Sneaky

The Identity I Never Knew

 

                     "LEE DONGHAE!" 
 
                     I snapped in my reverie. Who was that? I looked up and saw a beautiful lady and beside her is Yesung. "Where is Lee Donghae?" she asked again. Everyone pointed at me so I stood up.
 
                     "Are you Lee Donghae?" she asked. I heard people whispering: 'She's dead! It's the Queen, Kim Heechul'
 
                     "Answer me when I ask a question" she snapped at me. She's angry, I can tell. I can tell she's angry. VERY angry. 
 
                     "Yes" I said softly.
 
                     "Then follow me" I felt my legs wobble. I followed her and I heard whispers. I looked at both Hyukjae and Sungmin. Hyukjae has a worried expression but Sungmin looked away.
 
                     I followed them till we reach a huge door. I guess this is the Stars hideout or something. 
 
                     "Get inside" the Queen ordered. I walked inside their hideout. It's really beautiful. Only rich people could afford these. Amazing.
 
                     "Sit down" I obliged. "I'll be straight with this conversation" I gulped. "Are you or are you not dating other guys other than Kyuhyun?" I was right about the two-timing rumor that would spread. I sighed.
 
                     "Will you listen to me?" I asked. The Queen raised an eyebrow. Leeteuk-unnie and Yesung-oppa stared at me.
 
                     "What do you mean by that?" the Queen asked.
 
                     "I mean, if I tell you the truth would you believe to me?"
 
                     "I will only believe what Kyuhyun will say in this matter" she said nonchalantly.
 
                     I sighed. "Then there's no point in asking me if you won't believe me anyways"
 
                     "How dare you?" she said standing up raising her hand. I closed my eyes and her palm landed on my face. I sighed again. I can feel tears in my eyes as they roll down my cheeks.
 
                     "HEECHUL! That's too far!" Leeteuk-unnie shouted.
 
                     "She's an insolent cheeky little brat! Who knows if she's just flirting around Kyuhyun!" she replied.
 
                     "Noona. Sit down" Yesung-oppa said in a stern tone. Is he angry?
 
                     "Don't get involved in this Jongwoon"
 
                     "The least person you want angry in this room is Yesung" Leeteuk-unnie said calmly.
 
                     "Fine" she sat down and crossed her arms. Yesung sat beside me. "Why are you sitting beside her?" she asked angrily. Yesung just glared at her and she shut . 
 
                     The door opened. "Jungsoo! What happened? Why did you call? What's the emergency?" the bulk guy who looked like a racoon asked. I guess this is Leeteuk-unnie's boyfriend then?
 
                     "It's all taken care of Kangin. Can you please accompany Donghae to her classroom?" he nodded and walked towards me. 
 
                     "Can you walk?" I nodded. "Do you know where your classroom is then?" I nodded again. "Then let's go" As we reached the door, he looked back to Leeteuk-unnie "I'll be back" I saw her nod. I took a last glance at Queen Heechul and she seemed out. The guy, Kangin closed the door. 
 
                     "My name is Kim Youngwoon but you can call me Kangin" he introduced himself "You're Lee Donghae right?" I nodded. "I apologize on Heechul's behalf. She really lost it when she knew that you're seeing other guys aside from Kyuhyun. You see, he's got a past" I see. 
 
                     "We're not dating" he looked at me in confusion "I mean Kyuhyun and I. We're not an item. It was just a stupid rumor"
 
                     "If that was true, Heechul still wouldn't believe you. She'll only believe Kyuhyun" he told me. I sighed.
 
                     "This is my classroom. Thank you for escorting me. Please send my regards to Leeteuk-uni" I bowed to him.
 
                     "I will. Take care" he said then patted my shoulder.
 
                      I entered the classroom and all eyes flew to me. Darn it. I wish I can be invisible right now. I head straight to my chair. I glanced at Hyukjae and he gave me a small smile. At least someone still believes in me. 
 
                      When the class ended, I gathered up my courage to talk to Sungmin. "Sungmin" she turned around and looked at me blankly. "Can we talk?" she nodded after a few moments.
 
                      We were in a secluded corridor. I was about to open my mouth but she started first. "If you are about to deny you're relationship with Kyuhyun, forget it" I can feel my tears welling up.
 
                      "Ok. Even though it's not true, I wouldn't bother denying it to you anymore but I just want you to know that I'm thankful that I got to know you. You're my very first friend after such a long time" I said, trying to hold back my tears. "Thank you" I bowed. When I looked up, she slapped me which took me by surprise. 
 
                      "Bull!" She turned and ran away.
 
                       I knelt down and cry. I took my phone and started texting:
 
                       'Kyuhyun, I can't take this anymore. When are you coming back?'
 
                       After a few minutes, my phone vibrated. It wasn't a text, it was a call. I answered it with a weak "Hello"
 
                      "Noona, what happened?"
 
                      "Sungmin... she-she wo-wouldn't t-talk t-to me"
 
                      "What do you mean?"
 
                      "She got a-angry whe-when she he-heard a-about the ru-rumour" I hiccuped. I really hate crying! He was silent for a few moments. I regained my composure.
 
                      "So the bunny likes me eh?"
 
                      "Cho Kyuhyun, this is not the time to flirt around"
 
                      "I have a plan, noona. But I need you to ask Hyukjae-hyung's help. Can you do that?"
 
                      "Yeah, I guess so, what would that be?"
 
                      It's lunchtime now. I'm not expecting it to be peaceful but to my surprise, it was. Not really the way my day used to be but Hyukjae pulled me to my usual spot and talked non-stop. He immediately became friends with Kangin and they were playing around while Leeteuk-uni tend the roses.
 
                      "Is it alright if I take some of the roses?"
 
                      "Yeah. Let me help you with that" I took the scissors and cut the 12 roses for her. She beamed happily at me. Gosh! She really looked like an angel. 
 
                      Yesung was on the pond as usual with the Queen sitting silently beside her. We're not yet in good terms so I guess she doesn't want to be here. 
 
                      The school ended with me getting bullied even more because I'm hanging out with the Stars. That ain't right. Anyway, I really hope Kyuhyun's plan work.
 
~FLASHBACK~
 
                      'Here's what you're gonna do. Ask Hyukjae-hyung to tell Sungmin-noona to meet him at the cafe you're currently working at. Then when she arrives give me a call'
 
                      'What happens next?'
 
                      'Leave the rest to me'
 
~END OF FLASHBACK~
 
                       I'm already here in the cafe. It's already 7:30 pm. My shift ends in 30 minutes. Where the hell is Hyukjae? Just then the door opened and there they were, Hyukjae with the not so happy Sungmin. I went to the counter and dialled Kyuuhyun's number. I have to do this fast or else she'll go away. I don't want that to happen.
 
                       I tried to busy myself while I saw Hyukjae convincing Sungmin to stay for a little while longer. They were arguing.
 
                       "I can't believe you dragged me out here for nothing Hyukjae!" Sungmin shouted. I winced. Kyuhyun, we're the hell are you?!! She's leaving! I'm starting to panic and Hyukjae noticed it. 
 
                       "Come on Sungmin! You know it's not her fault!" he tried to argue. It's a good thing there are no more customers or else they'll be kicked out. Manager Hara wanted to come between them but I stopped her with a pleading look in my eyes. I guess she got the message and just stood beside me watching from the sidelines.
 
                       "What do you want me to do? Continue befriending her when my heart shattered into pieces?"
 
                       "Tss. You never confessed to her your feelings. How the hell would she know about it?" he fought back. Ooh! Nice one Hyukjae.
 
                       "I think they're arguing about you" Manager Hara said. "The girl's a little mean though"
 
                       "She's just angry" I said. I think I'm trying to convince  myself that the reason she said all of those things was because she's angry. I sighed. I just hope I'm right.
 
                       "Whatever Hyukjae! I'm leaving!" she said. Someone entered the door but Sungmin didn't notice and just walked past him.
 
                       "No you're not" the man said. And the next thing that happened made the three of us gasp.
 
There goes my sanity. Anyway, please comment and subscribe. hehehe! I need opinion! :))