The Identity I Never Knew

The Identity I Never Knew

 

"M-mom?" 
 
Her eyes widened as she saw Donghae's face in front of her. "Who is she honey?" asked her husband. His eyes widened as he realized who she was.
 
"W-what a-are you d-doing here? I-i thought y-you were at h-ho-home" she stammered. 
 
"Who are they mom?" Donghae asked sternly. Her mom swallowed the lump forming in as she fidgeted for the right answer. "Are they the reason why you're not home often since dad died?" she continued, tears forming in her eyes. Her mom was silent. Donghae held her mom's wrist in anger. "Answer me!" she shouted as tears roll down her cheeks. Her mom nodded.
 
Meanwhile, on their table, Hyukjae held Sungmin in place as he stopped her from interupting a very important family meeting. Heechul, on the other hand, is stopping Kyuhyun. "We have to do something noona" Kyuhyun said as he tried to get up again. 
 
"Sit down the both of you or you'll get a piece of me" she hissed. "You cannot interrupt this. This is none of your business"
 
"Mom, Dad, what's going on?" a girl around Donghae's age or maybe younger asked. Donghae stared at her  then she looked at her mom, examining her face. 
 
"She looks like you. She's your daughter by blood?" her mom hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Then what am I? Adopted? Unwanted child of dad's?" she asked, still trying to stable her voice.
 
"You're my biological daughter too. She's younger than you by a year" her mom whispered.
 
"So you cheated on dad? When I was just a baby?" Her grip tightened. Her mom winced in pain.
 
"Donghae, you're getting out of hand. Let go of you're mother right now" the man said. Donghae's eyes widened in shock as she loosened her grip on her mother.
 
"Y-you... you know me? You know that she has a family and y-yet y-you..." she couldn't continue as her tears were now uncontrollable. 
 
"I'm so sorry Donghae" she said as she placed her hand on her shoulder.
 
"DON'T TOUCH ME!!!" she shouted "DON'T EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN WITH THOSE FILTHY HANDS OF YOURS!"
 
The man slapped her. "Don't you dare talk to your mother like that!"
 
"I hate you!" Donghae hissed under her breath with her hand on her now swollen cheek. The man raised his hand again in an attempt to slap her again but he was stopped by another hand.
 
"You do not have the right to slap someone else's daughter. Leave now or you'll regret ever meeting me" Donghae looked up and saw Yesung. His eyes were as mad as ever. He stared coldly at the man her mother is living with.
 
The man pulled his hand away. "Who're you to tell me to leave the restaurant? I'm a customer here!" he said proudly raising his voice.
 
"My name is Kim Jongwoon, the heir of the Kim Industries. I believe my company is a big stockholder of your company. I can make you and your family suffer in many ways you could possibly think of if you don't leave this place right now" he stated in a cold, dangerous voice.
 
Hyukjae stood up from his seat and pulled Donghae to his embrace. Heechul, Sungmin and Kyuhyun followed suit. "Let's get you out here now" Hyukjae cooed the still crying Donghae. She nodded. Donghae's mom and her family left the restaurant in a hurry.
 
"Yesung-hyung, where did you come from?" Kyuhyun asked. He knows that his hyung's anger has now subsided now that the source is gone. 
 
"I'm in the kitchen, trying to find my turtle. I thought they were gonna cook him, turns out he was just under the table. Silly me" he stated.
 
Kyuhyun and Heechul shook their heads at his innocence. "Jongwoon, you're really scary and weird at the same time, you know that?" Heechul teased. He nodded his head innocently.
 
"Noona, hyung, we'll be taking Donghae outside now. See you on monday, I guess" Kyuhyun said as he ran towards the door.
 
"I pity Donghae. She doesn't deserve to be treated that way. She's kind" Yesung said, trying to make a conversation. 
 
"I don't know her that much to prove that she's kind" Heechul deadpanned. "Are you alone by any chance?" she asked.
 
"I have my turtle" he said with a serious face. Heechul face palmed herself. "Seriously, as in another human to eat with?" he shook his head. "Come on, eat with me and my parents. They don't mind the company" she said as she pull Yesung by arm.
 
Meanwhile in the car, Hyukjae was still cradling Donghae. She stopped crying a few minutes ago. Kyuhyun was driving the car. One hand on the wheel, the other holding Sungmin's hand.
 
"I want to go somewhere" Donghae said weakly. 
 
"Where?" Kyuhyun asked.
 
"Cemetery" she answered. Sungmin looked behind in confusion but Hyukjae gave her a reassuring nod. They reached the cemetery. Much to Donghae's dismay it was now closed. 
 
"Noona, it's closed. Where do you want to go now?" Kyuhyun asked. 
 
Donghae didn't answer. She doesn't want to go home since it will remind her of her mother. 
 
"Crash at my place tonight?" Sungmin asked. Donghae just nodded. 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I feel so pathetic! Trusting my mother like that and being a burden to my friends. Right now, I'm in Sungmin's room. She insisted that I sleep beside her just in case because she's very worried about me. And because I'm too tired to even think, the moment I layed down on her bed, I fell asleep. 
 
I woke up at around 5AM. I stared at the ceiling. Wait! This is not my room! I looked around and saw Sungmin beside me sleeping peacefully. Then all the scenes that happened last night came back to me. I ran to the bathroom and opened the faucet to muffle my cries. I cried for a good 30 minutes before heading out the bathroom and changing my clothes. I've decided to visit my father to clear up my thoughts. I need him, desperately!
 
I head out the house without really looking at it in a close perspective. My mind is too preoccupied at the moment. Too many questions have been popping out of my head lately. Well, most of it concerns my mom. Should I still call her 'Mom' after what I've learned? Maybe. She's still biologically my mother. But in my heart she no longer remains. My love for my mother died last night along with the respect I have for her. Is this bad? Am I a bad daughter now for thinking like this? 
 
A car screeched to a stop making me snap out of my trance. It was too close to me. I could've been hit huh? The driver went out. "Are you trying to kill yourself?!" he shouted. I blinked at him. I should stop thinking things right now. I looked around and saw that we were on the middle of the road. The car's door opened again and I widened my eyes in surprise.
 
"Donghae? Are you alright?" Heechul-sunbae asked. 
 
I couldn't move. I could just lie and say 'Yea I'm fine' but somehow I couldn't. I just stared at her, not knowing what to do.
 
"Are you going somewhere?" I nodded. "I'll take you there then" she offered while pulling me towards her car. Why is she so nice anyway? 
 
Inside the car, both of us were quiet. Heechul broke the silence "Where are you off to?" 
 
"Cemetery"
 
"Why?"
 
"I need to visit my dad. It'll help me clear my thoughts" I said in a monotone.
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
They reached the cemetery. Donghe hopped off and said thank you to Heechul as she walked off. Heechul stared at her witha concerned look on her face. "Let's go. Dad might get tired of waiting"
 
Donghae reached her father's grave and sat in front of it. She sighed as she felt a cool breeze touch her face. 
 
"Hey dad" she started "I've been a bad girl. I told mom I hate her. I think she deserves to be hated though. She disregarded the trust I gave her. Dad, what should I do now?" she started crying.
 
~
 
"Dad, you just got here and now you're telling me you want to visit a deceased friend?" Heechul whined.
 
"Heechul, the guy's my bestfriend. Plus, I made a promise to him. I think it's about time that I fulfill it" Mr. Kim reasoned out.
 
"Why now? You said he's been dead like years ago"
 
"He knows I have my reasons. Hey, do you remember your childhood friend? What's her name again?"
 
"Fishy. I don't remember her name though. Her dad calls her that so I can only recall her pet name" she replied.
 
They hopped off the car and started walking. "Dad! The sun's torturing me! My skin doesn't deserve this!" she whined again. Mr. Kim just shook his head. When they reached the top of the hill, they saw a figure crying in front of the gravestone. Heechul recognized the outfit and the hair.
 
'Donghae. Wipe away your tears and turn around'
 
Donghae obliged and saw Heechul and a middle-aged man standing beside her with a bouquet of flowers on his hand. She stood up and bowed. "Are you, by any chance, here to visit my father?" The two gasped in surprise.
 
'Donghae, my dear daughter. It's time for me to go. The person I have been waiting for is here. Please know that I love you and I will always be watching over you. I love you my daughter and please stay safe' 
 
A cool breeze blew and Donghae feel cold at the loss of her father's soul. "Goodbye dad" she thought.
 
"Fishy?" Donghae's head snapped up upon hearing the pet name lost long ago. 
 
"What did you just call me?"
 
"Fishy" Heechul ran towards her and hugged her tight. "Rella?" Donghae asked. Heechul nodded her head furiously as tears rolled down her eyes. "It's been so long. How have you been? You changed a lot" Donghae said.
 
Heechul pulled away and looked at Donghae. "YOU changed a lot! I mean, look at you! You look like a ing nerd with those stupid glasses. And what's with the ponytail? You're not a horse but a freakin' fish! Why did you destroy yourself?" Heechul ranted. Donghae shook her head. 
 
'Nope. She didn't change' Donghae thought.
 
Mr. Kim faked a cough and the two looked at him. "Let's go now. Donghae, come with us for a moment. We need to talk about something" he walked away.
 
Donghae and Heechul stared at each other in confusion before following Mr. Kim.
 
"Hey Heechul-uni, I need a favor" Donghae started.
 
"What is it?" asked Heechul while checking herself out in the mirror.
 
"Can you please tell Kyuhyun that I'm with you right now? Sungmin might freak out if I'm not there when she wakes up" Heechul pulled out her phone and called Kyuhyun.
 
"Yo maknae! Yah! How dare you shout at me?" she paused "Yeah yeah whatever. Hey, tell that bunny that Donghae's with me you got that? If that message isn't delivered, say goodbye to your games, do you understand?" she paused again "Good" she hang up the phone.
 
Donghae chuckled at her old friend. She really didn't change. Not one bit. She's still a diva. 
 
A/N: So yeah, another update. Thank you new subscibers! i love you! :))  Oh and  by the way, I need a poster. Can anybody help me? I at photoshop.. please? Thank you to the person who would help me!