loiter. The two of them sat in an unoccupied table inside the cafeteria. Everyone's eyes were on them. The two are clearly oblivious about this.
 
"Because: 1. The revelation yesterday was too much for my brain to process. It drained me mentally and emotionally. 2. You were Fishy! You were near me all the time and yet I haven't noticed you. That stressed me. 3. You just have to look for an apartment and move in the next day. Seriously, you drained all of my physical energy! I can't believe I forgot to put on  my cream because I was dead tired. The moment I hit the bed, I'm out!" Heechul ranted non-stop. Donghae chuckled at the sight of her friend. 
 
"What are you two doing here? What happened yesterday?" Kyuhyun asked as he took the seat beside Heechul with Sungmin taking the seat beside him and Hyukjae took the seat beside Donghae.
 
"Believe me, you don't want to know!" Heechul spat.
 
"Know what? That you two are childhood friends?" Yesung asked as he took the seat beside Hyukjae while drinking his milk. Everyone gasped and were surprised.
 
"How did you-" Heechul wanted to ask but she was cut off by Leeteuk.
 
"Hey guys! The childhood friends are reunited I see. You're right Jongwoon" Leeteuk said as she took the seat beside Sungmin and Kangin with Yesung. 
 
"You guys are creeping me out" Heechul stated. "How did you know?" 
 
Sungmin and Hyukjae just stared at them quietly and just listened to the conversation. "How else do you think we know about Donghae-noona?" Kyuhyun asked. 
 
Heechul slammed her fist on the table "And yet you didn't tell me?!" She shouted.
 
"Hey calm down!" Donghae said. "It's alright. I don't really mind. At least we knew before it's too late right?"
 
"No it's not! I mean, a lot of years were wasted!" Heechul countered, looking extremely pissed.
 
"The results would be the same" Hyukjae pointed, finally joining in the conversation. Everyone's attention were on him now "If you knew back then what would be the difference? Stop jumping to conclusion and get over with. Carpe Diem"
 
"I agree with this hot guy here" Yesung said with a blank expression. Everyone scoffed except for Kyuhyun and Hyukjae whose eyes widened in surprise.
 
"Hot guy? You mean a nerd?" Heechul teased.
 
"Hey, stop it. Don't be too judgemental" Donghae defended. Everyone except Heechul smiled, while Hyukjae blushed.
 
"Whatever fish!" Heechul scoffed and looked elsewhere. She noticed that the public were staring at them "What? You think this is a drama or something? Screw off before you get some from me!" she threatened. Donghae shook her head from embarrasment while the others laughed.
 
"You don't have to threaten them you know" Yesung stated. 
 
"I'd rather have Heechul-noona threaten me than you" Kyuhyun said nonetheless. Eveyone nodded in agreement as they all have witnessed Yesung when he is angry. Yes, he is uncontrollable when he's angry, but he rarely does. Yesung just pouted at the statement.
 
"No worries Yesung. You're still nice and a good friend" Kangin patted him on the shoulder.
 
Yesung smiled "Thanks dad!" 
 
After that moment, they all left to go to their respective classrooms. News spread fast about three outsiders hanging around the members of Stars. The student body didn't like the idea at all so they started threatening Sungmin, Donghae and Hyukjae. Some glared while some gossips about them.
 
"God, they're just jealous!" Sungmin sighed in frustration. 
 
"Easy Sungmin. You don't want to anger them right?" Hyukjae said.
 
"How come you're so quiet all the time? Have your tounge tied or something?" Sungmin interrogated. Donghae listened for she was curious as well.
 
"I don't have much to say" he said with a shrug. Then a water balloon came popping towards them making them wet. Sungmin stood up and glared at the students who threw the balloons.
 
"That is it! No more Ms. Nice Girl!!" she stomped towards the group of students who were smirking. 
 
"Min! Wow. How can you still look hot even when your wet?" Kyuhyun entered the room just as Sungmin approached the bullies. "Why are you even wet to begin with?" he continued. 
 
"Ask them" she left the room and hurried towards the washroom. Donghae followed her while Hyukjae pulled Kyuhyun to his seat. 
 
"Don't do anything stupid Kyuhyun. I'm warning you" Hyukjae glared at the bullies.
 
"But hyung-
 
"No buts! This is something we need to conquer. Plus we started this" Hyukjae extended his legs. Donghae and Sungmin returned to the classroom and sat at their respective seats. 
 
"Is Lee Donghae here?" asked a guy. Not just any guy. It was Choi Siwon. He haas the face, the body girls drool at and guys envy, and the money. Too bad he doesn't have the brain. Everyone nodded and pointed at Donghae. He walked towards her and held her hand, surprising Donghae and the others.
 
"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" 
 
A/N: I couldn't really think of a title so here it is! Another update! *bow*
The story is not yet ending so please continue reading. 
Comment and subscribe if you wil!
EunSiHae anybody? :))